Important Facts For Prelims
Switch To Hindi
Challenge Covid-19 Competition (C3)
- 18 May 2020
- 1 min read
Why in News
The National Innovation Foundation – India (NIF) has identified several Science and Tech based innovative solutions through the Challenge Covid-19 Competition (C3) to tackle Covid-19 pandemic.
- The campaign ran from 31st March to 10th May 2020.
- Challenge Covid-19 Competition (C3) was intented for engaging innovative citizens to come up with ideas and innovations to manage pandemic and its consequences.
- Under the campaign, NIF provided incubation and mentoring support for further dissemination to the generator of the ideas. It also supported the value addition in the innovations.
- A foot-operated device for hand sanitization and an innovative sprayer for sanitization are the two recently supported innovations under the campaign.
National Innovation Foundation
- The National Innovation Foundation (NIF) - India was set up in 2000 with the assistance of the Department of Science and Technology.
- It is India's national initiative to strengthen the grassroots technological innovations and outstanding traditional knowledge.
- Its mission is to help India become a creative and knowledge-based society by expanding policy and institutional space for grassroots technological innovators.