Why In News?
On December 1, 2022, Rajasthan Industries Minister Shakuntala Rawat launched the 'Chief Minister's Small Commercial Vehicle Self-Employment Scheme' at the BIP Board Room at Udyog Bhawan .
- On this occasion, the Industries Minister said that this scheme has been launched on the ground to provide more and more self-employment opportunities for the youth. He informed that under the scheme, 3300 persons across the state will be given benefits on 'first come-first serve' basis.
- Under the scheme, a maximum of 10 percent of the on-road price of the vehicle or 60 thousand (whichever is less) will be given from the state government and equivalent / more grant will be given by the concerned vehicle manufacturer on the purchase of small commercial vehicles up to Rs 15 lakh.
- The Industries Minister said that under the scheme, any Rajasthan resident between the age of 18 years to 45 years can apply through his SSO ID or through mlvsy.rajasthan.gov.in.
- The submitted application will be sent to the concerned company after scrutiny by the District Industry and Commerce Center. The documents will be uploaded by the company and sent again to the district industry and commerce centers for testing. The grant will be sanctioned after testing there.
- He informed that three automobile companies - Tata Motors, Ashoka Leyland and Mahindra & Mahindra - have been made eligible for the scheme. This scheme will be applicable on 30 variants of Tata, 22 of Ashoka Leyland and 17 variants of Mahindra Rise.
Switch to Hindi