Patna Ranks Second among Cities with Warehousing (warehouse) availability
- 24 Sep 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
Patna in Bihar has been ranked second among the cities with warehousing availability in the 'India Warehousing Market Report-2022' released by international organization Knight Frank India recently.
- Among the cities with warehousing availability in 2022 as compared to financial year 2021, Patna has overtaken cities like Guwahati, Jaipur, Ludhiana etc. in this race. In Patna, 9 lakh (0.9 million) square feet of space has been created for warehousing in 2022 compared to financial year 2021.
- Bhubaneswar city has been in the first place with a growth rate of 52.7 per cent. In third place is Siliguri with a growth rate of 148 per cent.
- According to the 'India Warehousing Market Report-2022' released by international organization Knight Frank India, Patna has achieved a growth rate of 309 percent in this sector in the financial year 2022.
- The unorganised market of warehousing is rapidly developing within a radius of 35 km around Patna. The warehousing cluster is developing in Hajipur area south of Patna-Gaya road, west of NH 922 and east of NH 31 and 20 km north of Patna.
- Areas like Bihta, Gaurichak, Fatuha, Zero Mile, Didarganj and Khagaul of Patna have the highest rate of expansion. Warehouses of companies like Coca Cola, Flipkart, GSK, Pepsi etc. are present around Patna.