Chhattisgarh Gallantry Medal
- 28 Oct 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- Recently, the Police Headquarters Raipur issued an order regarding the award of 'Chhattisgarh Shaurya Medal' to 7 policemen posted on the Naxal front in Bastar.
- These brave soldiers, who have achieved success on the Naxal front, will be honored on November 1 on the occasion of Chhattisgarh State Foundation Day.
- These honored soldiers have been facing the Naxalites for the last many years, have brought many big successes in the Naxal operation and have participated in many big encounters and killed many Naxalites.
- Out of these jawans, 2 are posted in Dantewada and 5 in Narayanpur district. These include one assistant sub-inspector, four head constables and two constables.
- The soldiers to be honored are-
- Somaru Kadti (ASI DRG Dantewada), Keshar Lal Saroj (Principal Constable DRG Dantewada), Baisakhu Ram Som (Principal Constable Narayanpur), Punu Ram Dugga (Principal Constable Narayanpur), Sankendra Kumar Netam (Principal Constable Narayanpur), Vivek Singh (Cons. Narayanpur) and Ramesh Kumar Andhare (Const. Narayanpur).
- Even before this, the DRG team personnel of Dantewada have received the award, in which the first name comes from Sanjay Potam, who was awarded the President's Award.
- Chhattisgarh 'Shaurya Padak' is awarded every year on Chhattisgarh State Foundation Day (November 1) to state police personnel for performing gallantry in the line of duty. The gallantry medal is also awarded posthumously.
- This gallantry medal is made of bronze, in the front part of which the emblem of the state and in the back part the picture of the state tree 'Sal' is inscribed.