Bihar Switch to Hindi
Bihar Pavilion Won Gold Medal in 40th Indian International Trade Fair
Why in News
- Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi honored the pavilions and artists in six categories for their excellent performance in the fair at the closing ceremony of the International Trade Fair of India on November 27, 2021. Among the exhibitions of 24 states, the pavilion of Bihar state won the gold medal.
- Along with this, Bihar has also got a gold medal as a partner state. Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand have got gold as focus states. In the state pavilion, Assam's pavilion got silver and Kerala got bronze. As a special incentive, the pavilion of the state of Madhya Pradesh was awarded.
- Bihar had decorated 41 stalls in its pavilion, in which a vibrant exhibition of Madhubani paintings of famous folk artist Panshree Dulari Devi was the center of attraction. People also liked the folk artifacts made in other parts of Bihar and the things made by the traditional industries of Bihar.
- The Indian International Trade Fair was first organized in 1979. India International Trade Fair provides a common platform for manufacturers, traders, exporters and importers.
- The fair is organized by the Trade Promotion Organization of India, a trade promotion agency of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
Switch to Hindi