Why In News?
On December 1, 2022, on the proposal of the Sports and Youth Welfare Department of Chhattisgarh, the Sports Authority of India has approved the establishment of 7 Khelo India Centers under the Khelo India Scheme in Chhattisgarh. These seven centers will be opened for one sport each in different districts.
- Khelo India Center has been approved by the Sports Authority of India for Weightlifting, Football, Kho-Kho, Kabaddi and Badminton. Sports Authority of India will also provide financial assistance for the establishment of these centres.
- With the addition of these seven centres, the total number of centers under the Khelo India scheme in Chhattisgarh has now increased to 14.
- On getting the approval of seven Khelo India centers in Chhattisgarh, the Chief Minister said that the players of Chhattisgarh will get a good chance to enhance their sporting talent. He said that this has proved to be another meaningful step in realizing the vision of 'Khelbo Jeetbo Garhbo Nava Chhattisgarh'.
- It is noteworthy that on the instructions of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, the Sports Directorate had sent a proposal to the Sports Authority of India to start Khelo India Center for various sports, out of which Weightlifting Center in Balod, Football Center in Baloda Bazar, Kabaddi Center in Patan Durg, Kanker Approval to start Kho-Kho Centre, Weightlifting Center in Raipur, Badminton Center in Raigarh and Football Center in Sukma has been obtained from the Sports Authority of India.
- Prior to this, the approval to start the Archery Center in Shivtarai Bilaspur, Archery Center in Bijapur, Hockey Center in Rajnandgaon, Hockey Center in Jashpur, Volleyball Center in Gariaband, Malkhamb Center in Narayanpur and Khelo India Center in Ambikapur Surguja from the Sports Authority of India. has been received.
- While starting all these Khelo India Centers, Chhattisgarh sports directorate will continuously monitor these centers. Local senior players of each sport will be attached to the centre, they will also be given honorarium to work as coaches.
- Equal representation of boys and girls players will also be ensured in all Khelo India Centers. These centres will be registered in the Sports Authority of India portal.
Why In News?
On December 1, 2022, Chhattisgarh Assembly Speaker Dr. Charan Das Mahant and Agriculture Minister Ravindra Choubey flagged off the Insurance Chariot from the residence of the Agriculture Minister.
- This chariot will tour various districts of the state till December 15 and make farmers aware about Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana and Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme.
- It is noteworthy that the fourth crop insurance week is being celebrated between December 1 and 7 under the Amrit Mahotsav of Independence in the Rabi season year 2022. Under this week, farmers will be informed about the benefits of crop insurance, as well as the process of taking crop insurance and the stories of beneficiary farmers, so that no farmer is deprived of the benefit of crop insurance and more and more farmers can be benefited.
- The last date to avail benefits from both insurance schemes is December 15, 2022. Through this insurance chariot, farmers will be appealed to take advantage of the crop insurance scheme by the due date.
Why In News?
On November 30, 2022, President Draupadi Murmu honored mountaineer Naina Singh Dhakad of Chhattisgarh with the 'Land Adventure Award' under the Tenzing Norgay National Award at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- It is notable that the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India had selected Bastar's mountaineer Naina Singh Dhakad for the Tenzing Norgay National Land Adventure Award. Naina Singh Dhakad has become the first woman from Chhattisgarh to receive this national award.
- The Tenzing Norgay National Award is given in four categories - Land Adventure, Water Adventure, Air Adventure and Life Time Achievement. Under this award, a certificate is given along with Rs 15 lakh and a memento in each category.
- The Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Awards are given annually to recognize the achievements of individuals in the field of adventure. The award encourages people to develop the spirit of endurance, risk taking, co-operative teamwork and quick reflexes.
- Significantly, Naina Singh Dhakad hoisted the tricolor by climbing the world's highest peak Mount Everest and the fourth highest peak Mount Lhotse within 10 days. Naina Dhakad is the first woman mountaineer from India to achieve this feat.
Switch to Hindi