Switch To Hindi
'Hamar Beti-Hamar Maan' Campaign
- 24 Sep 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On September 23, 2022, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel tweeted that the state government is going to launch an innovative campaign 'Hamar Beti-Hamar Maan' towards women's safety, especially for the safety of daughters, protection of their dignity, their convenience and providing them necessary services.
- Chief Minister Mr. Bhupesh Baghel tweeted about this campaign and said that under the 'Hamar Beti-Hamar Maan' campaign, women officers and employees of the state police will go to schools and colleges in all the districts of the state and guide and communicate with daughters on their legal rights, good touch, bad touch, eve-teasing, sexual abuse, cyber crime, social media crime prevention and rights.
- Under the campaign, special women patrolling of police will be installed in girls' schools-colleges and prominent places with the presence of women and young women.
- A mobile number will also be issued for the 'Hamar Beti-Hamar Maan' helpline, on which daughters will be able to register their complaints, their problems, any abuse or crime against them, which will be dealt with on priority.
- It has also been decided by the state government that the investigation of women-related crimes will be done by women investigators on priority basis, as well as the responsibility of ensuring that the investigation of such crimes can be completed within the stipulated time and the challan can be presented. will be of IG range officials.
- Regarding the application to be launched for women's safety, schools and colleges will be told how it can be used. The Chief Minister said that it is expected that this campaign will prove to be a revolutionary step towards increasing women's safety and respect for women.