Why in News?
Uttar Pradesh has been included in the leader category in the third edition of Startup Ecosystem Rankings released by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade on July 4, 2022.
- Based on 7 sectors related to startup reforms, the report divides the states into 5 categories-
- The best performers
- Top performers
- Aspiring leaders
- Emerging startup ecosystem.
- According to the report, Gujarat and Karnataka are the best performing states at the forefront of the startup ecosystem. Kerala, Maharashtra, Odisha, Telangana have been included in the top performing states.
- On the other hand, states like Uttarakhand, Punjab, Assam and Tamil Nadu have been included in the Leaders category, while Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Delhi etc. have been selected in the Aspirational Leaders category.
- The emerging startup ecosystem category includes Andhra Pradesh and Bihar.
Why in News?
On July 4, 2022, Bihar's Panchayati Raj Minister Samrat Chaudhary informed that on the recommendation of the 15th Finance Commission, the Center has released a fund of Rs 1152.60 crore for Bihar.
- The fund will be used on the basis of the formula decided in the Gram Panchayat, Panchayat Samiti and Zila Parishad. The aim is to take development to the lower level.
- Based on the recommendation of the 15th Finance Commission for the financial year 2022-23, Bihar has received a fund of Rs. 1152.60 crore as the first instalment under the tight grant item from the Government of India. The fund has been given to strengthen 8067 Gram Panchayats, 533 Panchayat Samitis and 38 Zila Parishads in Bihar.
- Samrat Chaudhary said that the sanctioned amount will be withdrawn in the financial year 2022-23, the grant received on the recommendation of the 15th Finance Commission will be distributed among the Panchayati Raj Institutions in the ratio of 70:15:15. Based on this formula, Rs 806.82 crore will be allocated to Gram Panchayats, Rs 172.89 crore to Panchayat Samitis and Rs 172.8 crore to Zilla Parishads.
- It is known that 1 week ago, in the light of the recommendation of the Finance Commission, Rs 768.40 crore has been distributed proportionately among the Panchayati Raj Institutions under the untied head. In this way, the Government of India has received 1152.60 crores in tide and Rs 768.40 crores in untied items i.e., Bihar has received a total of Rs 1921 crores in the financial year 2022-23.
Why in News?
On July 4, 2022 Rajasthan Forest Department Principal Secretary, Shikhar Agrawal received proposals from the District Deputy Conservator of Forests of Botanical Gardens and modified Luv-Kush Vatikas to be built in six divisional headquarters districts of the state through video conferencing from the Government Secretariat. While reviewing, informed about their early construction.
- In order to promote awareness about local species of plants, biodiversity and environmental protection in the state, the construction of Botanical Gardens in Ajmer, Bikaner, Udaipur, Kota, Bharatpur and Jodhpur districts of six divisional headquarters of the state will be started soon.
- More and more local species of plants and flora will be planted in these gardens. Along with this, local flora, such as fruits, flowers, medicinal and shady trees, will be planted under the local environment and eco-friendly under Lav-Kush Vatikas, so that people can get the local forest experience there.
- More and more natural building materials will be used in the construction work of the Botanical Garden and Lav-Kush Vatikas, so that it can make people feel the nature.
Why in News?
On July 4, 2022, Rajasthan Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Tikaram Juli launched the new portal of Mukhyamantri Anupriti Coaching Scheme for the academic year 2022-23 through video conference.
- It is known that last year there was a provision to benefit 10,000 students through this scheme, which has been increased to 15,000 for this year by the State Government.
- CA and CS courses have also been included under the scheme by the state government this year. Along with this, even after passing 12th for medical and engineering related courses, students can apply for two years.
- Secretary, Social Justice and Empowerment, Dr. Samit Sharma informed that under the scheme, students can apply online till July 31, 2022. Last year, a total of 1,09,510 applications were received from students under the scheme.
- On the new portal, now all the documents will be verified through web service as far as possible. Due to automatic approval of the applications as far as possible, the merit list will be issued immediately after the last date of application. Apart from this, a provision of 10 percent waiting list has also been kept in the priority list.
Why in News?
On July 4, 2022, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the draft of 'Khadi Workers Economic Incentive Scheme' to promote Khadi and encourage Khadi workers.
- He has also sanctioned a financial sanction of Rs.9 crore for financial assistance to the workers in the year 2022-23.
- With this approval, about 20,000 khadi workers of the state will get adequate remuneration. This will improve their livelihood.
- Under the scheme, additional incentives in the form of per square meter will be provided to khadi weavers of the State in addition to the rates fixed by khadi and village industries commission as per the cost chart. In addition, the workers working in the Khadi Institutions/Societies will also be able to get incentives per square meter on the items produced by the Khadi Institution/Societies.
