Important Facts For Prelims
Switch To Hindi
Campaign Angikaar and E-Course
- 30 Aug 2019
- 2 min read
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has launched two initiatives: Angikaar, a campaign for behavioural change and an e-Course on ‘Vulnerability Atlas of India’.
- It has been launched for social behaviour change, focusing on issues such as water & energy conservation, waste management, health, tree plantation, sanitation and hygiene for beneficiaries of completed houses under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana - PMAY (U).
- The campaign will converge with schemes and missions of other Ministries dealing with the stated subjects.
- The convergence would especially focus on Ujjwala for gas connection and Ayushman Bharat for health insurance to the beneficiaries of PMAY (U).
- The campaign will be initiated in all target cities on 2nd October 2019 commemorating 150th Gandhi Jayanti and culminate on the occasion of Human Rights Day, 10th December, 2019.
E-course on Vulnerability Atlas
- It is a unique course that offers awareness and understanding about natural hazards, helps identify regions with high vulnerability with respect to various hazards and specifies district-wise level of damage risks to the existing housing stock.
- The e-course will be a tool for effective & efficient disaster mitigation & management in the field of Architecture, Civil Engineering, Urban & Regional Planning, Housing & Infrastructure Planning, Construction Engineering & Management and Building & Materials Research.