Solar Energy Policy, 2022
- 05 Jul 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On July 4, 2022, under the leadership of Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren, the Solar Energy Policy, 2022 was implemented for the wide expansion of solar energy, under which 4,000 MW of electricity generation from solar energy is for the financial year 2022-23 to 2026-27 is defined.
- A detailed policy has been formulated for the development of solar energy in the State through a number of schemes like Solar Park, Canal Top Solar, Floating Solar.
- The government has set a target of installing about 4,000 MW of solar power in the state in the next 5 years. Under this, a target has been set to install about 3,000 MW on utility scale, 720 MW under distributed solar power and 280 MW under off-grid solar project.
- The new policy has made provisions including single window system, payment mechanism, land arrangement through land bank for the encouragement of private investors.
- Dedicated Solar Energy Cell, Statutory approval within maximum 60 days Scheme for formation of 1,000 Solar Villages, Cross subsidy under the policy of encouraging Economically Backward Villagers and exemption from third party and captive use, at the 1% Indexation for 25 years, exemption in electricity bill, 100% exemption in state goods and services tax for 5 years.
- Two High Level Committees will be constituted by the Government to analyze the works as per the target.