Why In News?
- According to media information received on November 25, 2022, B.Tech students of Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology (MNNIT) located in Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh, have made India's first unmanned car. After the successful phase-I test, Microsoft Asia president Ahmed Mazhari will have its first demo on November 27.
- Rajesh Kumar, superintending engineer of 1995 batch of MNNIT, said that the first phase of the project of the first unmanned car running without a driver has been completed after two years of tireless hard work. On an experimental basis, the system of this car has been fitted in the golf cart. After the success of coding and programming, this car has been launched to run directly on any road.
- Cameras have been installed in the front and back of this car, so that this car will be able to run automatically on the road without any human driver. The car will see any car coming from the front, man, crowd, animal or pit, cutting everything and if there is any kind of obstruction, it will automatically stop by applying brakes.
- Apart from this, with the removal of the barrier, this unmanned car will also leave for its destination. She will be able to understand all the causes of road accidents. At present, this car will be able to run on the straight path.
- After a month, when the second phase is completed, she will be able to walk on any bend or winding path as well as turn back and forth. After this, based on coding, this car will be able to reach any location without any driver.
- A total of 19 second-year, third-year and final-year students, including BTech student Vibhanshu, have teamed up to prepare this car.
- Apart from Rohit Garg, Vice President of RRD Go Creative, a 1995 batch alumnus of MNNI, Rajesh Kumar, posted as Superintending Engineer, Ministry of Road and Transport, New Delhi, has guided and funded the construction of this unmanned car. Seven lakh rupees have been spent on the construction of this car.
Why In News?
- On November 25, 2022, Rajasthan's Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Tikaram Julie told that under the 'Dr. Ambedkar Utsav Dham Yojana', community buildings will be constructed in 568 villages of the state, whose maintenance will be the responsibility of the Gram Panchayat.
- Minister Tikaram Jully said that this scheme has been implemented only on the villages selected in the 'Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana'. In the pilot phase, 568 villages of the state have been selected for the construction of community halls or buildings.
- He informed that maximum 103 villages have been selected in Sriganganagar district. After this, community halls/buildings will be built in selected villages of 32 districts of the state including Bharatpur 68, Alwar 47, Barmer 33, Jodhpur and Dausa 31-31.
- Community halls, buildings will be constructed in each village at a cost of Rs 25 lakh each. The scheme is being run by the National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation, an undertaking of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment of the government.
Why In News?
- On November 25, 2022, an important meeting was held under the chairmanship of Rajiv Arora, Chairman, Rajasthan Small Industries Corporation for the establishment of Gem Bourse in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- In this meeting, the representatives of the Gems and Jewellery Association urged Rajeev Arishment of Gem Bourse, exports from Jaipur will get a proper boost and new employment opportunities will be given to the youth.
Why In News?
- On November 25, 2022, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved a proposal to give a total prize money of Rs 7 crore to three sportspersons from the state who won medals in Deaflympics, 2022.
- According to the proposal, Abhinav Sharma and Gauranshi Sharma, who won gold medals in deaf badminton at the Deaflympics, 2022, will be given Rs 3 crore each. Apart from this, Vedika Sharma, a bronze medalist in deaf rifle shooting, will be given a prize money of Rs 1 crore.
- It is known that the state government gives prize money of Three crore, two crore and one crore rupees respectively to gold, silver and bronze medal winners at the international level for the encouragement of sportspersons.
- It is noteworthy that this prize money will be given to the three players by giving relaxation in the Rajasthan Sports Grant-in-Aid Rules-2022 by the Chief Minister. With this approval, along with financial support to the players, all the players of the state will be motivated to perform excellently.
Why In News?
- On November 24, 2022, R.K Sharma, Chairman and Managing Director of Rajasthan State Power Generation Corporation, said that under the digitization campaign of the state government, the facility of online pension portal for retired employees has been started by Rajasthan State Power Generation Corporation.
- R.K. Sharma said that there was a demand for digital facility by retired employees of the corporation to view pension details and download pension slips so that they do not have to come to office for these works.
- In order to provide pension details to senior citizens quickly, the IT department of Power Generation Corporation has been directed.
- The IT Department has started a facility in the name of Pension Details on the website of the Production Corporation. With this, pensioners can view their pension details in the financial year and download the pension slip.
