- 13 Sep 2019
- 2 min read
Indian Army and Royal Thailand Army (RTA) will conduct their joint Military Exercise MAITREE-2019 at Meghalaya from Sept 16-29, 2019.
- Exercise MAITREE is an annual training event that is conducted in India and Thailand alternatively, since 2006.
- In the backdrop of changing facets of global terrorism, this exercise is a significant exercise for both the nations as they face the security challenges from terrorism.
- The Southern regions of Thailand (eg. Satun city, Patthalung province, Bangkok, etc) that are mostly visited by foreigners are prone to terrorist attacks.
- The scope of this exercise covers company level joint training on insurgency & counter-terrorism operations in jungles and urban scenarios.
- The joint military exercise between the Indian Army (IA) and the Royal Thailand Army (RTA) will give a boost to the defence cooperation and bilateral relations between the two nations.
- The Royal Thailand Navy and the Indian Navy have been participating in Coordinated Patrols (CORPATs) in the Indian Ocean region since 2005.
|Joint Military Exercises of India with Other Countries|
|Name of Exercise||Country|
|Mitra Shakti||Sri Lanka|