Uttar Pradesh Switch to Hindi
Digi Yatra will Start Soon at Varanasi Airport
Why In News?
- On November 29, 2022, Varanasi Airport Director Aryama Sanyal of Uttar Pradesh said that the service of Digi Yatra will be available at Varanasi's Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport from December 1. Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia will virtually inaugurate it from Delhi.
- The airport director said that under Digi Yatra, passengers will have their face as boarding pass. This will get rid of all the papers to the passengers and save their time.
- First, entry will be given under this Digi Yatra on domestic flights, after which Digi Yatra will be started for international flights. This will save 50 percent of the time taken during the boarding pass.
- He said that passengers at the airport can also register for Digi Yatra from mobile. The Digi Yatra QR code installed at the airport will be scanned from the mobile. After this, Aadhaar card, PAN card, mobile number will be required for registration. For Digi Yatra, passengers can also register at home by downloading the Digi Yatra app from the Play Store. This will save passengers time and give them easy entry into the terminal building.
- Apart from this, the basic data of the passenger will be stored in the machine installed at the airport during Digi travel. After this, whenever he has to travel, he will not need any kind of papers. Passengers will be able to enter the Digi travel machine at the airport by scanning their face and ticket. On December 1, a special reward will be given to the passenger who gets entry through Digi Yatra. Apart from this, gifts will also be given to other passengers.
- Aryama Sanyal said that Digi travel facility will be available only at gate number two of the airport. There will be a separate counter for luggage for Digi passengers. The luggage of these passengers will be delivered to the aircraft from the respective counter.
- Initially, IndiGo Airlines will provide this service. On the first day, air passengers of Delhi will get the facility. After this, Air India and Vistara will serve. At present, only passengers traveling by IndiGo at Varanasi airport are getting the facility of Digi Travel.
- It is noteworthy that Digi Yatra is starting from December 1 at Varanasi Airport. Earlier, Digi yatra was being tested. Since the trial for Digi Yatra started at the airport in January, 5526 passengers have travelled under Digi Yatra. At the same time, 877 passengers have downloaded the app and registered.
- Along with Varanasi, Digi Yatra will also be launched at Delhi and Bengaluru airports. However, Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport (Babatpur Airport) will be the first airport in the country where services operate under the Airport Authority.
Bihar Switch to Hindi
Bihar Cabinet Approves 31 Major Decisions
Why In News?
- On November 29, 2022, 31 important agendas were stamped in the cabinet meeting chaired by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in Patna.
- Some of the important decisions taken in the cabinet meeting are as follows:
- The Cabinet has approved the formation of Bihar Archaeological and Museum Service Amendment. Apart from this, approval has been given to publish amendments in Bihar Excise Rules 2001.
- In this meeting, Sevika Selection Guide 2022 under integrated child development services scheme has been approved. Apart from this, now the Sevika selection process will be done online, while the minimum matriculation qualification has been fixed for inter and Sahayika for Sevika.
- The death anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel will be celebrated as a state function on December 15 every year.
- A plan has been made to provide financial assistance to the poor families associated with liquor and toddy production, for which a total of Rs 610 crore has been approved.
- It has also been approved to implement the draft List Guide 2022 of central scheme for assistance to civil persons suffering from terrorism, communal, Naxal violence, cross-border firing and landmine blast in Bihar.
- Financial approval has been given to Sanjeevan Rice Mills Private Limited under the Industries Department.
Rajasthan Switch to Hindi
'Mukhya Mantri Bal Gopal Yojana' and 'Free Uniform Distribution Scheme'
Why In News?
- On November 29, 2022, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot launched 'Mukhya Mantri Bal Gopal Yojana' and 'Mukhya Mantri Free Uniform Distribution Scheme' from the Chief Minister's residence in Jaipur.
- On this occasion, Ashok Gehlot unveiled the logo of Mukhya Mantri Bal Gopal Yojana and Free Uniform Distribution Scheme and also released the poster of the third phase of the state's growing steps in education, mobile app, efficiency-based digital report card and commencement of admission process of Bal Vatika in Mahatma Gandhi Government Schools.
