Sports Authority of India Approves 7 Khelo India Centers in Chhattisgarh
- 02 Dec 2022
- 3 min read
Why In News?
On December 1, 2022, on the proposal of the Sports and Youth Welfare Department of Chhattisgarh, the Sports Authority of India has approved the establishment of 7 Khelo India Centers under the Khelo India Scheme in Chhattisgarh. These seven centers will be opened for one sport each in different districts.
- Khelo India Center has been approved by the Sports Authority of India for Weightlifting, Football, Kho-Kho, Kabaddi and Badminton. Sports Authority of India will also provide financial assistance for the establishment of these centres.
- With the addition of these seven centres, the total number of centers under the Khelo India scheme in Chhattisgarh has now increased to 14.
- On getting the approval of seven Khelo India centers in Chhattisgarh, the Chief Minister said that the players of Chhattisgarh will get a good chance to enhance their sporting talent. He said that this has proved to be another meaningful step in realizing the vision of 'Khelbo Jeetbo Garhbo Nava Chhattisgarh'.
- It is noteworthy that on the instructions of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, the Sports Directorate had sent a proposal to the Sports Authority of India to start Khelo India Center for various sports, out of which Weightlifting Center in Balod, Football Center in Baloda Bazar, Kabaddi Center in Patan Durg, Kanker Approval to start Kho-Kho Centre, Weightlifting Center in Raipur, Badminton Center in Raigarh and Football Center in Sukma has been obtained from the Sports Authority of India.
- Prior to this, the approval to start the Archery Center in Shivtarai Bilaspur, Archery Center in Bijapur, Hockey Center in Rajnandgaon, Hockey Center in Jashpur, Volleyball Center in Gariaband, Malkhamb Center in Narayanpur and Khelo India Center in Ambikapur Surguja from the Sports Authority of India. has been received.
- While starting all these Khelo India Centers, Chhattisgarh sports directorate will continuously monitor these centers. Local senior players of each sport will be attached to the centre, they will also be given honorarium to work as coaches.
- Equal representation of boys and girls players will also be ensured in all Khelo India Centers. These centres will be registered in the Sports Authority of India portal.