National Career Service Project
- 30 May 2020
- 3 min read
Why in News
The Ministry of Labour and Employment has started offering free online career skills training through its National Career Service (NCS) project for job-seekers registered with it.
- The training will assist the learners in enhancing personality development with modules on corporate etiquette, improving interpersonal skills, making impactful presentations including other necessary soft skills demanded by the industry today.
- The training module is available in Hindi and English on the NCS portal.
- The course has been launched in partnership with TCS iON ( a unit of Tata Consultancy Services).
- It is a Five Year Mission Mode Project launched by the Prime Minister on 20th July, 2015.
- It is within the umbrella of the e-governance plan.
- It is a one-stop solution that provides a wide array of employment and career related services to the citizens of India.
- Implemented By: Directorate General of Employment, Ministry of Labour & Employment.
- Three Pillars: The NCS project reaches out to the people of this country through its three essential pillars i.e.
- a well designed ICT based portal which is NCS portal,
- Country wide set up of Model Career Centers and
- Interlinkage with all the states through employment exchanges.
- Services Provided:
- The digital centralized portal provides a wide range of career related services including job search, job matching, rich career content, career counselling, information on Job Fairs, services of local service providers like drivers, plumbers, etc. for households and various other services.
- This portal also facilitates registration of Job Seekers, Employers, Skill Providers, Career Counsellors, Local Service Providers (LSP’s), Career Centers, Placement Organisations, Households (for availing the services of the LSP’s) and Government Department.
- Registration on the Portal:
- NCS does not charge any fees for registration on the portal and its services.
- About 1 crore job seekers and 54,000 employers are registered on the portal.