Digi Yatra will Start Soon at Varanasi Airport
- 30 Nov 2022
- 4 min read
Why In News?
- On November 29, 2022, Varanasi Airport Director Aryama Sanyal of Uttar Pradesh said that the service of Digi Yatra will be available at Varanasi's Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport from December 1. Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia will virtually inaugurate it from Delhi.
- The airport director said that under Digi Yatra, passengers will have their face as boarding pass. This will get rid of all the papers to the passengers and save their time.
- First, entry will be given under this Digi Yatra on domestic flights, after which Digi Yatra will be started for international flights. This will save 50 percent of the time taken during the boarding pass.
- He said that passengers at the airport can also register for Digi Yatra from mobile. The Digi Yatra QR code installed at the airport will be scanned from the mobile. After this, Aadhaar card, PAN card, mobile number will be required for registration. For Digi Yatra, passengers can also register at home by downloading the Digi Yatra app from the Play Store. This will save passengers time and give them easy entry into the terminal building.
- Apart from this, the basic data of the passenger will be stored in the machine installed at the airport during Digi travel. After this, whenever he has to travel, he will not need any kind of papers. Passengers will be able to enter the Digi travel machine at the airport by scanning their face and ticket. On December 1, a special reward will be given to the passenger who gets entry through Digi Yatra. Apart from this, gifts will also be given to other passengers.
- Aryama Sanyal said that Digi travel facility will be available only at gate number two of the airport. There will be a separate counter for luggage for Digi passengers. The luggage of these passengers will be delivered to the aircraft from the respective counter.
- Initially, IndiGo Airlines will provide this service. On the first day, air passengers of Delhi will get the facility. After this, Air India and Vistara will serve. At present, only passengers traveling by IndiGo at Varanasi airport are getting the facility of Digi Travel.
- It is noteworthy that Digi Yatra is starting from December 1 at Varanasi Airport. Earlier, Digi yatra was being tested. Since the trial for Digi Yatra started at the airport in January, 5526 passengers have travelled under Digi Yatra. At the same time, 877 passengers have downloaded the app and registered.
- Along with Varanasi, Digi Yatra will also be launched at Delhi and Bengaluru airports. However, Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport (Babatpur Airport) will be the first airport in the country where services operate under the Airport Authority.