Why In News?
On September 23, 2022, the Uttar Pradesh Assembly passed the CRPC i.e. Code of Criminal Procedure (Uttar Pradesh Amendment) Bill, 2022 to curb crimes against women. Under this, now the accused in cases of rape and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) will not get anticipatory bail.
- Parliamentary Affairs Minister Suresh Kumar Khanna proposed to pass the Code of Criminal Procedure (Amendment) Bill, 2022 in the House. Speaker Satish Mahana announced the passage of the bill as the ruling members voted for it.
- It is to be notified that the Code of Criminal Procedure (Uttar Pradesh Amendment) Bill, 2022 was introduced in the Assembly by the state government on September 22.
- Under the provision of the Bill, rape accused will no longer get anticipatory bail. The amendment bill seeks to amend Section 438 of the CRPC as well as provide for not granting anticipatory bail to the accused under sections 376, 376-A, 376-AB, 376-B, 376-C, 376-D, 376-DA, 376-DB, 386-E.
- Not only rape and gangrape but also in cases of sexual offences, abuse and sexual abuse, anticipatory bail will not be granted.
- However, it is mandatory to get the approval of the Central Government on the implementation of this law because it requires the approval of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Why in News?
Recently, Alakh Pandey Physicswala of Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh has got a place in the International Hurun Rich list. The list includes the names of 25 rich people of Uttar Pradesh. Alakh Pandey's name has been included in this list for the first time.
- Significantly, Alakh Pandey's startup had joined the unicorn list of Rs 8000 crore a few days ago. Alakh Pandey is also known as Physicswala. He is the founder and CEO of Physics Wala.
- Alakh Pandey is known for preparing for competitive examinations. For his different style of teaching, he is popular among students all over the country and has become a different identity.
- Alakh Pandey is originally from Prayagraj. Alakh Pandey was educated at Vishap Johnson School in Prayagraj. He scored 91% in high school and 93.5% in class 12. He started teaching children younger than him from school. After some time, he started teaching in a coaching.
- In the year 2020, students preparing for competitive exams like NEET and JEE benefited greatly in the lock down during Corona, as well as the YouTube channel became very popular. In the same year, Alakh Pandey, along with Pratik Maheshwari, registered as a company as Physicswala Private Limited.
Dr Jaideep and Dr Niharika among 75 leading women of the country honoured by British High Commissioner
Why in News?
Recently, the British Council of India felicitated Dr Jaideep Malhotra, Director (Former Chairman, Fogsy) and his daughter Dr. Niharika Malhotra, Rainbow IVF and Ujala Cygnus Rainbow Hospital, Agra at the British High Commission residence in New Delhi.
- The Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India has included the doctor mother and daughter in the second edition of the book 'She is Women in Steam', placing them among the 75 leading women of the country.
- British High Commissioner Alex Ellis and India's Principal Scientific Advisor Professor Ajay Kumar Sood released the book honouring him. The book ranks 75 leading women from across the country.
- The book is based on the real-life stories, hope, courage and determination of these women. It has interviews of 75 women, including Dr Jaideep Malhotra and Dr Niharika Malhotra. Both have been honoured for their contribution to the society and the treatment of childlessness, considering the example of women empowerment.
- Dr Jaideep is also a representative of WHO's 125-nation grouping on maternal and child health, FIGO and India's Accountability Group. Dr. Niharika is also working on women empowerment and environment through her organization 'Save the Girl Child'.
Why in News?
Patna in Bihar has been ranked second among the cities with warehousing availability in the 'India Warehousing Market Report-2022' released by international organization Knight Frank India recently.
- Among the cities with warehousing availability in 2022 as compared to financial year 2021, Patna has overtaken cities like Guwahati, Jaipur, Ludhiana etc. in this race. In Patna, 9 lakh (0.9 million) square feet of space has been created for warehousing in 2022 compared to financial year 2021.
- Bhubaneswar city has been in the first place with a growth rate of 52.7 per cent. In third place is Siliguri with a growth rate of 148 per cent.
- According to the 'India Warehousing Market Report-2022' released by international organization Knight Frank India, Patna has achieved a growth rate of 309 percent in this sector in the financial year 2022.
