Why In News?
On September 29, 2022, the Department of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) of Uttar Pradesh issued a government order to implement the MSME Policy-2022. The policy will remain in force till September 2027.
- MSME Minister Rakesh Sachan said that the state government will bear the one-time guarantee fee charged by banks on collateral free loans (i.e. loans without collateral) of up to Rs 2 crore to entrepreneurs investing in micro, small and medium industries in the state.
- For new micro industry, 50 percent of the annual interest payable on the loan (maximum Rs 25 lakh) per unit will be given for five years.
- Entrepreneurs will be given a subsidy of 10 to 25 percent on capital investment, 60 percent on loan interest to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and women entrepreneurs.
- In Bundelkhand and Purvanchal regions, 25, 20 and 15 percent subsidy will be available respectively. Madhyaanchal and Paschimchal will have 20, 15 and 10 percent respectively. 2% additional investment incentive assistance will be provided to SC, ST and women entrepreneurs.
- The maximum limit of investment incentive will be Rs 4 crore per unit. All new food processing units with machinery and plants of Rs 5 crore and above will be provided exemption from mandi fee for five years on the purchase of raw materials as per the Mandi Act. The process of allotment of plots and sheds in industrial establishments of the department will be made online.
- The application period for eligible investment of micro units will be two years, three years for small scale industry and four years for medium industry.
- In order to provide credit to MSME units of the state from more and more sources, 20 percent (maximum Rs 5 lakh) of the expenditure on listing on the stock exchange will be reimbursed.
- Tobacco production, gutka, pan masala, alcohol, aerated beverages, carbonated products, manufacture of firecrackers, plastic carry bags (less than 40 microns), plastic bags of thickness classified by the State Government from time to time in the prohibited category and from time to time- This policy will not be applicable to investment proposals for products categorized in the Restricted Category List from time to time.
Why In News?
Recently, in a meeting chaired by Uttar Pradesh Principal Secretary Housing Nitin Ramesh Gokarn, instructions were given to prepare a fresh report to expedite the process of running metro in four more cities of the state.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has directed the Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation to prepare a pre-feasibility report to run the metro in Meerut, Bareilly, Jhansi and Prayagraj in the state. Light or neo metros will be run in these cities.
- In Banaras, there is a preparation for a ropeway instead of metro. There will be a fresh tender of ropeway here. Apart from this, a proposal has been sent to the Central Government for approval of light metro project in Gorakhpur.
- After Lucknow, Kanpur, Agra along with NCR, now preparations for the construction of metro in four more big cities of the state have intensified. For Bareilly, Jhansi, Prayagraj, the DPR was prepared on its own at the local level in the past, but now it is not useful.
- In Meerut, Bareilly, Jhansi and Prayagraj cities, the possibility of light or neo metro is being explored instead of metro. Therefore, the government has directed to prepare a fresh physicality report here. Along with this, the DPR will also be prepared. Meerut has also been included in it.
Why In News?
On September 29, 2022, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar inaugurated the Bihar Investors Meet-2022 at the Chief Minister's Secretariat. Investors meet has been organized for the first time after the formation of the Grand Alliance government in Bihar.
- Many industrialists including Deputy Chief Minister Tejashwi Yadav and Industries Minister Sameer Kumar were involved in this event being organized by the Industries Department at the Chief Minister's Secretariat.
- In this event, information was given to the industrialists about the initiatives being taken by the government to invest in industries.
- In the program, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said that all facilities will be provided to promote industries. Infrastructure in Bihar has been repaired. The policy is being made keeping everything in mind. The problems faced in setting up industries will be resolved immediately.
- Earlier, As industries minister in the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government, Shahnawaz Hussain had organized investors' meets in Hyderabad and Delhi. A few months ago, 170 companies from across the country, including 30 big companies, participated in the Bihar Investors Meet held at Hotel Taj Mansingh in Delhi. It was decided to hold similar events in other states as well.
- It is noteworthy that Bihar is fast emerging as an investment destination. Industrialists from all over the country and abroad are looking for investment opportunities here. Along with policy reforms, the Bihar government is also giving attractive incentives to the investors.
Why In News?
On September 29, 2022, Rajasthan Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Tikaram Julie inaugurated the online portal of social security schemes in the state.