- The scheme will cost Rs.36 lakh for construction of software, computer operators and data entry among other works.
- In the scheme, applications of workers will be invited by khadi and village industries board through khadi institutions/committees. The incentive amount will be made available directly to the bank account to the workers.
- It may be mentioned that the Chief Minister in the Budget 2022-23 had announced the implementation of 'Khadi Workers Economic Incentive Scheme' to provide adequate remuneration to the workers of khadi sector such as weavers and workers.
Why in News?
On July 4, 2022, the Madhya Pradesh government organized a coordination committee under the chairmanship of the Chief Secretary for the hospitality, accommodation, security arrangements for the international participants during the G-20 group meetings to be held in two cities of the state- Indore and Bhopal has constituted.
- In the coordination committee, Additional Chief Secretary General Administration, Home, Principal Secretary Industrial Policy and Promotion, Chief Executive Officer Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Good Governance and Policy Analysis, Bhopal will be members. Principal Secretary Tourism has been made Member Secretary and Nodal Officer.
- It may be mentioned that India will chair the G-20 grouping in the period from December 1, 2022 to November 30, 2023. More than 190 meetings are to be held at various places in the country during this period.
Why in News?
On July 4, 2022, under the leadership of Grand Master Anurag Mahamal, the torch of 44th Chess Olympiad reached T.T Nagar Stadium, Bhopal, which was welcomed by Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia.
- It may be recalled that this torch was launched and flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on June 19, 2022 from The Indira Gandhi Stadium in Delhi.
- The Chess Olympiad is being held for the first time in India. Around 2,000 players from around 187 countries will perform their game from July 28, 2022 to August 10, 2022 at Mahabalipuram in Tamil Nadu.
- The Chess Olympiad torch will travel to major locations of Ujjain, Indore, Bhopal, Sanchi and Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh and leave for New Delhi.
Why in News?
On July 4, 2022, Haryana Government has decided to provide free of cost health facilities like radiological tests to HIV patients in the state under Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode.
- All laboratory tests and radiological tests, including USG, CT scan and MRI, being provided in government hospitals under PPP mode, will also be provided free of cost to HIV patients.
- To provide this facility to the patients suffering from HIV, they have been included in the seven categories of the state, who are being provided various health facilities free of cost under the PPP mode, that is, the category of HIV infected patients will be the eighth category, Free treatment will be provided.
- In these seven categories, patients from BPL and urban slums of the state, patients receiving disability allowance from the state government, patients not falling in any free category, scheduled caste category patients, according to the reservation policy of the Haryana government. Patients belonging to weaker sections, road accident victims and state government employees, pensioners and their dependents are included.
- At present, about 22,000 patients living with HIV are taking Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) in the state, while their number is increasing by about 300 patients per month.
Why in News?
On July 4, 2022 Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren inaugurated 224 schemes worth about Rs 512 crore in Dhanbad.
- The Chief Minister laid the foundation stone of 118 schemes worth about Rs 350.86 crore and inaugurated 106 schemes worth Rs 161.28 crore on the occasion.
- He also gave appointment letters to 175 newly appointed personnel, including 172 young men and women, trained under the Skill Development Mission.
- Significantly, 80 percent of the state's population is from rural environment. Most of them are farmers and cattle herders. The government is continuously taking steps to increase their income.
- The Chief Minister distributed assets worth about Rs 97.45 crore among 20,146 beneficiaries.
- Importantly, this includes MTS cold room of Rs 16.98 crore among 3665 beneficiaries, assistance of about Rs 5.18 crore to 194 people under Mukhyamantri critical illness plan, PMEGP among 602 people, CC of education and about 9.39 crores as housing loan. Rs. crore, under NRLM, 5361 SHGs in the form of community investment fund and cash credit linkage Rs.30.65 crore, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Rs 37.20 crore among 3100 rural beneficiaries, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- 487 city beneficiaries. An amount/asset of Rs.10.95 crore has been disbursed.
- Apart from this, the beneficiaries were given the benefit of many more schemes including Sona Sobran Dhoti Saree Distribution Scheme, Chief Minister Pashudhan Yojana, Universal Pension Scheme, Mukhyamantri Sukanya Yojana and Green Card.
Why in News?
On July 4, 2022, under the leadership of Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren, the Solar Energy Policy, 2022 was implemented for the wide expansion of solar energy, under which 4,000 MW of electricity generation from solar energy is for the financial year 2022-23 to 2026-27 is defined.
- A detailed policy has been formulated for the development of solar energy in the State through a number of schemes like Solar Park, Canal Top Solar, Floating Solar.
