Tourism Minister Inaugurates Water Festival
- 30 Nov 2022
- 3 min read
Why In News?
- On November 28, 2022, Madhya Pradesh Tourism, Culture and Religious Trusts and Endowments Minister Usha Thakur inaugurated the 7th edition of Madhya Pradesh's annual tourism event 'Jal Mahotsav' at 'Hanuvantiya Island', a tourist destination in Khandwa district.
- The two-month-long water carnival will conclude on January 28, 2023, at Hanuvantiya, popularly known as Mini Goa in the water tourism sector.
- Principal Secretary Tourism and Culture and Managing Director Tourism Board Shiv Shekhar Shukla said that the Jal Mahotsav is getting international fame. It has gone from state to nation and nation to international standard. For the first time in the Jal Mahotsav, tourists will take the thrill of flying boats, floating wellness spas.
- Principal Secretary Shukla urged the local citizens to take tourists on a tour of the villages. Introduce local food, art, skills and farming, which will also earn the villagers and tourists will be aware of the local art and culture.
- In the water festival, many activities like wellness spa, three-day angling sport event of national, international anglers, music festival, kite festival will be organized by the famous Kareli group of Kerala to entertain tourists.
- It is noteworthy that 'Jal Mahotsav' is organized by the Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board every year with the aim of developing Hanuvantiya Island, located on the banks of Indira Sagar Dam, an ideal tourist destination.
- The 'Jal Mahotsav' provides opportunities for adventure activities for sports and nature enthusiasts to experience joy and adventure.
- Keeping in mind the adventure sports in the 'Jal Mahotsav', other encouraging activities such as hot air ballooning, cycling, cruise boating, water parasailing, para motoring, island camping, star gauging, bird watching etc. are also organized.
- On January 20, 2022, the 'Jal Festival' was internationally hailed as India's unique water and adventure carnival in Madrid, Spain. Apart from this, Jal Mahotsav has also been awarded the National Tourism Award for the most unique / unique new tourism product year 2015-16 by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India in the year 2017.