Why In News?
According to media information received on November 23, 2022, to ensure clean, green and planned cities in Uttar Pradesh, the state government will implement Indore's Solid Waste Management (SWM) model in the urban bodies of the state.
- For a comprehensive review of Indore's sanitation model, considered the cleanest city in the country, a team from Uttar Pradesh assessed the strategy of Indore city during their two-day visit recently and also inspected Asia's largest Bio-CNG plant located at the trenching ground.
- Around 13 representatives of urban bodies like Mathura-Vrindavan, Jhansi, Aligarh, Saharanpur, Bareilly, Farrukhabad, Kushinagar, Ikdil Nagar, Moradabad, Gorakhpur went on the tour including Neha Sharma, Director of Swachh Bharat Mission in Uttar Pradesh.
- Officials from Uttar Pradesh were briefed about spot fine and garbage collection charges in Indore city. During the visit, a presentation was made on the initiatives taken for cleanliness in the last six years.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary Durga Shanker Mishra along with National Green Tribunal (NGT) Chairperson Adarsh Goel and two other members also visited the bio-CNG plant at trenching ground and understood the functioning of the plant.
- There is a plan to prepare Bio-CNG plants from 300 to 400 tonnes of wet waste through municipal bodies in cities of Uttar Pradesh.
Why In News?
On November 22, 2022, IIT Patna has signed an MoU with The National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) Mumbai for the Integrated Dual Degree Program, under which IIT Patna students can now study Bachelor of Technology (BTech) as well as Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- IIT Director Prof T.N Singh said that the Integrated Dual Degree Program will be of five years duration. This will be a full time residential program on the campus of IIT Patna and NITIE Mumbai. Interested and eligible students will undertake B.Tech course work as well as required course work from third year onwards.
- In the final semester (Eighth Semester), students will be able to visit the campus of NITIE Mumbai to complete the program in the next 18 months. IIT Patna will offer B.Tech and MBA degrees.
- Students can specialize in different areas of MBA. Students will be able to specialize in 10 different areas along with marketing, business, finance, project analytics, innovation and entrepreneurship. According to the MoU, both the institutes will train students on the basis of their respective capacities.
- Pro. T.N Singh said that IIT Patna is currently running undergraduate and postgraduate programs in engineering and science. The aim of this collaboration is to meet other market needs and to develop techno-managerial competence among the students.
- Students will develop their skills in technical subjects at technical institutes and managerial skills at NITIE Mumbai. After this, all these students will work on the growing demand of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in the business world and market. Keeping these needs in mind, Integrated Dual Degree will be started.
- It is noteworthy that NITIE has been consistently ranked among the top B-schools in India. NITIE is committed to produce skilled professionals to meet the growing engineering and management needs of the country. National Institute of Industrial Engineering has been designated by the Ministry of Education as the nodal hub for promoting the PM Gati Shakti Master Plan.
Why In News?
On November 23, 2022, Pawan Arora, Commissioner, Rajasthan Housing Board, informed that the Housing Board has once again been selected for the Scotch Gold Award in the housing category for innovations and rejuvenation.
- Housing Commissioner Pawan Arora said that in the past years, through innovations like 'Wednesday auction festival', e-bid submission and e-auction, disposal of more than 16 thousand surplus properties, coaching hub, MLA housing, Mukhyamantri Jan Awas Yojana, AIS and Due to projects like SS Residency, Jaipur Chowpatty and successful efforts made for administrative reforms, Rajasthan Housing Board has established a new identity.
- The Housing Commissioner said that in the last three and a half years, Mandal has received many awards and honors from organizations like Indian Building Congress, National Real E-state Council New Delhi, Scotch Group.
- In the year 2020, under the 'Wednesday Auction Festival', 1213 properties worth Rs 185 crore were sold in just 12 days, 1010 houses were sold in just 35 working days in the year 2019 and the first 5 during November 2021 to March 2022 at Manasarovar and Pratap Nagar Chowpatty. The foot-fall of 6 lakh 10 thousand 670 people in the month has been recognized by the World Book of Records as an international record.
