Regional C-Mart in Bilaspur and Ambikapur
- 03 Dec 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
On December 2, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel virtually inaugurated the Regional C-Mart in Bilaspur and Ambikapur from his office in the Vidhan Sabha.
- The Chief Minister also transferred a grant of Rs 13 crore 46 lakh 35 thousand to 863 collector families under Shaheed Mahendra Karma Tendu Patta Collector Social Security Scheme and scholarship amount of Rs 8 crore 4 lakh 65 thousand to 7566 students under the scholarship scheme.
- Speaking on the occasion, Chief Minister Mr. Bhupesh Baghel said that C-Mart has been built in 28 districts. There is no problem with selling products anymore. C-Mart has made it easier for consumers and women in self-help groups. The income of the women of the group is also increasing.
- He said that those items should be produced more, which have high demand in the market. Before making a new product, assess its demand in the market in a better way.
- The Chief Minister said that today the products made by self-help groups have got a market through C-Mart. This has increased their income as well as employment.
- He said that a C-Mart is connected to the C-Mart of another district or division through online medium, which provides information about which products are available in which C-Mart.
- Chief Minister Mr. Baghel spoke sympathetically to the beneficiaries of Shaheed Mahendra Karma Tendu Patta Collector Social Security Scheme. Speaking on the occasion, he said that under this scheme, the victim's family is getting assistance in a short time. This has given his family a financial support.
- During the scholarship distribution program to meritorious students, the Chief Minister said that this amount received by the meritorious students helps a lot in their further studies and also encourages other students to study hard.