- 20 Mar 2020
- 2 min read
India-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) was established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000.
- It is an autonomous bilateral organization jointly funded by both the Governments that promote Science, Technology, Engineering, and Innovation through substantive interaction among government, academia, and industry.
- IUSSTF’s vision is to ensure excellence in Science, Technology and Innovation space through collaborative initiatives between India and the United States of America.
- Its mission is to act as a catalyst to promote long-term scientific collaborations between India and the U.S. through partnerships amongst individual scientists, scientific institutions and the scientific community at large.
- The Department of Science & Technology (DST), Governments of India, and the U.S. Department of State are respective nodal departments for this program.
Other India-US Engagement on Education
- The Fulbright program- It offers international educational and cultural exchange programs.
- The Higher Education Dialogue- It laid out the road map for promoting strategic institutional partnerships, deepening collaboration in research and development, fostering partnerships in vocational education and focusing on junior faculty development.
- Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN)- It is launched by India, under this upto 1000 American academics will be invited and hosted each year to teach in Indian universities at their convenience.
- The two sides are also collaborating to establish a new Indian Institute of Technology in Ahmedabad.
- India is also learning from the U.S. experience in community colleges in order to meet our demands for skill-development and has agreed to collaborate with U.S. institutions in the area of Technology Enabled Learning and Massive Open On-line Courses (MOOCs) to extend the reach of education in India.