- Tikaram Julie inaugurated the new form of Post Matric Scholarship Mobile Application and online portal of social security schemes like Mukhyamantri Anuprati Coaching Scheme, Palanhar Yojna and Mukhyamantri Kanyadan Yojna and presented citations to the officers who did excellent work.
- Under the chairmanship of Julie, a one-day orientation and training program for strengthening and effective implementation of Palanhar Yojana and other departmental schemes was organized at Harish Chandra Mathur Rajasthan State Institute of Public Administration, Jaipur.
- In this workshop organized in collaboration with UNICEF, the Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment said that today is the era of information technology and transparency will come through online portals and work will progress.
- He said that the main objective of this workshop is to solve the problems being faced by the district magistrates in the effective implementation of departmental schemes.
- Government Secretary Dr. Samit Sharma said that the department has a policy of zero tolerance in cases of non-attendance, corruption and indiscipline through attendance monitoring system of officers and employees.
- Along with Palanhar Scheme, Social Security Pension, Post Matric Scholarship, Hostel, Chief Minister Kanyadan Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana, Silicosis Scheme, settlement of pending audit paras, Residential School, Vidya Sambal Yojana, Court cases and contempt cases and District The pending budget announcements were reviewed at the level and necessary directions were given to the district magistrates.
Why In News?
On September 29, 2022, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched Chief Chief Minister Dairy Plus Scheme at the camp of Mukhyamantri Jan Seva Abhiyan in village Panchayat Talpura of Budhni block of Sehore district.
- It is noteworthy that the Chief Minister Dairy Plus Yojana has been launched to increase the income of the farmers of the state through dairy business and to enable them to earn maximum income by doing animal husbandry. As a pilot project, the scheme has been started in three districts of the state – Sehore, Vidisha and Raisen.
- Two Murrah buffaloes are being provided to the cattle owners already doing animal husbandry work under the Chief Minister Dairy Plus Yojna. Their milk production capacity is 10 liters per day. The cost of Murrah buffaloes will be two lakh 50 thousand rupees.
- Under the scheme, 75 percent grant will be given by the state government to the cattle farmers of scheduled castes and tribes and 50 percent to the backward class and general category cattle farmers.
- In this way, the cattle farmers belonging to Scheduled Castes and Tribes will have to deposit Rs 62 thousand 500 as contribution and one lakh 50 thousand rupees to the backward class and general category people. It also includes the cost of commuting and insurance of livestock owners.
Why In News?
On September 29, 2022, Madhya Pradesh Revenue and Transport Minister Govind Singh Rajput informed that with the help of Revenue Department, the method of end-to-end computerization of Kisan Credit Cards made for the purpose of providing loans to farmers has been implemented. With the computerization of the system, the process of KCC lending will be digitized, which will be more convenient and farmer friendly.
- Minister Govind Singh said that Harda district was selected as a pilot project. Based on the results and experience of the pilot project, it is being considered to be implemented in other districts of the state.
- He said that with the implementation of this method, the farmer will not have to go to the bank branch and submit any kind of document to take a loan on the credit card.
- Applications can be made from the online app. Also, verification of agricultural land also goes online. With the approval of the case and the completion of the disbursement process in a few hours, farmers can get a quick loan.
Why In News?
On September 29, 2022, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar informed that the world's largest safari park will be set up in an area of about 10 thousand acres falling in the Aravalli mountain range of Gurugram and Nuh districts of the state.
- This project will be the largest such project in the world. Currently the largest curated safari park outside Africa is in Sharjah, which opened in February 2022, with an area of about two thousand acres.
- The proposed Aravalli Park will be 5 times the size and will include a large herpeterium, aviary/bird park, four zones of Big Cats, a large area for herbivorous animals, an area for exotic animals and birds, an underwater world, nature trails/visitor/tourism zone, There will be botanical gardens/biomasses, equatorial/tropical/coastal/desert etc.
- The Chief Minister said that there is immense potential for jungle safari in Haryana-NCR region. After the realization of the jungle safari scheme, tourism in NCR will get a big boost and employment opportunities will be created for the local people.
- Haryana's Jungle Safari project will be a joint project of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India and the Government of Haryana. Under one scheme, the central government will also provide funds to Haryana for this project.
- An international EOI was floated for the project and two companies with international experience in designing and operating such facilities have been shortlisted. She will now participate in an international design competition to design, oversee and operate the park. At the same time, an Aravalli Foundation will be set up, which will manage the project.
