Why In News?
On December 1, 2022, Gorakhpur Industrial Development Authority (GIDA) CEO Pawan Agarwal said that GIDA has got a target of investing Rs 40,000 crore in the proposed Global Investors Summit (GIS) in February 2023.
- It is worth mentioning that in the foundation day celebrations of GIDA on November 30, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has strengthened the door of development among entrepreneurs by gifting investment and development projects worth crores of rupees that create employment.
- In addition to speeding up investment projects worth Rs 504 crore, the Chief Minister also distributed allotment letters of land of more than 2.42 lakh square meters for future investment projects of Rs 1200 crore.
- In these projects, investments of Rs 1071 crore are proposed by M/s Varun Beverages, franchisee of globally reputed company PepsiCo, and Rs 40 crore by Central Warehousing.
- By laying the foundation stone of a multi-purpose plastic park and a flatted factory of readymade garments in GIDA, the Chief Minister has opened the way for setting up about 172 industrial units. The plastic park, which is being built at a cost of about Rs 70 crore, will have 92 units and 80 units in the flattened factory complex costing about Rs 34 crore.
- Along with attracting investors from the country and the world for the Global Investors Summit, the focus of the government is also on encouraging the investors of the state. The Chief Minister himself is constantly calling upon the local entrepreneurs of Purvanchal, including Gorakhpur, to participate in GIS-2023 and come forward to invest more.
- Regarding investment and large-scale employment generation through it, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has given clear instructions to the officials that the problems of entrepreneurs should be resolved by meeting every month at the district level and every three months at the mandal level. In the same sequence, GIDA has also got the target of maximum investment in GIS 2023 from entrepreneurs.
Why In News?
Recently, Kriti Raj Singh of Patna district of Bihar has brought laurels to Bihar and the country by winning six gold medals in the Sub-Junior Commonwealth Power Lifting Competition held in New Zealand.
- Kriti won the Under 18 57 kg. Won the victory in three events of the weight category. Kriti won one gold each in Row Band Press and Equate Bench Press and 95 kg in Hole Power Lifting. Captured four gold medals by lifting weights.
- Earlier in July, Kriti had won three bronze medals in the National Sub-Junior Power Lifting Competition held in Hyderabad.
- Kriti Raj Singh, a resident of Bada Hasanpur village in Khusrupur block of Patna district, is a first-year physical education student from Rani Laxmibai Physical Education College in Guwahati. His father Lalan Singh Yadav is an ordinary farmer.
- Kriti Raj said that she started taking interest in sports since school time. It sought help from many big leaders to move forward but there was only assurance everywhere. IPS Pankaj Raj helped him with Rs 1 lakh.
Why In News?
On December 1, 2022, Rajasthan Industries Minister Shakuntala Rawat launched the 'Chief Minister's Small Commercial Vehicle Self-Employment Scheme' at the BIP Board Room at Udyog Bhawan .
- On this occasion, the Industries Minister said that this scheme has been launched on the ground to provide more and more self-employment opportunities for the youth. He informed that under the scheme, 3300 persons across the state will be given benefits on 'first come-first serve' basis.
- Under the scheme, a maximum of 10 percent of the on-road price of the vehicle or 60 thousand (whichever is less) will be given from the state government and equivalent / more grant will be given by the concerned vehicle manufacturer on the purchase of small commercial vehicles up to Rs 15 lakh.
- The Industries Minister said that under the scheme, any Rajasthan resident between the age of 18 years to 45 years can apply through his SSO ID or through mlvsy.rajasthan.gov.in.
- The submitted application will be sent to the concerned company after scrutiny by the District Industry and Commerce Center. The documents will be uploaded by the company and sent again to the district industry and commerce centers for testing. The grant will be sanctioned after testing there.
- He informed that three automobile companies - Tata Motors, Ashoka Leyland and Mahindra & Mahindra - have been made eligible for the scheme. This scheme will be applicable on 30 variants of Tata, 22 of Ashoka Leyland and 17 variants of Mahindra Rise.
Why In News?
Recently, Muskan Sheikh of Shivpuri district of Madhya Pradesh has brought glory to Madhya Pradesh and the country by winning four gold medals in the Sub-Junior Commonwealth Power Lifting Competition held in New Zealand.
- Muskan lifted 105 kg in ascot lifting, 57.5 kg in bench press and 120 kg in dead lifting and after topping all three categories, she also got gold medal for total weight count.
- 18-year-old Muskaan Sheikh, a resident of Majhera, a small village in Shivpuri district, has been preparing for powerlifting since 2016. Earlier, Muskaan had tried her luck in hand ball but after facing a problem with the preparations in the village, she got inclined towards weight lifting.
- Muskan participated in the stage handball competition for the first time in 2016. After this, she has played nationals in the year 2017-18-19. Her father Dara Mohammad runs a poultry farm business.
Why In News?
On December 1, 2022, Manu Bhaker of Haryana won all the three gold medals at stake in the 25 meter pistol while performing brilliantly in the 65th National Shooting Championship being played in Bhopal. Manu won gold in the senior and junior categories of 25m pistol. Earlier, he had also won gold in the team event of senior and junior competition.
