Why in News?
On July 4, 2022, the Madhya Pradesh government organized a coordination committee under the chairmanship of the Chief Secretary for the hospitality, accommodation, security arrangements for the international participants during the G-20 group meetings to be held in two cities of the state- Indore and Bhopal has constituted.
- In the coordination committee, Additional Chief Secretary General Administration, Home, Principal Secretary Industrial Policy and Promotion, Chief Executive Officer Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Good Governance and Policy Analysis, Bhopal will be members. Principal Secretary Tourism has been made Member Secretary and Nodal Officer.
- It may be mentioned that India will chair the G-20 grouping in the period from December 1, 2022 to November 30, 2023. More than 190 meetings are to be held at various places in the country during this period.
Why in News?
On July 4, 2022, under the leadership of Grand Master Anurag Mahamal, the torch of 44th Chess Olympiad reached T.T Nagar Stadium, Bhopal, which was welcomed by Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia.
- It may be recalled that this torch was launched and flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on June 19, 2022 from The Indira Gandhi Stadium in Delhi.
- The Chess Olympiad is being held for the first time in India. Around 2,000 players from around 187 countries will perform their game from July 28, 2022 to August 10, 2022 at Mahabalipuram in Tamil Nadu.
- The Chess Olympiad torch will travel to major locations of Ujjain, Indore, Bhopal, Sanchi and Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh and leave for New Delhi.
Switch to Hindi