- The Chief Minister said that the Central Zoo Authority has done an evaluation study of the area for this and has agreed to the technical feasibility of setting up such a park.
- The Chief Minister said that with the development of jungle safari, on the one hand, while it will help in preserving this mountain range, on the other hand, a large number of people from Delhi and surrounding areas will come here for tourism, which will provide employment opportunities for the local people. Villagers in nearby villages will benefit under the home stay policy.
- Significantly, the Aravalli Mountain range is a cultural heritage site, where many species of birds, wild animals, butterflies etc. are found. According to a survey conducted a few years ago, 180 species of birds, Mammals, 15 species of mammals, wildlife, 29 species of reptiles i.e., land crawling and water living creatures and 57 species of butterflies exist in the Aravalli Mountain range.
Why In News?
On September 29, 2022, Chhattisgarh Governor Anusuiya Uikey signed the Chhattisgarh Ground Water (Management and Regulation) Bill, 2022. This bill was passed by the Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly on July 25, 2022.
- It is noteworthy that this bill has been passed in relation to the issues of protection, protection, control etc. to ensure the management of ground water, both quantitatively and qualitatively, especially in the distressed rural and urban areas in the state.
- In this bill, a provision has been made to set up a State Ground Water Management and Regulatory Authority at the state level under the chairmanship of the Chief Secretary. Apart from this, this authority will also have 16 members. In this, a provision has been made to nominate three subject-experts and an eminent person from the public / non-governmental organization / social sector, having experience of doing long-term work of ground water management in the state of Chhattisgarh.
- This Authority will give permission for ground water extraction for industrial/ commercial / mining in non-notified / notified areas.
- At the district level, a provision has been made to constitute a Ground Water Management Council under the chairmanship of the Collector. In addition, the Collector will also act as the District Ground Water Grievance Redressal Officer. Apart from this, a provision has also been made to constitute Ground Water User Registration Committee in the respective development block under the chairmanship of Chief Executive Officer of Janpad Panchayat at the block level.
- Under the Bill, extracting ground water without registration in the appropriate body will be an offence. The Bill also provides for imprisonment and fine for violation of rules framed in the Bill.
Why In News?
On September 29, 2022, in Birmingham (UK), Haryana's Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister J. Dr. Sumita Mishra, Additional Chief Secretary, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Department in the presence of P. Dalal signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on behalf of the Government of Haryana with the University of Birmingham for setting up a Center of Excellence in Post-Harvest Management and Cold Chain in the state of Haryana.
- It is to be noted that the Agriculture Minister and other officials have gone to Birmingham to participate in the ongoing Cold Chain Summit at Birmingham University on 29th and 30th September and will also visit the institutions associated with the Center of Excellence to be set up in Haryana.
- Minister Jai Prakash Dalal said that this centre of excellence will prove to be a milestone in the field of reducing post-harvest losses, enhancing the knowledge of farmers and other stakeholders, use of environment and farmer friendly technologies and research and development. As a result, diversification towards horticulture will increase greatly in the state.
- Addressing the participants at the Cold Chain Summit, the Agriculture Minister said that Haryana currently has about 7 per cent area under horticulture crops. 393 horticulture clusters, 13 integrated packhouses have been built in the state and 50 other pack houses are under construction. More 500 integrated pack houses will be set up in the coming five years.
- He said that Haryana would be a pioneer state in providing systematic supply chain of fresh fruits and vegetables and connecting farmers directly to the agricultural market. So far, 59 MoUs have been signed by various farmer group organizations with companies in the agriculture sector in the state.
- He said that to strengthen the supply chain, setting up of integrated packhouses, pre-shipment treatment facilities like E-radiation, Vapor Heat Treatment (VHT), Hot Water Dip Treatment (HWDT) etc. need to be created.
- Dr. Sumita Mishra talked about developing a conducive system to promote clean green energy and cold chain system, so that losses from harvesting crops to retail sales can be prevented.
- It is noteworthy that under the able leadership of Chief Minister Manohar Lal, the state government is continuously running welfare schemes in the interest of farmers. Haryana has also launched the Chief Minister's Horticulture Insurance Scheme to make horticulture farmers risk-free.
- In addition, the state government is continuously encouraging farmers to adopt crop diversification to promote horticulture crops.
Switch to Hindi