- Rajasthan Housing Board has got the distinction of earning this honor for the second consecutive year. After the 2021 Scotch Gold Award in the housing category, the Scotch Gold Award-2022 is another link in this direction.
Why In News?
On November 22, 2022, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot laid the foundation stone of 19 government nursing colleges at a state-level event in Pali. He also laid the foundation stone and dedicated various development works worth Rs 350.50 crore in Pali district.
- Addressing the function, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said that the state government is establishing new dimensions of development in various sectors including roads, water, electricity, education, agriculture, medicine, social security. In this sequence, the foundation stone of 19 Government Nursing Colleges has been laid today. After their construction, the nursing students passing out from the colleges will provide better services in the state.
- The Chief Minister inaugurated virtual and shift nursing colleges in Barmer, Banswara, Kumher (Bharatpur), Bhilwara, Lalsot (Dausa), Dhaulpur, Dungarpur, Hanumangarh, Jalore, Jhunjhunu, Karauli, Nagaur, Nathdwara (Rajsamand), Pratapgarh, Sikar, Sirohi and Tonk. And by worshiping the land in Chittorgarh, he laid the foundation stone of 19 nursing colleges.
- The Chief Minister said that the state government has always given importance to Pali-Jodhpur region. There has also been a long-standing effort to develop these two cities as 'Twin Cities'.
- Efforts are also being made to solve the drinking water problem in Pali city on priority. The third phase of Rajiv Gandhi Lift Canal has also been started by the state government, which will soon benefit Pali district.
- A large part of the Delhi-Mumbai freight corridor passing through the state passes through Alwar, Jaipur, Ajmer, Bhilwara and Pali. In the last term, Jodhpur via Marwar Junction to Rohat was also connected with this project. Industrial areas are now being developed on a large scale in this area. In the coming time, the Marwar Junction-Rohat-Jodhpur node of the Delhi-Mumbai Freight Corridor will be rejuvenated and this sector will play an important role in the industrialization of the state. The arrival of the refinery near this area will boost employment.
- The Chief Minister said that through the Chief Minister Chiranjeevi Health Insurance Scheme', the common man has got rid of the worry of expensive treatment. About 90 percent of households in Rajasthan come under health insurance, while its national average is only 41 per cent. So far, about 28 lakh families have been given free treatment worth more than Rs 3,177 crore under the Chief Minister Chiranjeevi Health Insurance Scheme.
- Under the Chiranjeevi Bima Yojana, the limit of Rs 10 lakh has been abolished in complex treatments like liver transplant, kidney transplant, cochlear implant along with free treatment up to Rs 10 lakh. Apart from this, accident insurance of up to Rs 5 lakh is also being given.
- The Chief Minister said that the state is emerging as a model state today due to the public welfare schemes of Rajasthan. Indira Rasoi Yojana for providing nutritious and delicious food for just Rs 8, Indira Gandhi Urban Employment Guarantee Scheme to provide employment to the urban unemployed, Indira Gandhi Urban Credit Scheme for interest-free loans, Mukhyamantri Anuprati Coaching Yojana for free coaching to economically weaker students, free of cost to the students of the state abroad. Many important schemes including Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence are being run for fee studies.
- The Chief Minister said that more than 1 lakh 25 thousand government jobs have been given by the state government so far in the current tenure. Recruitment to about the same number of government posts is under process and recruitment for 1 lakh government jobs has been announced.
- The government is constantly working to create employment in the private sector as well. Recently, job fairs were organized in Jaipur and Jodhpur. In this, the youth of the state got jobs on a good package. After the signing of MoU’s worth about Rs 11 lakh crore in the Invest Rajasthan Summit, employment will be created in the state on a large scale.
Why In News?
Pooja Kumari, a researcher from the Department of Mass Communication, Central University of Jharkhand (CUJ), was awarded the best research paper award of the session at the three-day 6th National Media Conclave that concluded in Bhubaneswar on November 23, 2022.
