Why In News?
On December 2, 2022, Sanjay Srivastava, Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, Jharkhand, released the Forest Soil Health Card of Jharkhand at the Forest Productivity Institute at Lalgutwa, Ranchi.
- On this occasion, Principal Chief Conservator of Forests Sanjay Srivastava said that Jharkhand is the first state in the country where Forest Soil Health Card has been released.
- Director of Forest Productivity Institute, Ranchi Nitin Kulkarni said that after the approval of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, the work of Forest Soil Health Card was started by the Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education, Dehradun.
- The Forest Productivity Institute of Ranchi was tasked with preparing forest soil health cards for Jharkhand, Bihar and West Bengal. Despite Corona, this work was completed in the stipulated time frame.
- National Project Coordinator of Dehradun's Forest Research Center Dr. Vijender Pal Pawar said that soil samples from many places have been tested. After that they were analyzed.
- The main objective of making Forest Soil Health Card is to diagnose the problems related to soil fertility. Villagers living on the banks of forests will get its benefit.
- On this occasion Dr. Shambhunath Mishra, Principal Investigator, Institute of Forest Productivity, said that with the help of GIS and remote sensing, soil samples were collected from 1311 locations in 31 regional forest divisions of Jharkhand. After this, 16670 soils were analyzed in the institute's laboratory.
Switch to Hindi