Switch To Hindi
Indore's SWM Model will be Implemented in the Cities of Uttar Pradesh
- 24 Nov 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
According to media information received on November 23, 2022, to ensure clean, green and planned cities in Uttar Pradesh, the state government will implement Indore's Solid Waste Management (SWM) model in the urban bodies of the state.
- For a comprehensive review of Indore's sanitation model, considered the cleanest city in the country, a team from Uttar Pradesh assessed the strategy of Indore city during their two-day visit recently and also inspected Asia's largest Bio-CNG plant located at the trenching ground.
- Around 13 representatives of urban bodies like Mathura-Vrindavan, Jhansi, Aligarh, Saharanpur, Bareilly, Farrukhabad, Kushinagar, Ikdil Nagar, Moradabad, Gorakhpur went on the tour including Neha Sharma, Director of Swachh Bharat Mission in Uttar Pradesh.
- Officials from Uttar Pradesh were briefed about spot fine and garbage collection charges in Indore city. During the visit, a presentation was made on the initiatives taken for cleanliness in the last six years.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary Durga Shanker Mishra along with National Green Tribunal (NGT) Chairperson Adarsh Goel and two other members also visited the bio-CNG plant at trenching ground and understood the functioning of the plant.
- There is a plan to prepare Bio-CNG plants from 300 to 400 tonnes of wet waste through municipal bodies in cities of Uttar Pradesh.