- It is to be noted that the three-day 6th National Media Conclave was organized by Utkal University at KIT Bhubaneswar from November 21 to 23, 2022 .
- The conclave was divided into five sessions, in which Pooja Kumari was awarded the best research paper award of the session.
- This paper has been published as a chapter in the book 'Media and Culture' published by the Institute of Media Studies, Utkal University.
Why In News?
According to media information received on November 23, 2022, four players from Jharkhand Nikki Pradhan, Salima Tete, Sangita Kumari and Beauty Dungdung have been included in the Indian women's hockey team. She will represent the country in the FIH Women's Hockey Cup to be held in Spain from November 27.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has also praised the game of Salima Tete of Barki Chapar village under Sadar block of Simdega district many times. Even today in his village, people have to take support of rocks or trees for mobile towers. In such a situation, Salima started hockey by walking long distances or sitting on her father Sulshan Tete's bicycle with school and village team in Khasi Cup, Murga Cup hockey competitions.
- Salima Tete is Simdega's first female Olympian. In the last three-four years, he represented the Indian team in many big tournaments like Olympic Games, World Cup, Asia Cup, Commonwealth Games and attracted the whole world with his game.
- Nikki Pradhan is a resident of Hesal village under Moro block of Khunti district, where there is not even a playground till date. Nikki started hockey here by taking inspiration from her elder sisters.
- Nikki is the first hockey player from Jharkhand to have played two Olympics each. She has also made many records representing the Indian women's hockey team in all major events including Olympic Games, World Cup, Commonwealth Games, Asia Cup.
- Sangita Kumari is a resident of Karangaguri Nawatoli village under Kersai block of Simdega district, a hockey nursery. Sangita Kumari has represented the Indian team in many competitions like Commonwealth Games, FIH Hockey League and Junior Asia Cup in the past.
- The family members of Beauty Dungdung, a resident of Karangaguri-Bajutoli a village of players under Kersai block of Simdega district, have been good hockey players from generation to generation. His entire family grandfather, dad, uncle, three elder brothers, sister-in-law have all been national hockey players. Beauty has been playing for the country for the junior Indian team since 2018 and has been selected for the senior Indian women's hockey team for the first time this year.
Why In News?
On November 23, 2022, the 'Mor Mayaru Guruji' program run by the Chhattisgarh State Commission for Protection of Child Rights was selected for the Scotch Award (Silver). The award will be presented to the State Commission for Protection of Child Rights in New Delhi.
- The state commission for protection of child rights was announced to receive the Scotch Award at an online event. Many states from all over the country participated in it.
- From Chhattisgarh, Chhattisgarh State Child Rights Protection Commission Chairperson Mrs. Tejkunwar Netam, members Mrs. Pushpa Patle, Mrs. Asha Santosh Yadav, Mrs. Sangeeta Gajbhiye, Mr. Sonal Kumar Gupta, Mr. Augustine Bernard and Secretary Mr. Prateek Khare also participated in the program.
- It is noteworthy that this honor is given by the Scotch institution after evaluation in a phased manner at about 7 levels from enrollment to the final stage.
- It is worth mentioning that through the 'Mor Mayaru Guruji' program of Chhattisgarh State Commission for Protection of Child Rights, teachers are trained in an interesting way through sports and other activities to protect child rights. Through this program, the Commission has trained about 2 thousand teachers of the state.
- This program has been designed in an interesting way. Its duration has been kept only 2 to 3 hours, so that teachers can easily accept it.
- The commission believes that the relationship between a teacher and a child lasts from 5 years to 12 years and in the meanwhile the personality of the teacher has a deep impact on the children. Keeping this in mind, including child rights, what things have to be emphasized and what shortcomings have to be rectified by teachers while talking to children and teaching, all these topics have been included in the program 'Mor Mayaru Guruji'.
Switch to Hindi