Why in News
- Haryana's first mushroom survey to explore and preserve the rich diversity of fungi, flora and fauna will be conducted on 30 September 2021 at Kalesar National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary in Yamunanagar district.
- Haryana Forest Department spokesman said that the survey would be conducted under the guidance of Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (Wildlife), Haryana and renowned mycologist Dr. NSK Harsh, in which fungal and mushroom diversity of Kalesar National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary would be assessed.
- The results of this survey will help in formulating an effective management strategy for the conservation of fungi, flora and fauna of Kalesar National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary and will also form the basis for observing the impact of habitat disturbance and climate change on the ecology of the region.
- The survey will be focussed on Mushrooms. However, surveys will also be conducted for various aspects related to diversity and conservation of butterflies, spiders, amphibians, fish, reptiles, birds and mammals.
- The spokesperson said that trees, shrubs and herbs cannot live on the ground without fungi. They are an integral part of the food chain of many insects and other organisms. Fungi and mushrooms are an inseparable part of a healthy ecosystem. Many fungal species (mushrooms) are edible and in addition mushrooms are the only vegetarian source of vitamin D.
- Fifteen scientists (experts in the fields of fungi, insects, soil, climate change, botany, plant physiology etc.) from Forest Research Institute, Dehradun, ten scientists from Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun (experts in areas such as beetles, butterflies, bees, pollinators, firefly, bumblebees, bees, mammals, birds and reptiles), professors and students of biology from various colleges of Yamunanagar, NGOs, bird lovers and officials of Haryana Forest Department will participate in this one day survey.
- It is noteworthy that Kalesar National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary is a well protected and managed area and shelters a rich diversity of different life forms.
Why in News
On September 26, 2021, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar inaugurated the second Sub-National Immunization (SNID) round of Pulse Polio 2021-22 in Karnal district.
- In this vaccination, a target has been set to immunize 25.7 lakh children, out of which about 13.21 lakh (51%) children below 5 years of age have been given polio medicine.
- The Health Department spokesperson said that in most of the districts, booths have been inaugurated by dignitaries including MLA/Deputy Commissioner/Municipal Councillor/Civil Surgeon and other senior officials.
- He said that vaccination has been started in 13 identified districts of the state- Ambala, Faridabad, Gurugram, Jhajjar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Mewat, Palwal, Panchkula, Panipat, Rohtak, Sonipat and Yamunanagar to maintain polio free status.
Why in News
- On the occasion of the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay on September 25, 2021, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched the 'Samparan' portal.
- The objective of this portal is to encourage such volunteers who are willing to serve the society and can become an essential part of social upliftment in Haryana by dedicating their time and effort towards social work.
- Volunteers will be connected through this portal, after which the services of volunteers including youth, retired employees will be taken in the field of education, skill development, sports, agriculture etc.
- The Chief Minister said that 'Sarparan' will provide a platform to volunteers who wish to do something good for the society, for example - if someone wants to help children, they can register on this portal to educate them or make them play sports or skill training. Similarly if someone wants to work for the welfare of women then he can make them aware about nutrition, empowerment or security.
- Voluntary services provided through the 'Samparan' initiative are linked to various programs and initiatives of the government, such as education, women and child development, farmers welfare, skill development.
- He said that the unique feature of voluntary services is that they are individual-based and through this great spirit of dedication one can help the government and the local community in fulfilling the goal of good governance
Why in News
- On September 25, 2021, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched the official website (http:\\www.fcd.haryana.gov.in.) of Foreign Cooperation Department (FCD)
- This website provides an incredible opportunity for non-resident Haryanvi to reconnect, rediscover and revive their roots in Haryana. The website of FCD provides comprehensive information about Haryana, its culture, reasons to invest in Haryana, export performance of the state, etc.
- The new features of the website include Diaspora Registration Form, Export Registration Form, Trade Information Form and Export Guide for potential exporters from Haryana.
- The Department of Foreign Cooperation is the first of its kind department established by any state in India. FCD propagates the state government's vision of transforming Haryana through a 'Go Global Approach'.
- The FCD is a dedicated department of the Government of Haryana, responsible for the state's diplomacy, bilateral and multilateral relations at the international level, and assistance to the Haryanvi diaspora.
- The objective of FCD is to promote Haryana as the most preferred destination for foreign investment, promotion of exports from Haryana, country-wise strategy to promote trade, inbound and outbound investments, and promote the culture of Haryana.
- This department is responsible for formulating country-wise communication strategy for promoting mutual cooperation and liaising with Indian Missions abroad and Foreign Missions in India on matters relating to investment, employment, education, skill development, culture and NRI/PIO matters. It is also the nodal agency of the state.
Switch to Hindi