- The unorganised market of warehousing is rapidly developing within a radius of 35 km around Patna. The warehousing cluster is developing in Hajipur area south of Patna-Gaya road, west of NH 922 and east of NH 31 and 20 km north of Patna.
- Areas like Bihta, Gaurichak, Fatuha, Zero Mile, Didarganj and Khagaul of Patna have the highest rate of expansion. Warehouses of companies like Coca Cola, Flipkart, GSK, Pepsi etc. are present around Patna.
Why in News?
On September 23, 2022, Rajasthan's Minister of State for Agriculture Marketing Murari Lal Meena told the Assembly that a food park will be constructed in Alwar district after conducting a survey and availability of land.
- Murari Lal Meena said that in Alwar district, RIICO has been operating agro food park in fisheries industrial area since 2006-07 and the state government will now construct food parks in all districts out of which food parks in 21 districts have been announced.
- He said that in the budget year 2021-22, it has been announced to set up mini food parks in every district in a phased manner in the next three years to promote the business and export of agricultural commodities and their processed products.
- Minister Meena said that the operation of mini food park in Alwar district will depend on the financial resources of the state government.
Why in News?
On September 23, 2022, Madhya Pradesh Medical Education Minister Vishwas Kailash Sarang announced the opening of an IVF centre in the new building of Hamidia Hospital in the capital Bhopal.
- Minister Sarang said after inspecting Hamidia Hospital that an IVF centre will be started in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of Sultania Hospital, which has been shifted to Hamidia Hospital. Through this center, poor childless couples of the state will be able to avail benefits.
- He said that such a step is being taken for the first time in the government medical infrastructure of Madhya Pradesh. The location has been marked by making a provision of budget for IVF center. It will take about 4 months to set up the centre.
- Minister Sarang said that an IVF lab will be set up in a space of about 2000 feet in Hamidia Hospital. For this, separate training will be given to doctors, nursing and paramedical staff. This will ensure proper treatment of poor childless couples coming to the center.
- The minister said that lakhs of rupees are spent in the process of IVF. In such a situation, the poor couples of the state who are deprived of child happiness will soon be able to get the benefit through IVF in Hamidia Hospital. For this, treatment will also be done with research in the IVF lab. Women who are not able to become mothers can take advantage of this facility by getting tested at a low cost.
Why in News?
On September 22, 2022, Haryana Pollution Control Board Chairman P. Raghavendra Rao said that the Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP) will be implemented in ncr districts from October 1.
- Under the Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP), there will be a ban on the operation of generator sets in NCR districts from October 1. Generator sets will be allowed only in essential services, such as running hospitals, medical equipment, army-related work or other emergency situations.
- Also, industries based on coal, diesel and generators will not be able to run where the PNG line has been laid. Where the PNG line has not been laid, this rule will be applicable from January 1, 2023.
- P Raghavendra Rao said that this time the revised GRAP is being implemented in NCR, under which the GRAP has been divided into four stages based on the air quality. If the AQI i.e. air quality index reaches above 200, the first stage will be poor. Stage 3 will be severe if AQI crosses 400 and stage 4 will be 'very severe' if AQI crosses 450.
- Significantly, 14 districts of Haryana fall in the NCR region. To reduce pollution in NCR districts, registration on the Dust Control App will be necessary for construction and demolition in more than 500 square meters area.
- He said that when the GRAP is implemented, emphasis will be laid on the use of clean fuel in industries. Industries where PNG gas is supplied will use gas and industries where gas has not been supplied so far should use biomass as fuel.
- He directed the officials to ensure a ban on the use of coal in dhabas, hotels and restaurants etc. Along with this, a district environment plan should be prepared in all the districts.
- He also instructed to constitute special monitoring teams to prevent air pollution and conduct patrolling at night as well as random checking.
- P Raghavendra Rao said that like the Meteorological Department, the Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology will give a pre-estimate of the air quality three days in advance. Earlier, information about air was available on the same day, but now people will be able to get information in advance. The advantage of this will be that people will be able to prepare in advance to avoid pollution.
Why in News?
On September 22, 2022, Haryana Home Minister Anil Vij, after a review meeting with officials of the Civil and Aviation Department, has informed that the air service from Ambala to Srinagar and Lucknow will start soon.