- The 20-year-old shooter from Haryana, Manu Bhaker, defeated CRPF's Pushpanjali Rana 33-27 in the final of the women's section, while in the junior section she defeated her own state's Vibhuti Bhatia 32-24. Vibhuti won bronze in the women's section and Meghna Sadula of Telangana in the junior section.
- The 65th National Pistol Shooting Championship is being held from November 20 to December 10, 2022 at the Madhya Pradesh State Shooting Academy at Bishankhedi in Bhopal.
- More than 5,000 players are participating in this National Shooting Championship.
Why In News?
The Arjuna Award was presented to 25 sportspersons of the country by President Draupadi Murmu at the National Sports Awards-2022 ceremony held at Rashtrapati Bhavan on November 30, 2022. These include five players from Haryana.
- The five sportspersons from Haryana who have been awarded the Arjuna Award include boxer Amit Panghal, Athlete Seema Poonia, wrestlers Anshu Malik and Sarita Mor and badminton para-player Tarun Dhillon.
- Instead of Amit Panghal, his mother received the award from President Draupadi Murmu.
- The Arjuna Award is the oldest national sports award in India. It started in 1961. The award, dedicated to sports personalities for their excellence in sports, is the second most prestigious award after the Khel Ratna. This award is given for outstanding performance, leadership quality, sportsmanship and discipline.
- The Arjuna Award carries a cash prize of Rs 15 lakh, a bronze statuette and a citation.
Why In News?
On December 1, 2022, on the proposal of the Sports and Youth Welfare Department of Chhattisgarh, the Sports Authority of India has approved the establishment of 7 Khelo India Centers under the Khelo India Scheme in Chhattisgarh. These seven centers will be opened for one sport each in different districts.
- Khelo India Center has been approved by the Sports Authority of India for Weightlifting, Football, Kho-Kho, Kabaddi and Badminton. Sports Authority of India will also provide financial assistance for the establishment of these centres.
- With the addition of these seven centres, the total number of centers under the Khelo India scheme in Chhattisgarh has now increased to 14.
- On getting the approval of seven Khelo India centers in Chhattisgarh, the Chief Minister said that the players of Chhattisgarh will get a good chance to enhance their sporting talent. He said that this has proved to be another meaningful step in realizing the vision of 'Khelbo Jeetbo Garhbo Nava Chhattisgarh'.
- It is noteworthy that on the instructions of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, the Sports Directorate had sent a proposal to the Sports Authority of India to start Khelo India Center for various sports, out of which Weightlifting Center in Balod, Football Center in Baloda Bazar, Kabaddi Center in Patan Durg, Kanker Approval to start Kho-Kho Centre, Weightlifting Center in Raipur, Badminton Center in Raigarh and Football Center in Sukma has been obtained from the Sports Authority of India.
- Prior to this, the approval to start the Archery Center in Shivtarai Bilaspur, Archery Center in Bijapur, Hockey Center in Rajnandgaon, Hockey Center in Jashpur, Volleyball Center in Gariaband, Malkhamb Center in Narayanpur and Khelo India Center in Ambikapur Surguja from the Sports Authority of India. has been received.
- While starting all these Khelo India Centers, Chhattisgarh sports directorate will continuously monitor these centers. Local senior players of each sport will be attached to the centre, they will also be given honorarium to work as coaches.
- Equal representation of boys and girls players will also be ensured in all Khelo India Centers. These centres will be registered in the Sports Authority of India portal.
Why In News?
On December 1, 2022, Chhattisgarh Assembly Speaker Dr. Charan Das Mahant and Agriculture Minister Ravindra Choubey flagged off the Insurance Chariot from the residence of the Agriculture Minister.
- This chariot will tour various districts of the state till December 15 and make farmers aware about Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana and Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme.
- It is noteworthy that the fourth crop insurance week is being celebrated between December 1 and 7 under the Amrit Mahotsav of Independence in the Rabi season year 2022. Under this week, farmers will be informed about the benefits of crop insurance, as well as the process of taking crop insurance and the stories of beneficiary farmers, so that no farmer is deprived of the benefit of crop insurance and more and more farmers can be benefited.
- The last date to avail benefits from both insurance schemes is December 15, 2022. Through this insurance chariot, farmers will be appealed to take advantage of the crop insurance scheme by the due date.
Why In News?
On November 30, 2022, President Draupadi Murmu honored mountaineer Naina Singh Dhakad of Chhattisgarh with the 'Land Adventure Award' under the Tenzing Norgay National Award at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- It is notable that the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India had selected Bastar's mountaineer Naina Singh Dhakad for the Tenzing Norgay National Land Adventure Award. Naina Singh Dhakad has become the first woman from Chhattisgarh to receive this national award.
- The Tenzing Norgay National Award is given in four categories - Land Adventure, Water Adventure, Air Adventure and Life Time Achievement. Under this award, a certificate is given along with Rs 15 lakh and a memento in each category.
- The Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Awards are given annually to recognize the achievements of individuals in the field of adventure. The award encourages people to develop the spirit of endurance, risk taking, co-operative teamwork and quick reflexes.
- Significantly, Naina Singh Dhakad hoisted the tricolor by climbing the world's highest peak Mount Everest and the fourth highest peak Mount Lhotse within 10 days. Naina Dhakad is the first woman mountaineer from India to achieve this feat.
Switch to Hindi