- If there is a problem in viewing or downloading pension details, a helpline number has also been given by the IT department so that the problem can be resolved immediately.
Why In News?
- On November 24, 2022, Haryana Chief Secretary Sanjeev Kaushal told a review meeting on natural farming in Chandigarh that Haryana will now prepare a scientific research paper on natural farming to promote natural farming in the state and encourage more and more farmers towards it. Detailed information about the time period and results will be available.
- The Chief Secretary said that this work would be implemented at the earliest by talking to the Vice Chancellor and Director of Research of Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University to prepare scientific research paper on natural farming.
- He said that natural farming is gradually becoming the need of the hour. With this method, the farmer can increase organic yield with low cost and also increase his income.
- The objective of natural farming is to promote chemical-free agriculture, climate-friendly farming in line with nature and establish this method as a sustainable livelihood by reducing environment and climate pollution. For this, farmers are also being made aware and trained by the state government.
- It is noteworthy that at present training is being imparted in 2 training centers in the state Gurukul (Kurukshetra) and Gharaunda (Karnal). Apart from this, 3 more training centers will be established soon at three places Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University (Hisar), Hameti (Jind) and Mangiana (Sirsa).
- He said that the basic objective of natural farming is to change the food habits, for this the concept of 'food is medicine' has to be adopted. To make farmers aware about this, natural farming will be done in a demonstration field in every block. So far, such demonstration farms have been prepared in 5 districts.
- It was told in the meeting that to promote natural farming, the state government had launched a portal in April, 2022, on which farmers willing to adopt natural farming can register themselves. So far 2992 farmers have registered themselves on this portal. 1201 farmers have given their consent to do natural farming during Rabi season. Apart from this, 3600 soil samples have also been collected.
- In the first phase for natural farming, more emphasis is being given by the government on training and awareness, so that the farmer can understand this method better. So far 405 ATMs, BTMs and 119 progressive farmers have been trained for natural farming. He will now work as a master trainer to train other farmers. Apart from this, 151 youths have also been trained in this farming method.
- It is known that in order to promote natural farming in the state while moving towards making 'Atmanirbhar Bharat', subsidy of up to Rs 25,000 on the purchase of desi cow and four big drums for preparation of Jeevamrit solution for natural farming. 3 thousand rupees are being given to each farmer for this. Haryana is the first state in the country to do this.
- Apart from this, a scheme has also been prepared to pack natural farming products directly from the farmer's fields, so that customers in the market do not have doubts whether it is a product of natural farming or not.
Why In News?
- On November 25, 2022, while announcing the 'Sangeet Natak Akademi Award (Year 2019, 2020, 2021)', Secretary of New Delhi-based Sangeet Natak Akademi, A.P Rajan said that six personalities from Jharkhand, who have intervened in the field of theater and music, have been awarded the National Award. Has been selected for the prestigious 'Sangeet Natak Akademi Award'.
- AP Rajan said that this year 128 people and institutions from across the country associated with various art forms have been selected for the Academy Awards, which will be honored by the President.
- State independent colorist Ajay Malkani, Raikela style Chhau dance guru co-artist Brajendra Kumar Patnaik and Mahavir Nayak of Nayak Toli Hatia for Tribal Folk and Music for Amrit Award, Durga Prasad Murmu of Jadugora East Singhbhum for Santali music, Sangeet Natak Akademi For 2021, Jagdish Badaik of Simdega has been selected for Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar-2020 and Binod Mahto of Bokaro has been selected for Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar-2021.
- Ajay Malkani, who retired as associate professor of Marwari College and director of the Department of Performing and Fine Art, Ranchi University, is currently a member of the NSD Academic Council. He has been selected for his outstanding contribution in the field of direction in theatre. He is the founder of the theatre organization Yuva Theatre and has directed more than 50 plays staged across the country.
- Malkani, who did his diploma in direction from the National School of Drama in 1986, was also a member of the Salary and Production Grant Committee of the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, a member of the Technical Advisory Council under the Film Policy of the Government of Jharkhand and a member of the Film Review of the 48thInternational Film Festival 2017 held in Goa.
Why In News?
