Important Facts For Prelims
- 11 Dec 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
Over one lakh people have received pensions directly in their bank accounts through the SAMPANN (System for Accounting and Management of Pension) project.
- It was launched in 2018. It is a seamless online pension processing and payment system for Department of Telecommunications pensioners.
- It provides direct credit of pension into the bank accounts of pensioners.
- It is an ambitious project being implemented by the Ministry of Communications.
- It has helped the Department in faster settlement of pension cases, improved reconciliation/auditing and ease of accounting.
- It has also been instrumental in settling close to 76000 BSNL Voluntary Retirement Scheme 2019 cases in a short span of 6 months.
- It is a system with a flexible design which enables it to accommodate ever expanding requirements.
- It provides e-Pension payment orders which make the payment process easier and hassle-free.
- Timely settlement of pension cases.
- Every pensioner gets access to key information like payment history along with a login option.
- Login for each pensioner enables access to key information like payment history.
- Online submission of grievances and timely SMS alerts.