- About 20 acres of land along the junction of the military has been selected for the construction of the terminal in Ambala. The Army has also transferred this land to the Air Force. The terminal will be built on this land at a cost of about Rs 40 crore. For this, the Union Ministry has given all the approvals and also approved the funds.
- Officials of the Civil and Aviation Department, Haryana, said that the Air Force has also given NOC to start air travel in Ambala. In addition, air travel will be started by building a temporary terminal until the terminal is ready.
- Home Minister Vij directed the officers to complete all necessary formalities for air travel so that the public could get its benefits quickly.
- At present, people have to travel to Chandigarh or Delhi for air services.
Why in News?
On September 23, 2022, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel tweeted that the state government is going to launch an innovative campaign 'Hamar Beti-Hamar Maan' towards women's safety, especially for the safety of daughters, protection of their dignity, their convenience and providing them necessary services.
- Chief Minister Mr. Bhupesh Baghel tweeted about this campaign and said that under the 'Hamar Beti-Hamar Maan' campaign, women officers and employees of the state police will go to schools and colleges in all the districts of the state and guide and communicate with daughters on their legal rights, good touch, bad touch, eve-teasing, sexual abuse, cyber crime, social media crime prevention and rights.
- Under the campaign, special women patrolling of police will be installed in girls' schools-colleges and prominent places with the presence of women and young women.
- A mobile number will also be issued for the 'Hamar Beti-Hamar Maan' helpline, on which daughters will be able to register their complaints, their problems, any abuse or crime against them, which will be dealt with on priority.
- It has also been decided by the state government that the investigation of women-related crimes will be done by women investigators on priority basis, as well as the responsibility of ensuring that the investigation of such crimes can be completed within the stipulated time and the challan can be presented. will be of IG range officials.
- Regarding the application to be launched for women's safety, schools and colleges will be told how it can be used. The Chief Minister said that it is expected that this campaign will prove to be a revolutionary step towards increasing women's safety and respect for women.
Why in News?
At the Poshak Anaj Award, 2022 organized by IIMR, Government of India in Hyderabad on September 23, 2022, Telangana Agriculture Minister S. Niranjan Reddy awarded and honoured Chhattisgarh as the best emerging state for promoting millet.
- On behalf of Chhattisgarh, this award was received by S.S. Bajaj, Special Managing Director of State Minor Forest Produce Association.
- The function also appreciated the pro-farmer policies of the Chhattisgarh government and efforts to promote cultivation of kodo, kutki and ragi in the state.
- It is noteworthy that according to the intention of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, the cultivation of Kodo, Kutki and Ragi is being specially promoted in Chhattisgarh. On the initiative of the Chief Minister, Kodo, Kutki and Ragi have been included in the 'Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojana' and its producing farmers are also being given input assistance of Rs 9,000 per acre as an incentive.
- Chhattisgarh is the only state in the country where kodo, kutki and ragi are being purchased at support price and its value addition work is also being done. Kodo-Kutki was purchased at the support price of Rs 3000 per quintal and Ragi was purchased by Chhattisgarh State Minor Forest Produce Association at the rate of Rs 3377 per quintal.
- According to the intention of the Chief Minister, the cultivation of Kodo, Kutki and Ragi is being continuously expanded in the state, due to which the area under its cultivation in the state has increased from 69 thousand hectares to one lakh 88 thousand hectares.
- Keeping in view the promotion of millet cultivation, training to farmers, availability of high quality seeds and increase in productivity, 'Millet Mission' has also been started in the state from January 10, 2022. 14 districts of the state have also signed tripartite MoUs with IIMR Hyderabad under the Millet Mission with the efforts of Chhattisgarh State Minor Forest Produce Association.
- Under the Chhattisgarh Millet Mission, a target has also been set to double the productivity of millet from 4.5 quintals per acre to 9 quintals i.e.
- It is worth mentioning that under the Chhattisgarh Millet Mission, its cultivation is being encouraged through cluster approach in Kanker, Kondagaon, Bastar, Dantewada, Sukma, Kabirdham, Narayanpur, Jashpur, Bijapur, Rajnandgaon, Surajpur, Balrampur, Koriya and Gaurela-Pendra-Marwahi districts.
