First Government Drone Institute and Repairing Center in Uttarakhand
- 03 Dec 2022
- 4 min read
Why In News?
According to information received from the media on December 2, 2022, the state government will open drone institutes in Uttarakhand to make the work of departments easier and create employment opportunities for the youth with the help of drones. This will make the path of construction, operation and repair of drones easier.
- According to the information, the Information Technology Development Agency (ITDA) has sent a drone policy to the government to attract investors from the manufacture of drones in Uttarakhand to repairing. Many important changes have been made in the policy on the lines of Telangana's drone policy. The government can soon take a decision on drone policy in the cabinet.
- Under this, apart from the drone corridor, provision is also being made to open government drone institutes, repair centers.
- According to the information, such a drone institute will be created which will identify the needs of drones in government departments with training to the youth. With this help, departments will be able to make their work easier with drones. At the same time, drone repair centers can also be opened in the state.
- It has been provided in the drone policy that drone manufacturers and service providers will be able to test their products free of cost. For this, a free fly zone will be prepared. Airstrip , ground control station, mechanical and electrical lab, hangar, training, helipad, support specialist, recharging station etc. will be provided for takeoff and landing of drones.
- A provision has also been made in the policy that the government will open a facilitation cell which will facilitate the licensing and registration of drones. The aim of the government is that the rules of DGCA should be strictly followed and drones should also be encouraged. This cell will also help in obtaining permits for drone manufacturing.
- A special advisory board will be constituted with the help of retired army officers, jawans and policemen for the safe flight of drones. This board will give necessary advice regarding the safe flight of drones based on the experiences of the army.
- With the help of ITDA, youth will be given training in drone operation and maintenance in government and private engineering colleges and polytechnic institutes of the state. Special programs will be conducted regarding aerial photography, surveillance, remote sensing. The university working in drone engineering will also be tied up. Research of drones will be promoted.
- Benefits to manufacturers-
- Manufacturers can be given 100 percent discount in SGST for a certain period.
- They can invest up to a maximum of five crore rupees.
- They will be given a subsidy of 25 percent in the project, which will be up to a maximum of three crores.
- 30 percent subsidy will be given on lease or rent for 10 years.
- Provisions such as 100 percent exemption in stamp duty on purchase of land.
- Benefits to service providers-
- 25% subsidy on investment up to Rs 50 lakh,
- 30% subsidy on lease or rent up to Rs. 5 lakh,
- No fee will be charged for setting up drone stalls in many exhibitions.
- Up to 100 percent discount in internet charges,
- The state government will provide a grant of up to Rs 10 lakh on research in the identified area.