Lowest Unemployment in Chhattisgarh
- 03 Dec 2022
- 5 min read
Why In News?
According to the report released by the Center for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE) regarding the unemployment rate released by the Center for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), Chhattisgarh is at the top with 0.1% among the states with the lowest unemployment rate in the month of November.
- According to the latest data released by the CMIE on December 1, the unemployment rate in Chhattisgarh has been recorded at 0.1 percent in November, while in The month of November, this figure of unemployment rate in the country has been 8.2 percent.
- Chhattisgarh continues to be the state with the lowest unemployment rate in the country with an unemployment rate of 0.1 percent.
- According to the CMIE data released in May-August 2018, the unemployment rate in Chhattisgarh was 3.22 percent. There has been a significant decline in this from the schemes of the state government. The unemployment rate in Chhattisgarh has come down to 0.1 percent in the month of December 2022.
- The latest data released by the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE) has proved that 99.90 the people of Chhattisgarh state are getting livelihood by joining some employment or the other.
- In November, the unemployment rate in urban areas of the country was 9.0 percent and in rural areas was 7.8 percent.
- The reason behind this achievement of Chhattisgarh state in terms of minimum unemployment rate has been the schemes and policies formulated under the leadership of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel to create new employment opportunities. In the last four and a half years, there have been many such innovations in Chhattisgarh, which have given work to every hand from city to village.
- According to the report released by CMIE, Chhattisgarh tops the list with 0.1 percentamong states with the lowest unemployment rate in November 2022. At the same time, Uttarakhand is in second place with 1.2 percent in the same period. Odisha is third with an unemployment rate of 1.6 percent. In Madhya Pradesh, this figure is 6.2 percent and in Gujarat it is 2.5 percent.
- On the other hand, Haryana tops the list with the highest unemployment rate in November 2022 with an unemployment rate of 30.6 percent. The unemployment rate in Jammu and Kashmir was recorded at 23.9 percent.
- In Chhattisgarh, under the leadership of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, the state government started working with the goal of inclusive development. Innovations were made in the direction of economic strengthening of villages with Mahatma Gandhi's concept of Gram Swarajya. In this, the 'Narva-Garwa-Ghurwa-Badi' program played an important role under the 'Suraji Gaon Yojana', on the other hand, with the 'Godhan Nyay Yojana', Gauthan's were developed as Rural Industrial Parks, from selling cow dung to The villagers got employment by making the products. New employment opportunities were created.
- Procurement of 7 to 65 types of minor forest produce at support price and processing and value addition of these minor forest produce was done. This also provided employment to people in Vananchal. Similarly, C-Mart has been started for the sale of products manufactured by self-help groups.
- 'Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojana' made efforts towards the economic prosperity of the farmers, while the interest of the farmers encouraged by this scheme increased towards agriculture. The area under cultivation and production increased in the state.
- Under the 'Rajiv Gandhi Rural Agricultural Landless Laboure's Scheme', people associated with the 'Pauni-Pasari' system received financial assistance. A new industrial policy was implemented in the state, in which provisions of subsidy were made in many classes and different sectors. This accelerated entrepreneurship development.