Why In News?
- On November 25, 2022, Amit Sinha, Director, Information Technology and Development Agency (ITDA), Uttarakhand, said that with new experiments in drone technology, corridors are being built in all districts to handle drone traffic in the state. On the lines of air services, these will be routes through which government and private drones will be able to fly.
- Significantly, in view of the future use of drones, the need is being felt to prepare a way for it. For this, the Information Technology and Development Agency (ITDA) has started the work of creating a drone corridor.
- The ITDA director informed that the corridors that will be built for drone operation in all the districts of the state will be linked together. After this, a complete network of dedicated routes for drones will be ready in the state. Action will also be taken against those who break the rules.
- He said that one of the objectives of creating the drone corridor is that it will create such routes, which do not obstruct air services. Apart from this, being a border state, security will also be provided to all the restricted areas.
- It is known that at present there is no dedicated corridor of drone operation from Uttarkashi to Doon or other places in the state, due to which many drones have to travel long distances. This will take longer and the drone's battery is also in danger of running out soon. With the construction of the drone corridor, the flight time will be reduced, its battery will also help in long-distance flight.
- In view of the rapid development in the field of drones, the Uttarakhand government is going to bring a drone policy soon. The ITDA has sent its draft to the government. Under this, all provisions will be made from drone operation to purchase of drones. The policy is expected to come to the Cabinet soon.
Why In News?
- On November 25, 2022, Uttarakhand Planning Secretary Dr. R. Meenakshi Sundaram said that the state government has signed a two-year agreement with the company, giving the responsibility of improving the economy of Uttarakhand to the leading international consultant American company McKinsey Global.
- Dr. R. Meenakshi Sundaram said that the state government's tie-up with McKinsey Global would help the state achieve its goal of doubling the economic growth rate (GDP) in the next five years. At present, the GDP in the state is estimated at 7.05 percent.
- In six months, the company will select those areas with potential for development, in which it can invest from renowned expert companies of the country and the world. According to Dr. R. Meenakshi Sundaram, McKinsey Global Company will work for the first time in a state.
- Under this agreement, the company will select those sectors in the state for six months, in which progress can be made through new investments and reforms. Will bring renowned companies to invest in the identified areas in the remaining year and a half.
- The agency will invest in increasing the yield of crops and products and improving their quality. Will also work to provide export market to the products. If the company gives better results, then its contract will be extended.
- It is noteworthy that McKinsey Global has international experience. In Vietnam the company has worked on selected products rice, coffee, banana, mushroom. Improve their quality, increase yield and make international market available. This improved the economy there.
- To improve the economy of the state, the company can work in many other areas including New Township, Tourism, Horticulture, Energy, Ayush, Yoga, Wellness Tourism, IT Industry, Hotel Industry.
Switch to Hindi