- According to the information received by the Chhattisgarh Public Relations Department on November 25, 2022, the seventh phase of 'Malaria Free Chhattisgarh Campaign' in the state will start from December 1. The campaign will be conducted for a month in four malaria sensitive districts of the state namely Bijapur, Dantewada, Narayanpur and Sukma.
- It is worth mentioning that this campaign is being run continuously in the state to achieve the goal of a complete malaria-free state by taking malaria cases to the lowest level.
- The last six phases of malaria-free Chhattisgarh campaign in the state have yielded good results. The annual parasite index (API rate) in the state was 2.63 in 2018, which has now come down to 0.92. Along with Bastar, the rate of malaria infection in the whole of Chhattisgarh has reached the lowest level so far.
- In the sixth phase of Malaria-Free Chhattisgarh Campaign, the health department team went to 7 lakh 6 thousand houses and tested 33 lakh 96 thousand 998 people for malaria. During this time, people found to be malaria were also treated immediately.
- In the seventh phase starting from December 1, the health department team will reach door-to-door in inaccessible and remote areas surrounded by dense forests and mountains of four districts of Bastar division Bijapur, Dantewada, Narayanpur and Sukma and check malaria in all the people. During this time, those found positive will be fed malaria medicine immediately.
- Under the Malaria-Free Chhattisgarh Campaign, along with the investigation and treatment of malaria, public awareness related activities will also be conducted to prevent it. During this time, people will be encouraged to use mosquito nets daily. Also, DDT or burnt oil will be sprayed in the water and drains collected around the houses. Measures to maintain cleanliness around the house and prevent mosquitoes from breeding will also be told to the people.
Why In News?
- On November 25, 2022, Amit Sinha, Director, Information Technology and Development Agency (ITDA), Uttarakhand, said that with new experiments in drone technology, corridors are being built in all districts to handle drone traffic in the state. On the lines of air services, these will be routes through which government and private drones will be able to fly.
- Significantly, in view of the future use of drones, the need is being felt to prepare a way for it. For this, the Information Technology and Development Agency (ITDA) has started the work of creating a drone corridor.
- The ITDA director informed that the corridors that will be built for drone operation in all the districts of the state will be linked together. After this, a complete network of dedicated routes for drones will be ready in the state. Action will also be taken against those who break the rules.
- He said that one of the objectives of creating the drone corridor is that it will create such routes, which do not obstruct air services. Apart from this, being a border state, security will also be provided to all the restricted areas.
- It is known that at present there is no dedicated corridor of drone operation from Uttarkashi to Doon or other places in the state, due to which many drones have to travel long distances. This will take longer and the drone's battery is also in danger of running out soon. With the construction of the drone corridor, the flight time will be reduced, its battery will also help in long-distance flight.
- In view of the rapid development in the field of drones, the Uttarakhand government is going to bring a drone policy soon. The ITDA has sent its draft to the government. Under this, all provisions will be made from drone operation to purchase of drones. The policy is expected to come to the Cabinet soon.
Why In News?
- On November 25, 2022, Uttarakhand Planning Secretary Dr. R. Meenakshi Sundaram said that the state government has signed a two-year agreement with the company, giving the responsibility of improving the economy of Uttarakhand to the leading international consultant American company McKinsey Global.
- Dr. R. Meenakshi Sundaram said that the state government's tie-up with McKinsey Global would help the state achieve its goal of doubling the economic growth rate (GDP) in the next five years. At present, the GDP in the state is estimated at 7.05 percent.
- In six months, the company will select those areas with potential for development, in which it can invest from renowned expert companies of the country and the world. According to Dr. R. Meenakshi Sundaram, McKinsey Global Company will work for the first time in a state.
- Under this agreement, the company will select those sectors in the state for six months, in which progress can be made through new investments and reforms. Will bring renowned companies to invest in the identified areas in the remaining year and a half.
- The agency will invest in increasing the yield of crops and products and improving their quality. Will also work to provide export market to the products. If the company gives better results, then its contract will be extended.
- It is noteworthy that McKinsey Global has international experience. In Vietnam the company has worked on selected products rice, coffee, banana, mushroom. Improve their quality, increase yield and make international market available. This improved the economy there.
- To improve the economy of the state, the company can work in many other areas including New Township, Tourism, Horticulture, Energy, Ayush, Yoga, Wellness Tourism, IT Industry, Hotel Industry.
Switch to Hindi