Why In News?
On December 2, 2022, Jaipur Collector Prakash Rajpurohit inspected the construction of the state's first automatic and Jaipur's largest passenger ropeway to be built in the Hanuman Ji temple complex located in Jaipur city.
- Jaipur Collector Prakash Rajpurohit said that the name of this ropeway will be Annapurna Mata Ropeway, which will be the fifth in the state and second after Samod Hanumanji ropeway of Jaipur district.
- A 436-meter long ropeway is being built from Annapurna Mata Temple to Vaishno Mata Temple located on the hill of Hanuman Temple in Khole.
- An agreement has been signed between the firm and the Jaipur district administration for the construction of the ropeway, after which the firm will be issued a license under the Ropeway Act. The Collector has directed the manufacturer firm to construct the ropeway within two years.
- During the inspection, officials of the ropeway construction firm told Collector Prakash Rajpurohit that the height of the ropeway to be operated on the five towers would be 85 meters. The ropeway with 24 trolleys will have a capacity of 800 passengers per hour.
- The Collector said that the safety parameters of the ropeway will be regularly checked by the district administration during construction and even after the commencement of operation. In the construction of the ropeway, the heritage, craftsmanship and splendor of Jaipur will be seen.
- The collector said that the ropeway construction firm has been directed to provide free travel to children in the age group of 0 to 5 years and elderly people above 70 years of age as well as the disabled through the ropeway.
- The one-way journey of the ropeway will be completed in about 4.5 minutes, during which the trolley will be stopped twice in the middle of the journey to show passengers a panoramic view of Jaipur.
Why In News?
On December 2, 2022, Sanjay Srivastava, Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, Jharkhand, released the Forest Soil Health Card of Jharkhand at the Forest Productivity Institute at Lalgutwa, Ranchi.
- On this occasion, Principal Chief Conservator of Forests Sanjay Srivastava said that Jharkhand is the first state in the country where Forest Soil Health Card has been released.
- Director of Forest Productivity Institute, Ranchi Nitin Kulkarni said that after the approval of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, the work of Forest Soil Health Card was started by the Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education, Dehradun.
- The Forest Productivity Institute of Ranchi was tasked with preparing forest soil health cards for Jharkhand, Bihar and West Bengal. Despite Corona, this work was completed in the stipulated time frame.
- National Project Coordinator of Dehradun's Forest Research Center Dr. Vijender Pal Pawar said that soil samples from many places have been tested. After that they were analyzed.
- The main objective of making Forest Soil Health Card is to diagnose the problems related to soil fertility. Villagers living on the banks of forests will get its benefit.
- On this occasion Dr. Shambhunath Mishra, Principal Investigator, Institute of Forest Productivity, said that with the help of GIS and remote sensing, soil samples were collected from 1311 locations in 31 regional forest divisions of Jharkhand. After this, 16670 soils were analyzed in the institute's laboratory.
Why In News?
On December 2, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel virtually inaugurated the Regional C-Mart in Bilaspur and Ambikapur from his office in the Vidhan Sabha.
- The Chief Minister also transferred a grant of Rs 13 crore 46 lakh 35 thousand to 863 collector families under Shaheed Mahendra Karma Tendu Patta Collector Social Security Scheme and scholarship amount of Rs 8 crore 4 lakh 65 thousand to 7566 students under the scholarship scheme.
- Speaking on the occasion, Chief Minister Mr. Bhupesh Baghel said that C-Mart has been built in 28 districts. There is no problem with selling products anymore. C-Mart has made it easier for consumers and women in self-help groups. The income of the women of the group is also increasing.
- He said that those items should be produced more, which have high demand in the market. Before making a new product, assess its demand in the market in a better way.
- The Chief Minister said that today the products made by self-help groups have got a market through C-Mart. This has increased their income as well as employment.
- He said that a C-Mart is connected to the C-Mart of another district or division through online medium, which provides information about which products are available in which C-Mart.
- Chief Minister Mr. Baghel spoke sympathetically to the beneficiaries of Shaheed Mahendra Karma Tendu Patta Collector Social Security Scheme. Speaking on the occasion, he said that under this scheme, the victim's family is getting assistance in a short time. This has given his family a financial support.
- During the scholarship distribution program to meritorious students, the Chief Minister said that this amount received by the meritorious students helps a lot in their further studies and also encourages other students to study hard.
Why In News?
According to the information provided by the Chhattisgarh Public Relations Department on December 2, 2022, Sukma district has secured the first position in the country in the delta ranking of aspirational districts released by NITI Aayog for the month of October.
- Aspirational district Sukma has got the first rank in the country in the field of health and nutrition for the month of October.
