Why In News?
- In a review meeting of Ragi Mission and Poshan Laddu Yojana conducted by Gumla District Administration of Jharkhand in the district on November 30, 2022, DC Sushant Gaurav informed that ragi was cultivated in 3500 hectares of land in Gumla district this year, in which Gumla has secured the top position in the state by producing 4500 metric tonnes of ragi.
- DC Sushant Gaurav said that Gumla district has produced 4500 metric tonnes of ragi, out of which 200 metric tonnes of ragi produced has been collected at the cluster level.
- He directed to organize Kisan Mela in the state in a grand manner so that people from far off places can come and buy Ragi and things made from it. If any institution, organization or company wants to join the district administration to purchase or market ragi in the fair, they will be welcomed.
- He directed a team from the district to prepare to go to universities or institutes of other states to understand and learn the food items made from ragi, scientific approach related to ragi etc. so that the training taken by them can do better work in Gumla district.
- Sushant Gaurav directed the District Social Welfare Officer to give a list of children studying in all Anganwadi centers of the district and prepare ragi flour for the children of the centers and send it. Ragi flour will be given regularly by mixing it in children's food, which will save children from malnutrition.
- Ragi is the best way to eliminate malnutrition in the district and it is also a source of economic income.
Switch to Hindi