- Under the Mukhya Mantri Bal Gopal Yojana, milk prepared from powder milk will be made available to children of classes 1 to 8 studying in government primary, upper primary schools, madrasas and special training centers benefiting from the mid-day meal program in the state on Tuesday and Friday. The distribution of milk will take place after the prayer meeting. Teachers, parents or school management committee members will taste the milk themselves and ensure its quality. Rs 476.44 crore will be borne by the state government on the scheme.
- Under the Chief Minister's Free Uniform Distribution Scheme, students of classes 1 to 8 in government schools will get cloth for 2 sets of dress. Rs 200 per student will be transferred directly to the bank account for stitching. About 67.58 lakh students are studying in government schools from class 1 to 8. The scheme will cost Rs 500.10 crore.
Haryana Switch to Hindi
President Inaugurates Gita Shilp Kala Udyan
Why In News?
- On November 29, 2022, President of India Draupadi Murmu inaugurated the Gita Murti Shilp Udyan built at Purushottam Pura Bagh in Dharmakshetra Kurukshetra, Haryana.
- In this garden, efforts have been made to show the 75th Amrit Mahotsav model of independence, Gita and many important aspects of Indian culture. 21 sculptures have been prepared by 21 craftsmen from the state of Haryana as well as Odisha, Telangana, Rajasthan and Assam after working tirelessly day and night.
- These statues, weighing five to 12 tons made of black marble, have been prepared by the artists by carving pieces of the same rock. All the idols have been prepared with subjects related to Mahabharata. They also depict the Amrit Mahotsav of Independence and the Gita.
- This incomparable work has given a special recognition internationally to the fading modern sculpture in the state as well as the young artists of the state. This modern wonderful art, which has lived for centuries, is working to increase the pride and honor of the state.
- In Geeta Shilp Kala Udyan, 21 craftsmen from 4 states have prepared sculptures, including Art and Cultural Officer (Sculpture) Hriday Kaushal, Amit Kumar from Jind, Arun from Bhiwani, Arundhati Chaudhary from Assam Guwahati, Dinesh Sewal from Rohtak, Goldy from Kurukshetra, Harpal from Sirsa, Kuldeep Singh from Karnal, Mahipal from Kamla Nagar Rohtak, Madan Saini from Chang Haryana, Monu from Jind, Meenakshi, Nema Ram from Rajasthan, Narendra from Jhajjar, Prince Sharma from Kurukshetra, Rakesh Patnaik from Odisha, Rahul from Rewari, Dr. Snehlata Prasad, Sweep Raj from Sonipat, Sushank Kumar from Mehrauli Delhi, Virender Kumar from Chandigarh.
Madhya Pradesh Switch to Hindi
Tourism Minister Inaugurates Water Festival
Why In News?
- On November 28, 2022, Madhya Pradesh Tourism, Culture and Religious Trusts and Endowments Minister Usha Thakur inaugurated the 7th edition of Madhya Pradesh's annual tourism event 'Jal Mahotsav' at 'Hanuvantiya Island', a tourist destination in Khandwa district.
- The two-month-long water carnival will conclude on January 28, 2023, at Hanuvantiya, popularly known as Mini Goa in the water tourism sector.
- Principal Secretary Tourism and Culture and Managing Director Tourism Board Shiv Shekhar Shukla said that the Jal Mahotsav is getting international fame. It has gone from state to nation and nation to international standard. For the first time in the Jal Mahotsav, tourists will take the thrill of flying boats, floating wellness spas.
- Principal Secretary Shukla urged the local citizens to take tourists on a tour of the villages. Introduce local food, art, skills and farming, which will also earn the villagers and tourists will be aware of the local art and culture.
- In the water festival, many activities like wellness spa, three-day angling sport event of national, international anglers, music festival, kite festival will be organized by the famous Kareli group of Kerala to entertain tourists.
- It is noteworthy that 'Jal Mahotsav' is organized by the Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board every year with the aim of developing Hanuvantiya Island, located on the banks of Indira Sagar Dam, an ideal tourist destination.
- The 'Jal Mahotsav' provides opportunities for adventure activities for sports and nature enthusiasts to experience joy and adventure.
- Keeping in mind the adventure sports in the 'Jal Mahotsav', other encouraging activities such as hot air ballooning, cycling, cruise boating, water parasailing, para motoring, island camping, star gauging, bird watching etc. are also organized.