- The government has set a target of installing about 4,000 MW of solar power in the state in the next 5 years. Under this, a target has been set to install about 3,000 MW on utility scale, 720 MW under distributed solar power and 280 MW under off-grid solar project.
- The new policy has made provisions including single window system, payment mechanism, land arrangement through land bank for the encouragement of private investors.
- Dedicated Solar Energy Cell, Statutory approval within maximum 60 days Scheme for formation of 1,000 Solar Villages, Cross subsidy under the policy of encouraging Economically Backward Villagers and exemption from third party and captive use, at the 1% Indexation for 25 years, exemption in electricity bill, 100% exemption in state goods and services tax for 5 years.
- Two High Level Committees will be constituted by the Government to analyze the works as per the target.
Why in News?
On July 4, 2022, under the third edition of the States Startup Ranking released by the Central Industry Promotion and Internal Trade Department, in the program organized by Union Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal in New Delhi, Chhattisgarh was awarded as an aspiring leader for the development of startup ecosystem in the state.
- It is noteworthy that under the present Industrial Policy of Chhattisgarh, 2019-24, Startup Package has been implemented to benefit startup units. A total of 748 startups are registered in the state.
- In the citation given to Chhattisgarh as an aspiring leader, it has been mentioned that many commendable initiatives have been taken by the Chhattisgarh government to encourage startups, including establishment of startup policy, tax exemption for startups and grants. Provision of and installation and up-gradation of incubators is a major initiative. Provisions have been made for co-working space, mentorship, funding and technology support for startups through incubators.
- Three officers of Chhattisgarh - Anurag Pandey (Special Secretary, Department of Commerce and Industry), Praveen Shukla (Additional Director Industries) and Suman Dewangan (Assistant Director) were felicitated by the Union Minister for their outstanding contribution to the startup sector.
- It may be mentioned that under the Chhattisgarh State Industrial Policy, 2019-24, the Chhattisgarh State Startup Package has been implemented to encourage startup units.
- Reimbursement of 40 percent of the building rent for three years, with a maximum limit of Rs 8,000 per month to startups and 50 percent reimbursement for participation in seminars, workshops, seminars, exhibitions by startup units, subject to a maximum limit of one lakh rupees Every year, it is being given.
- To encourage startups in the state, 50 percent of the expenditure to be made for setting up of incubators is being given as grant, maximum amount of Rs 50 lakh and Rs 3 lakh per year for operation.
- Under the Industrial Award Scheme, a provision has been made to give awards in the startup category. Provision has been made for the first, second and third prizes of Rs 1,51,000, Rs 1,00,000 and Rs 51,000 respectively and a citation.
Why in News?
Recently a 'State Level Pre-Launch' meeting was organized in Jagdalpur, Chhattisgarh with the participation of District and State level officials to ensure a seamless, sustainable and integrated strengthening of health care systems, in which 'Vaccination- On Wheels' van, which will provide daily facilities like COVID-19 vaccination, Neapolitan vaccination and other primary level facilities in remote places.
- It is worth noting that ChildFund India announced the launch of a large-scale project named 'Covid Mukt Gaon' in three states of India- Jharkhand, Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh.
- With the support of Prosper, Childfund aims to establish a sustainable network care model, to ensure better access to quality affordable health services.
- The 'COVID-free cow' project is being supported to provide basic health services, equipment and child-friendly care (paediatric services). Through private sector participation, the effort will be enhanced with telemedicine services, health outreach vehicles and camps.
- Significantly, Childfund (NGO) in India is representing the voice of underprivileged children in the country, with its head office located in Bengaluru and a programme office in Delhi, which is also the registered office of Childfund India.
- In India, Childfund operates in 85 districts in 15 states. Through long-term partnerships and direct implementation, it reaches out to about 3 million children, youth and their families in 3200 communities/villages annually.
Why in News?
On July 4, 2022, in order to implement the Mukhyamantri Ghasyari Kalyan Yojana (MGKY) and to expedite the process of computerization of all multi-purpose Primary Agricultural Credit Societies (MPACS) in the state, Cooperation Secretary BVRC Purushottam held a review meeting with the department officials at the Integrated Cooperative Development Project Office.
- In the meeting, the Secretary said that it has been directed by Cooperation Minister Dhan Singh Rawat that MGKY be expanded in all hill districts of the state.
- Under the scheme, nutritious green fodder silage is provided to farmers and cattle herders through cooperative societies.
- The Secretary also informed that 103 MPACS have gone online to mark the completion of 100 days of Pushkar Singh Dhami government in the state.
- Apart from this, the Secretary, after reviewing the Bakri Ghati villages, said that goat villages would also be established in Almora, Bageshwar, Chamoli, Pauri and Rudraprayag districts, whose size would be spread over an area of one square kilometer.
Switch to Hindi