- It is noteworthy that due to the continuous efforts being made by the administration and the health department, the situation in health and nutritional parameters has improved in the district. An increase of 4 percent has been recorded in the ANC registration of pregnant women in the district, whereas there has been an increase of 4 percent in institutional deliveries in the district, in the present situation 90 percent institutional deliveries are being done.
- It is noteworthy that the rate of providing supplementary nutrition to pregnant and infant women in Anganwadi’s of the district under the Women and Child Development Department is 99.14 percent. Similarly, there has been a seven percentincrease in the detection of TB patients in the district, while the successful treatment of TB patients has increased by 12 percent.
- The district administration has done better work in the field of health, nutrition, education, agriculture, development of basic facilities, skill development, water resources in the district, as a result of which Sukma district has been ranked overall in the month of October based on the data released by NITI Aayog. Has got the third place, which shows the better performance being done in health, nutrition, education as well as other areas in the district.
Why In News?
According to the report released by the Center for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE) regarding the unemployment rate released by the Center for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), Chhattisgarh is at the top with 0.1% among the states with the lowest unemployment rate in the month of November.
- According to the latest data released by the CMIE on December 1, the unemployment rate in Chhattisgarh has been recorded at 0.1 percent in November, while in The month of November, this figure of unemployment rate in the country has been 8.2 percent.
- Chhattisgarh continues to be the state with the lowest unemployment rate in the country with an unemployment rate of 0.1 percent.
- According to the CMIE data released in May-August 2018, the unemployment rate in Chhattisgarh was 3.22 percent. There has been a significant decline in this from the schemes of the state government. The unemployment rate in Chhattisgarh has come down to 0.1 percent in the month of December 2022.
- The latest data released by the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE) has proved that 99.90 the people of Chhattisgarh state are getting livelihood by joining some employment or the other.
- In November, the unemployment rate in urban areas of the country was 9.0 percent and in rural areas was 7.8 percent.
- The reason behind this achievement of Chhattisgarh state in terms of minimum unemployment rate has been the schemes and policies formulated under the leadership of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel to create new employment opportunities. In the last four and a half years, there have been many such innovations in Chhattisgarh, which have given work to every hand from city to village.
- According to the report released by CMIE, Chhattisgarh tops the list with 0.1 percentamong states with the lowest unemployment rate in November 2022. At the same time, Uttarakhand is in second place with 1.2 percent in the same period. Odisha is third with an unemployment rate of 1.6 percent. In Madhya Pradesh, this figure is 6.2 percent and in Gujarat it is 2.5 percent.
- On the other hand, Haryana tops the list with the highest unemployment rate in November 2022 with an unemployment rate of 30.6 percent. The unemployment rate in Jammu and Kashmir was recorded at 23.9 percent.
- In Chhattisgarh, under the leadership of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, the state government started working with the goal of inclusive development. Innovations were made in the direction of economic strengthening of villages with Mahatma Gandhi's concept of Gram Swarajya. In this, the 'Narva-Garwa-Ghurwa-Badi' program played an important role under the 'Suraji Gaon Yojana', on the other hand, with the 'Godhan Nyay Yojana', Gauthan's were developed as Rural Industrial Parks, from selling cow dung to The villagers got employment by making the products. New employment opportunities were created.
- Procurement of 7 to 65 types of minor forest produce at support price and processing and value addition of these minor forest produce was done. This also provided employment to people in Vananchal. Similarly, C-Mart has been started for the sale of products manufactured by self-help groups.
- 'Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojana' made efforts towards the economic prosperity of the farmers, while the interest of the farmers encouraged by this scheme increased towards agriculture. The area under cultivation and production increased in the state.
- Under the 'Rajiv Gandhi Rural Agricultural Landless Laboure's Scheme', people associated with the 'Pauni-Pasari' system received financial assistance. A new industrial policy was implemented in the state, in which provisions of subsidy were made in many classes and different sectors. This accelerated entrepreneurship development.
Why In News?
According to information received from the media on December 2, 2022, the Uttarakhand State Wildlife Board has been reorganized. Three NGOs and seven non-governmental members have been nominated for a two-year term. Instructions have been issued by the government in this regard.
- The order issued by Forest Secretary Vijay Yadav said that the State Wildlife Board has been reconstituted under the Wildlife Protection Act. Under the provision given in the Act, approval has been given by the Governor to nominate the members for two years.
- The state wildlife board is headed by the chief minister, while the vice-chairman is the forest minister. Apart from this, a total of 15 ex-officio members, including the Director General of Police of the state, and 16 members are nominated by the state government. Apart from this, three legislature party members, three NGOs members and seven members are named ecologists, environmentalists and conservationists.
