Why in News
- On October 27, 2021, four new members of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council were administered the oath in a ceremony held at the Vidhan Bhavan in Lucknow. Former Congress leader Jitin Prasada is also among the new office bearers.
- Apart from Jitin Prasad, Nishad (Nirbal Indian Shoshit Hamara Aam Dal) party chief Sanjay Nishad, Chaudhary Virendra Singh Gurjar and Gopal Anjan Bhurji were sworn in by Legislative Council Chairman Kunwar Manvendra Singh. These four members were nominated to the Upper House of the Uttar Pradesh legislature in September.
- The Nishad Party had contested the 2017 assembly election in alliance with the Peace Party led by Dr. Mohammad Ayub on 72 seats and was won by Vijay Mishra, the party's candidate from Bhadohi's Gyanpur constituency.
- There are a total of 100 seats in the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council, out of which Samajwadi Party has a maximum of 48 and BJP 33. The remaining members are from other parties.
Why in News
- On October 27, 2021, Madhya Pradesh Hockey Academy won the title of 1st Hockey India Junior Boys Inter Academy National Hockey Championship, 2021 by performing brilliantly.
- Madhya Pradesh Hockey Academy won the second successive title by defeating Raja Karan Hockey Academy 3-1 in the final match. Earlier, Madhya Pradesh Hockey Academy had won the title of the first Hockey India Sub-Junior Boys Inter Academy National Hockey Championship.
- In the third place match of the championship, Namdhari XI defeated Roundglass Punjab Hockey Academy 6-4.
- Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia and Panshree Pullela Gopichand distributed prizes to the winners. Sports Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia presented checks of Rs 15,000 and Rs 20 thousand to each member of both the teams to encourage the sub-junior and junior players of Madhya Pradesh Hockey Academy.
- Organized under the joint aegis of Hockey India and Department of Sports and Youth Welfare, the matches were played on the newly constructed turf of Major Dhyan Chand Stadium.
Why in News
- On October 27, 2021, Secretary, State Election Commission BS Jamod informed that a standing committee has been constituted by the State Election Commission at the district level for transparency and fairness in the general election 2021-22 of three-tier panchayats.
- The Chairman of the Standing Committee will be the Collector and the District Election Officer. The Superintendent of Police, Chief Executive Officer, District Panchayat and election officials as the District Election Officer may consider necessary shall be its members.
- The meeting of the committee constituted at the district level will be held before the notification of the election (before the publication of the list of polling stations).
- Apart from this, the Collector and the District Election Officer can organize a meeting of the Standing Committee whenever he wants to discuss any important point related to the election process.
Why in News
- The annual decorations were announced by the Dushyant Kumar Smriti Manuscript Museum on October 27, 2021. The museum's patrons Manoj Singh Meek and Ashok Nirmal announced these memorial awards.
- The director of the museum, Rajurkar Raj said that the famous lyricist of Moradabad Maheshwar Tiwari will be honored with the National Dushyant Award.
- Rajurkar Raj informed that the memorial ceremony will be held in the last week of November and the national award ceremony 'Pranam-2021' will be held on 30 December 2021, the foundation day of the museum.
- The names of the persons announced for the award are:
- Sudeergh Sadhana Samman (Yatindranath Rahi, Bhopal)
- Regional Language Award (PC Lal Yadav, Chhattisgarh)
- Kamleshwar Samman (Senior Litterateur Laxminarayan Payodhi)
- Kanhaiyalal Nandan Samman (Children's writer Usha Jaiswal)
- Balkavi Bairagi Samman (Senior Poet Manohar Pateria Madhur)
- Vitthal Bhai Patel Samman (Journalist and Philanthropist Rajesh Gaba Prince)
- R S. Tiwari Samman [Shahdol Commissioner Rajeev Sharma (IAS)]
- Rajendra Joshi Samman (Sanjeev Gupta of Makhanlal Chaturvedi University)
- Dr. Sushma Tiwari Award (Poetess Dr. Meenu Pandey 'Nayan')
- Dr. Baburao Gujre Samman (Kanta Rai of the Short Story Center)
- Akhilesh Jain Samman (Sanjay Lamba of Central Bank)
- Vijay Shirdonkar Samman (editor of 'Samagam' magazine Manoj Kumar)
- Brij Bhushan Sharma Samman (writer and social activist Jaya Arya)
Why in News
- Recently, the Police Headquarters Raipur issued an order regarding the award of 'Chhattisgarh Shaurya Medal' to 7 policemen posted on the Naxal front in Bastar.
- These brave soldiers, who have achieved success on the Naxal front, will be honored on November 1 on the occasion of Chhattisgarh State Foundation Day.
- These honored soldiers have been facing the Naxalites for the last many years, have brought many big successes in the Naxal operation and have participated in many big encounters and killed many Naxalites.
- Out of these jawans, 2 are posted in Dantewada and 5 in Narayanpur district. These include one assistant sub-inspector, four head constables and two constables.
- The soldiers to be honored are-
- Somaru Kadti (ASI DRG Dantewada), Keshar Lal Saroj (Principal Constable DRG Dantewada), Baisakhu Ram Som (Principal Constable Narayanpur), Punu Ram Dugga (Principal Constable Narayanpur), Sankendra Kumar Netam (Principal Constable Narayanpur), Vivek Singh (Cons. Narayanpur) and Ramesh Kumar Andhare (Const. Narayanpur).
- Even before this, the DRG team personnel of Dantewada have received the award, in which the first name comes from Sanjay Potam, who was awarded the President's Award.
- Chhattisgarh 'Shaurya Padak' is awarded every year on Chhattisgarh State Foundation Day (November 1) to state police personnel for performing gallantry in the line of duty. The gallantry medal is also awarded posthumously.
- This gallantry medal is made of bronze, in the front part of which the emblem of the state and in the back part the picture of the state tree 'Sal' is inscribed.
Switch to Hindi