Why In News?
On November 22, 2022, IIT Patna has signed an MoU with The National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) Mumbai for the Integrated Dual Degree Program, under which IIT Patna students can now study Bachelor of Technology (BTech) as well as Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- IIT Director Prof T.N Singh said that the Integrated Dual Degree Program will be of five years duration. This will be a full time residential program on the campus of IIT Patna and NITIE Mumbai. Interested and eligible students will undertake B.Tech course work as well as required course work from third year onwards.
- In the final semester (Eighth Semester), students will be able to visit the campus of NITIE Mumbai to complete the program in the next 18 months. IIT Patna will offer B.Tech and MBA degrees.
- Students can specialize in different areas of MBA. Students will be able to specialize in 10 different areas along with marketing, business, finance, project analytics, innovation and entrepreneurship. According to the MoU, both the institutes will train students on the basis of their respective capacities.
- Pro. T.N Singh said that IIT Patna is currently running undergraduate and postgraduate programs in engineering and science. The aim of this collaboration is to meet other market needs and to develop techno-managerial competence among the students.
- Students will develop their skills in technical subjects at technical institutes and managerial skills at NITIE Mumbai. After this, all these students will work on the growing demand of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in the business world and market. Keeping these needs in mind, Integrated Dual Degree will be started.
- It is noteworthy that NITIE has been consistently ranked among the top B-schools in India. NITIE is committed to produce skilled professionals to meet the growing engineering and management needs of the country. National Institute of Industrial Engineering has been designated by the Ministry of Education as the nodal hub for promoting the PM Gati Shakti Master Plan.
Switch to Hindi