Important Facts For Prelims
Indo-French Joint Exercise Shakti-2019
- 29 Oct 2019
- 2 min read
'Exercise SHAKTI' is a biennial exercise which is conducted alternately in India and France.The 2019 edition will be conducted from 31 October 2019 to 13 November 2019 in Rajasthan, India.
- The exercise will focus on counter terrorism operations in backdrop of semi-desert terrain. The training will focus primarily on high degree of physical fitness, sharing of drill at tactical level and learning of best practices from each other.
- The exercise aims at enhancing understanding, cooperation and interoperability between the two Armies.
- Defence Exercises between India and France:
- Varuna – Naval exercise
- Garuda – Air exercise
- Shakti – Army exercise
- Gagan Shakti is conducted by the Indian Air Force to showcase its air dominance over the entire extended area of the Indian Ocean Region. It includes all terrain operations – desert, high altitude, maritime scenarios and special operations – in real time with specific focus on key areas like aerial combat, air to surface combat, paratrooper assault and medical evacuation.
- Garuda Shakti is the joint military exercise between India and Indonesia.
- Mitra Shakti is the joint military exercise between India and Sri Lanka.