Weavers and craftsmen honoured in the function organized on National Handloom Day
- 08 Aug 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On August 7, 2022, several weavers and craftsmen, including orchard print craftsman Rashida Bi, selected for the National Award Year-2021, were felicitated at the 8th National Handloom Day celebrations held at Gauhar Mahal to honour the art of handloom craftsmen and weavers and enrich the handloom industry.
- Principal Secretary, Cottage and Village Industries Smita Bhardwaj and Commissioner--Managing Director Handlooms, Sant Ravidas Madhya Pradesh Handicrafts and Handloom Development Corporation Anubha Srivastava felicitated the weavers and craftsmen at the function.
- Bag print craftsman Rashida Bi, who was selected for the National Award for the year 2021, was felicitated at the ceremony. It is noteworthy that orchard craftsman Rashida Bi has been selected for the National Award by the Union Ministry of Textiles. He will get this award on the fine workmanship of the garden print on the sheet.
- He has mastered the art of stamp printing in village Bagh of Dhar district. Earlier, he has received state-level awards in the year 2012 and 2014. He is the world famous UNESCO Award winning master craftsman of garden print. Abdul Kader is khatri's wife.
- On the occasion of National Handloom Day, sarees developed by weavers of Chanderi, featuring khajuraho temple and sanchi stupa design and Maheshwar fort design, showcasing the unique heritage designs of carvings done on the architectural heritage and heritage of Madhya Pradesh in the traditional handloom cluster Chanderi, were felicitated.
- Among them, Kalawati Koli for the design of Khajuraho Temple, Ghanshyam Koli for the design of Sanchi Stupa, Mohammad Gufran Ahmed for the design of Maheshwar Fort and Mohammad Abdul Aman for graph design of Maheshwar Fort were honored.