Star marking (1-5) indicates the importance of topic
Why in News
- On December 2, 2021, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has formed 'Milkha Singh Adventure Sports Club' in the name of sprinter Milkha Singh, popularly known as Flying Sikh, to promote adventure sports and allied tourism activities in a big way.
- The club has been established under the existing Haryana Academy of Adventure Sports (a registered society). Its objective is to initiate, promote and develop adventure sports in the state along with creation of training facilities and quality infrastructure for adventure sports.
- In June, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar had announced plans to promote adventure sports and form a club named after Flying Sikh Milkha Singh.
- According to the notification issued by AK Singh, Principal Secretary, Sports and Youth Affairs, Haryana, Sports and Youth Affairs Minister will be the chairman of the club's managing committee, while the administrative secretary of the department will be its vice-president. The 11-member committee will also have administrative secretaries of tourism, forest and wildlife departments, civil aviation departments to ensure coordination between the departments concerned to promote adventure sports activities in the state.
- The club will set up adventure sports training centres, academies, satellite centres, base camps etc and coordinate with such institutions in the country and abroad and will collaborate with National Adventure Club (India), India Mountaineering Foundation among other such organisations.
Switch to Hindi