- On January 20, 2022, the 'Jal Festival' was internationally hailed as India's unique water and adventure carnival in Madrid, Spain. Apart from this, Jal Mahotsav has also been awarded the National Tourism Award for the most unique / unique new tourism product year 2015-16 by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India in the year 2017.
Haryana Switch to Hindi
International Gita Festival
Why In News?
- On November 29, 2022, President Draupadi Murmu inaugurated the International Gita Mahotsav at Kurukshetra in Haryana and inaugurated an all-round exhibition based on the education of Lord Krishna received at the ashram of Sandipani Rishi in Ujjain by visiting the pavilion of Madhya Pradesh, the partner state of the festival.
- In the Madhya Pradesh Pavilion set up on the banks of Brahma Sarovar in Kurukshetra, 14 Vidyas and 64 Arts of Lord Krishna have been displayed through slides.
- The model of the main entrance of Ujjain Mahakal corridor in Madhya Pradesh Pavilion has been displayed on the cultural platform.
- It is noteworthy that in the ashram of Sage Sandipani, Lord Krishna, along with his brother Balram and friend Sudama, learned 14 Vidyas and 64 arts in 64 days.
Haryana Switch to Hindi
President Draupadi Murmu Inaugurates 3 Major Projects for Haryana
Why In News?
- On November 29, 2022, President Draupadi Murmu virtually inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of three important projects of the Haryana government at the International Gita Seminar at Shrimad Bhagwad Gita Sadan, Kurukshetra University in the series of programs of the ongoing International Gita Mahotsav at Dharmakshetra Kurukshetra, Haryana.
- President of India launches 'Nirogi Haryana Yojana' for Antyodaya families. Under this scheme, comprehensive health check-up of Antyodaya families will be done free of cost. In the first phase, families with income less than Rs 1 lakh 80 thousand will be included as beneficiaries, while the remaining population will be covered in later phases.
- It is noteworthy that Chief Minister Manohar Lal, while announcing in the budget for the year 2022-23 as finance minister, had presented the vision that comprehensive health check-up of all the citizens of the state should be done free of cost at least once in two years. Giving shape to this announcement, 'Nirogi Haryana Yojana' has been made.
- According to the data of Antyodaya households released by the Department of Civil Resources Information, the total number of households is 26,64,257 and the population is 1,06,06,475. The Antyodaya Parivar will be taken as a unit for comprehensive testing of all its members and the population has been classified into 5 different age groups to make the process easier. 0-6 months under Category-1, 6-59 months in Category-2, 5-18 years in Category-3 , 18-40 years in Category-4 and above 40 years in Category-5 class has been kept.
- Asha and Anganwadi workers will visit each household of the eligible population and guide them for testing at the nearest health facility. The beneficiary will be subjected to a general physical examination. In addition, other laboratory tests will also be conducted.
- An in-house application will be developed to keep a record of data during health check-ups, which can be used to improve existing health programs.
- Keeping in view the increasing demand of doctors and with the aim of achieving the desired doctor-patient ratio, the state government has set a target to build a medical college and hospital in every district. In this episode, the President laid the foundation stone of a medical college to be built on 21 acres of land in Sirsa district. It will cost about Rs 950 crore.
- With the establishment of this college, medical education and research will also be encouraged along with better medical facilities in Sirsa and surrounding areas. 100 M.S. in this college. B.B.S. There will be an annual admission of students and a 539-bed hospital equipped with state-of-the-art technologies .
- The campus includes teaching hospital with service block, medical college with examination block, girls hostel and girls intern hostel, boys hostel and boys intern hostel, junior senior resident hostel, autopsy block, waste management facility, sports facility, nursing, paramedical and physiotherapy college, There will be facilities like nursing girls hostel etc.
- It is notable that at present there are 1835 M.B.B.S. seats, 708 M.D./M.S. seats and 155 D.N.B. There are 13 medical colleges functioning with diploma seats. Of these, 6 are state, 1 state aided and 6 private sectors. With the opening of a medical college in every district, the number of MBBS seats in the state will increase to more than 3,000.
- President Draupadi Murmu launched e-ticketing system in Haryana Roadways buses. With the launch, the President was presented with a replica of the National e-Mobility Card as the first ticket.