- IIMR Hyderabad has supported the training of farmers along with better seeds, technology for millet cultivation in the state. Appointments of millet advisors are also being made in 14 selected districts of Chhattisgarh.
- Under the Millet Mission, 46 thousand quintals of kodo, 2800 quintals of kutki and 5811 quintals of ragi have also been procured at the support price in the state in the last season. The millet-based integrated plant in Kanker district is being set up by Avani Ayurveda Pvt Ltd at a cost of Rs 5.5 crore with a processing capacity of 5,000 metric tonnes. This will encourage millets and provide employment to local youth.
Why in News?
On September 23, 2022, Chhattisgarh Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Umesh Patel felicitated the winners of the B category Challengers category of Chhattisgarh Chief Minister's Trophy with Challengers Trophy and cheques in the chess competition held at Hotal Shagun Farm in capital Raipur.
- The competition, which has been going on for the last 5 days, was completed in nine cycles in which about 350 players from 20 states and 3 federations Nepal, Bangladesh, United States of America participated.
- Overwall winner in challengers category K.R.U. Arun (rating 1861) was point-8 and runner-up Shreyan Majumdar of Maharashtra (rating 1743) was point-8. West Bengal's Bishal Basak (rating 1716) was third with a point of 7.50.
- In the 1800 to 1400 rating, the winner was Mohammad Ryan of Bihar, the runner-up was Anas Nandan of Maharashtra and on the third place was Ajay Santosh Parthreddy of Uttar Pradesh. Similarly, in the 1400 to 0 ratings, the winner was Adhiraj Mitra of Jharkhand, the runner-up was R. Santosh of Tamil Nadu and on the third place was N. Rohit of Telangana.
- In the women's category, the winner was Dakshita Kumawat of Rajasthan, the runner-up was Sanskriti Wankhade of Maharashtra and Sneha Halder of West Bengal was third.
- Among those above 60 years of age, the winner is Dev Kantilal of Rajasthan, the runner-up is S.K. Singh of Madhya Pradesh. Rathore and R.K. Rathore of Rajasthan were third. Gupta stayed.
- In the best Chhattisgarh player category, the winner was Lavyajyoti Ratre, the runner-up Vivek Sahu and the third place was bagged by Rajnikant Bakshi.
- In the divyang category, Amit Deshpande was the winner, Madhukesh Ram was the runner-up and Mahesh Sudar was third.
- In the under-15 boys category, the winner was Dars Shetty of Maharashtra and the runner-up was Daksh Goyal of Delhi, while in the under-15 girls category, the winner was Kera Dagaria of Madhya Pradesh and the runner-up was Krishika Garg of Delhi.
- In the U-13 boys category, the winner was Nihal Swarn of Andhra Pradesh and the runner-up was Samyak of West Bengal. In the U-13 girls category, The winner was Sakshi Jain of Delhi and the runner-up was Shreyali Patnaik.
- In the U-11 boys category, the winner was Kola Bhavan of Andhra Pradesh and the runner-up was Apar Saxena of Karnataka. In the U-11 girls category, the winner was Prishita Gupta of Delhi and the runner-up was Nihara Kaul of Maharashtra.
- In the U-9 boys category, the winner was Vasireddy Arjun of Andhra Pradesh and the runner-up was P. Mithilesh. In the U-9 girls category, Ishika of Chhattisgarh and Arohi Mathur of Telangana were the runners-up.
- In the under-7 boys category, the winner was Parv Hakani of Maharashtra and the runner-up was Vivan Gupta of Chhattisgarh. In the under-7 girls category, the winner was Amya Agarwal of Telangana and the runner-up was Radhya of Madhya Pradesh.
- On this occasion, Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Umesh Patel said that Chhattisgarh is coming forward rapidly in the field of sports. The work of building better infrastructure in the state is going on at a rapid pace. Sports academies are being constructed in Chhattisgarh. For this, the cooperation of the industry is also being taken.
- He said that residential and non-residential sports academies are operating in Raipur and Bilaspur. More sports academies will be built further. The government plans to build an academy in every district for the sport that the people there are more interested in.
Switch to Hindi