- The NGOs nominated to the State Wildlife Board are:
- WWF India, World Nature Fund, India
- Himalayan Environment Studies and Conservation Organization (HESCO), Dehradun
- Himalayan Exxon Research Centre, Dehradun
- The non-official members nominated to the State Wildlife Board are:
- Anup Shah, Nainital (Well-known photographer)
- Anil Kumar Dutt (Retired IFS)
- B.S. Bonal (Retired Additional Director General, Wildlife)
- Faiz Aftab, Dehradun
- Mayank Tiwari, Nainital
- Sanjay Sondhi, Titli Trust, Dehradun
- Om Prakash Bhatt, Sarvodaya Kendra Chamoli
- It is known that the proposal to include new members was sent to the state government on behalf of the Forest Department in October.
Why In News?
According to information received from the media on December 2, 2022, the state government will open drone institutes in Uttarakhand to make the work of departments easier and create employment opportunities for the youth with the help of drones. This will make the path of construction, operation and repair of drones easier.
- According to the information, the Information Technology Development Agency (ITDA) has sent a drone policy to the government to attract investors from the manufacture of drones in Uttarakhand to repairing. Many important changes have been made in the policy on the lines of Telangana's drone policy. The government can soon take a decision on drone policy in the cabinet.
- Under this, apart from the drone corridor, provision is also being made to open government drone institutes, repair centers.
- According to the information, such a drone institute will be created which will identify the needs of drones in government departments with training to the youth. With this help, departments will be able to make their work easier with drones. At the same time, drone repair centers can also be opened in the state.
- It has been provided in the drone policy that drone manufacturers and service providers will be able to test their products free of cost. For this, a free fly zone will be prepared. Airstrip , ground control station, mechanical and electrical lab, hangar, training, helipad, support specialist, recharging station etc. will be provided for takeoff and landing of drones.
- A provision has also been made in the policy that the government will open a facilitation cell which will facilitate the licensing and registration of drones. The aim of the government is that the rules of DGCA should be strictly followed and drones should also be encouraged. This cell will also help in obtaining permits for drone manufacturing.
- A special advisory board will be constituted with the help of retired army officers, jawans and policemen for the safe flight of drones. This board will give necessary advice regarding the safe flight of drones based on the experiences of the army.
- With the help of ITDA, youth will be given training in drone operation and maintenance in government and private engineering colleges and polytechnic institutes of the state. Special programs will be conducted regarding aerial photography, surveillance, remote sensing. The university working in drone engineering will also be tied up. Research of drones will be promoted.
- Benefits to manufacturers-
- Manufacturers can be given 100 percent discount in SGST for a certain period.
- They can invest up to a maximum of five crore rupees.
- They will be given a subsidy of 25 percent in the project, which will be up to a maximum of three crores.
- 30 percent subsidy will be given on lease or rent for 10 years.
- Provisions such as 100 percent exemption in stamp duty on purchase of land.
- Benefits to service providers-
- 25% subsidy on investment up to Rs 50 lakh,
- 30% subsidy on lease or rent up to Rs. 5 lakh,
- No fee will be charged for setting up drone stalls in many exhibitions.
- Up to 100 percent discount in internet charges,
- The state government will provide a grant of up to Rs 10 lakh on research in the identified area.
Why In News?
On December 1, 2022, Uttarakhand Cooperation Minister Dr. Dhan Singh Rawat and Animal Husbandry Minister Saurabh Bahuguna jointly launched the 'Poultry Valley Scheme' to double the income of farmers.
- It is worth mentioning that the Department of Cooperation and Animal Husbandry has jointly taken the 'Poultry Valley Scheme' initiative to double the income of farmers. The scheme aims to connect five thousand youths and women in three years.
- In the program organized at UKCDP Directorate, Cooperation Minister Dr. Dhan Singh Rawat said that the government will double the income of poultry farmers. At present, chickens are coming from Najibabad and Bijnor in Uttarakhand. Efforts are being made by the government to provide assistance to poultry farmers at the local level so that their income is doubled and migration from mountainous areas can be stopped. Poultry work has just started in Chakrata. After this, this work will now be implemented in the entire state.
- Animal Husbandry Minister Saurabh Bahuguna said that after the implementation of this scheme, employment opportunities will be created for the youth.
- Dr. BVRC Purushottam, Secretary, Cooperative and Animal Husbandry Department, said that under this scheme, a target has been set to add 5000 beneficiaries for the project period from financial year 2022 to 2025. In this scheme of 182 crores, free chickens and interest free loan will be given to the beneficiaries.
Switch to Hindi