- Haryana has become the first state in the country to implement open loop ticketing system as per the guidelines issued by the Government of India. In the initial phase, the e-ticketing system will be implemented in 6 depots, namely, Chandigarh, Karnal, Faridabad, Sonipat, Bhiwani and Sirsa. Similarly, by the end of January 2023, this project will be fully implemented in the remaining 18 depots of Haryana Roadways.
- The main objective of this project is to close revenue leakages. Also, promote the use of open loop ticketing, which can later be used for other modes of travel across India.
- Apart from this, identification of exempted, elimination of fake passes, paper savings for concessional passengers, providing better travel experience for passengers through use of common mobility cards, route rationing according to the number of passengers and increasing the number of passengers travelling by buses, public transport.
Jharkhand Switch to Hindi
Facility Common Center
Why In News?
- On November 29, 2022, Jharkhand Education Minister Jagarnath Mahto said that under the SFURTI Scheme of the Central Government, a facility common center will be set up at Bhendra in Bokaro in the state at a cost of about Rs 2 crore, for which 50 decimal land has been identified in Bhendra.
- Minister Jagarnath Mahato informed that work is going on to develop the cottage industry of Bhendra, the iron city of the state. For this, the team led by Dr. Akanksha Sinha, CEO of Atal Community Innovation Center of IIT ISM Dhanbad has prepared the project.
- It is known that Bhendra is called Sheffield of Jharkhand. Dr. Akanksha Sinha said that if Bhendra gets a trademark, it will be recognized in the national and international markets.
- He said that the team of IIT has prepared a project after surveying Bhendra village for a month, in which there is a plan to develop this industry by modernizing the traditional technology.
- It is known that weapons were made for his army from the time of Sher Shah in Bhendra and even today, Sword, Spear, Dagger, Farsa, Axe, Hasia, Hammer, Knife, Baisuli, Spade etc. are made with traditional technique. These tools are made by beating the hammer after heating the iron on coal. This work is done in about 200 houses of the village, in which about 150 artisans and 300 laborers make iron material every day without protection and they do not even get proper wages.
- For the facility common center to be built in Bhendra, skilled artisans there will be trained and taught the art of making iron materials with modern technology, which will be able to make better goods at a low cost. Apart from this, artisans and laborers will also be protected.
- The facility common centre will have water supply from the nearby Jamunia river, electricity from the nearby power sub-station, raw iron material from nearby cities and coal from CCL colliery. Trademarks will also be approved for identification of iron material manufactured by Bhendra. At present, traders take the goods made in Bhendra to Kolkata and do some work there and fix the price by marking their own on the goods.
- Jagarnath Mahato said that efforts will be made to get approval by sending the project to the central government and after the project lands on the ground, Bhendra will be famous all over the country and at the same time the artisans, laborers and traders here will be uplifted.
Chhattisgarh Switch to Hindi
Special Bulletin on Maternal Deaths
Why In News?
- The Special Bulletin on Maternal Deaths (SRS - Sample Registration System) was released in the country between the years 2018 and 2020 issued by the Office of the Registrar General of India on November 28, 2022. According to this, the MMR of the state has decreased by 22 points in three years. The maternal mortality rate in the state has come down from 159 per one lakh live births to 137 now.
- According to the SRS data released by the Office of the Registrar General of India, the MMR of the state has decreased by 22 points in three years.
- Due to the special focus on maternal and child health by the state government, the MMR of Chhattisgarh, which had 159 maternal mortality rate (MMR) between 2016 and 2018, has now come down to 137. This is the lowest ever figure of maternal mortality rate in the state.
- Under the leadership of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, SuPoshan Abhiyan is being conducted to provide better nutrition to pregnant and infant women. Health services have been continuously strengthened to provide better care of maternal health and all types of treatment to pregnant and lactating women. The health of high-risk pregnant women is being regularly checked and monitored.
- The number of institutional deliveries is also increasing continuously in the state. The facilities for caesarean delivery have also increased in government hospitals. Mitanines and ANMs are continuously monitoring maternal and child health at the community and field level. Due to all these steps of the state government, there has been a significant reduction in the maternal mortality rate in the state.
Switch to Hindi