Why in News?
On July 4, 2022 Rajasthan Forest Department Principal Secretary, Shikhar Agrawal received proposals from the District Deputy Conservator of Forests of Botanical Gardens and modified Luv-Kush Vatikas to be built in six divisional headquarters districts of the state through video conferencing from the Government Secretariat. While reviewing, informed about their early construction.
- In order to promote awareness about local species of plants, biodiversity and environmental protection in the state, the construction of Botanical Gardens in Ajmer, Bikaner, Udaipur, Kota, Bharatpur and Jodhpur districts of six divisional headquarters of the state will be started soon.
- More and more local species of plants and flora will be planted in these gardens. Along with this, local flora, such as fruits, flowers, medicinal and shady trees, will be planted under the local environment and eco-friendly under Lav-Kush Vatikas, so that people can get the local forest experience there.
- More and more natural building materials will be used in the construction work of the Botanical Garden and Lav-Kush Vatikas, so that it can make people feel the nature.
Why in News?
On July 4, 2022, Rajasthan Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Tikaram Juli launched the new portal of Mukhyamantri Anupriti Coaching Scheme for the academic year 2022-23 through video conference.
- It is known that last year there was a provision to benefit 10,000 students through this scheme, which has been increased to 15,000 for this year by the State Government.
- CA and CS courses have also been included under the scheme by the state government this year. Along with this, even after passing 12th for medical and engineering related courses, students can apply for two years.
- Secretary, Social Justice and Empowerment, Dr. Samit Sharma informed that under the scheme, students can apply online till July 31, 2022. Last year, a total of 1,09,510 applications were received from students under the scheme.
- On the new portal, now all the documents will be verified through web service as far as possible. Due to automatic approval of the applications as far as possible, the merit list will be issued immediately after the last date of application. Apart from this, a provision of 10 percent waiting list has also been kept in the priority list.
Why in News?
On July 4, 2022, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the draft of 'Khadi Workers Economic Incentive Scheme' to promote Khadi and encourage Khadi workers.
- He has also sanctioned a financial sanction of Rs.9 crore for financial assistance to the workers in the year 2022-23.
- With this approval, about 20,000 khadi workers of the state will get adequate remuneration. This will improve their livelihood.
- Under the scheme, additional incentives in the form of per square meter will be provided to khadi weavers of the State in addition to the rates fixed by khadi and village industries commission as per the cost chart. In addition, the workers working in the Khadi Institutions/Societies will also be able to get incentives per square meter on the items produced by the Khadi Institution/Societies.
- The scheme will cost Rs.36 lakh for construction of software, computer operators and data entry among other works.
- In the scheme, applications of workers will be invited by khadi and village industries board through khadi institutions/committees. The incentive amount will be made available directly to the bank account to the workers.
- It may be mentioned that the Chief Minister in the Budget 2022-23 had announced the implementation of 'Khadi Workers Economic Incentive Scheme' to provide adequate remuneration to the workers of khadi sector such as weavers and workers.
Switch to Hindi