Why In News?
On September 22, 2022, boxing coach Sujit Kumar Gautam informed that Govind Sahni of Gorakhpur district of Uttar Pradesh will represent the country in the Asian Championship of Boxing to be held in Jordan from October 30 to November 12.
- Govind Sahni of Uttar Pradesh is the only player from the state who managed to make it to the Indian team. He will represent the country in the 48kg weight category.
- It is known that Govind had represented India at the World Championships held in Serbia in October 2021 but could not win any medal.
- It is noteworthy that Govind Sahni has won gold medal in men's elite national boxing championship in Karnataka, gold medal in open international boxing championship in Thailand, gold medal in open international boxing championship in Vietnam, gold medal in open international boxing championship in Kazakhstan.
- Apart from this, he has also won medals in international level boxing competition held in India along with Finland, Poland, Russia.
Why In News?
On September 22, 2022, Uttar Pradesh Medical Education Principal Secretary Alok Kumar informed that the central government has given in-principle consent to open medical colleges in six districts of the state under the Viability Gap Funding (VGF) scheme. This work will be done under the 'One District One Medical College' program.
- Under the 'One District One Medical College' program, the process of opening medical colleges in Mahoba, Mainpuri, Baghpat, Hamirpur, Hathras and Kasganj districts on PPP mode has started. Investors will be selected through tenders for running medical colleges.
- In Uttar Pradesh, medical colleges are to be opened on PPP model in 16 districts. It will cost around Rs 1525 crore to open medical colleges in six districts. The central government will provide a subsidy of Rs 1012 crore in this. A college will get an average subsidy of Rs 160 crore each.
- Work has started by selecting investors to open medical colleges in Maharajganj and Sambhal. Apart from this, the process of opening medical colleges in Shamli and Mau is underway.
- Principal Secretary of Medical Education Department Alok Kumar said that for the medical colleges to be opened on PPP model, the state government will give the district hospital and land on lease for 33 years. After this, the investor will return the medical college. It will be the property of the state government. Also, stamp duty exemption and subsidy in equipment will be given.
- Alok Kumar said that at present there are 65 medical colleges in Uttar Pradesh, including government and private. The central institutes include two AIIMS, one BHU and one Aligarh Medical College in Rae Bareli and Gorakhpur.
- Amethi, Auraiya, Bijnor, Bulandshahr, Chandauli, Gonda, Kanpur Dehat, Kaushambi, Kushinagar, Lakhimpur Kheri, Lalitpur, Pilibhit, Sonbhadra and Sultanpur districts will get medical colleges by 2022-23. Their construction work is underway.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had inaugurated medical colleges in nine districts - Deoria, Etah, Fatehpur, Ghazipur, Hardoi, Jaunpur, Mirzapur, Pratapgarh and Siddharthnagar - last year.
Why In News?
According to the data released by the state health committee on September 21, 2022, East Champaran ranks first in Bihar in the second dose of the Covid vaccination drive released by the government to control Covid.
- According to the data released by the State Health Committee, Darbhanga has been ranked second, Kaimur in third place and Gaya in fourth place. In the first dose of Covid vaccination, Siwan is at the first place, while Purnia is second and East Champaran is third.
- The data on Covid vaccination released by the district-wise state health committee is from January 16, 2021 to September 20, 2022.
- According to the data, a total of 37,86,790 people were given phase II vaccination in East Champaran. In East Champaran, including both the first and second doses, 85,11,745 doses were given to the people. According to statistics, males are 43,18,699 and female are 41,91,150 in number. The third gender has also been vaccinated, whose number is 1896.
- According to the data, so far 38,51,421 people have been given booster dose in the first phase and 37,88,632 people in the second phase. Apart from this, precaution doses have been given to 8,71,675 people. The booster dose vaccination drive is still on.
- It is known that in the East Champaran district which has a population of about 50 lakh, 351 people died during the Corona period, but since vaccination, there has been a break on it.
Why In News?
On September 22, 2022, the Rajasthan Assembly passed the Rajasthan Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2022 by voice vote.
- Education Minister Dr. B.D. Kalla said the bill has been amended to improve input credit tax. Interest will now be payable by the practitioner if credit tax is being used on false claims of input credit tax. Also, the system of issuing credit notes has also been included in the Bill.
- Dr. Kalla said that a provision has also been included in this bill that registration will not be canceled if the return is not filed for 6 months. Along with this, the returns for GST R-1, 3 and 8 have also been improved, which will prevent discrepancies in the returns.
- The minister in-charge informed the House that due to Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot’s efficient financial management, the GST tax collection in the state reached Rs 27,501 crore in the year 2021-22, which was Rs 12,137 crore in the base year 2017-18.
- He said that the state's GST collection has also registered an increase of 32.5 percent compared to last year, which is more than the neighboring states of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh and Haryana.
- GST was implemented in 2017.
Why In News?
On September 22, 2022, Rajasthan Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Tikaram Julie launched the online portal of Rajasthan Scheduled Caste Tribe Finance and Development Cooperative Corporation Limited (ANUS) at the auditorium at Nehru Sahakar Bhawan .
- Tikaram Juli said that through this portal, scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, sanitation workers, specially abled people and other backward classes can apply online for the loan for the financial year 2022-23.
- On this portal, all the data will now be taken from the public base, so that there will be no need to upload other documents and after the application is approved, the amount will be directly be transferred in the account of the beneficiary (DBT).
- He said that applying online through the portal will bring transparency. He emphasized on giving wide publicity to the Scheduled Castes Corporation’s loan and financial assistance scheme so that the person sitting at the last end can be benefitted from this.
- Tikaram Juli also informed that Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has constituted a Scheduled Caste Development Fund of Rs 500 crore for the development and upliftment of Scheduled Castes.
Why In News?
Recently, Madhya Pradesh has been selected for many awards for outstanding work in the Swachh Bharat Mission. The awards will be presented by the President to the team from Madhya Pradesh on the occasion of Swachh Bharat Diwas to be held at Vigyan Bhawan, Delhi on October 2.
- In the Swachh Survekshan Gramin year 2022, Madhya Pradesh has got the first place among the states doing excellent work in the West Zone, Bhopal has got the first place and Indore has got the third place in the best working districts.
- Similarly, Madhya Pradesh has got the first prize for the best work in Sujalam Campaign-1 and Madhya Pradesh has got the fourth prize in Sujalam Campaign-2.
Why In News?
On September 22, 2022, Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Dr. Narottam Mishra felicitated 47 daughters at Ladli Laxmi Sammelan organized at 'Chief Minister’s Jan-Seva Abhiyan'.
- In the 'Ladli Laxmi Sammelan’, 11 girls got Ladli Laxmi Certificate, 25 families got single daughter family honor, 13 girls got state-level gold medal in gymnastics, medal in taekwondo at international level, gold medal in shot put, aerobics national player gold medal, national karate championship, Gold medal in All India Karate, Gold Medal in Yoga etc. were honored for outstanding achievements, 3 girls were given the benefit of 'Mukhyamantri Bal Ashirwad Yojana' and 5 young women were given pink licenses.
- Home Minister Dr. Mishra said that beneficiaries who have been deprived of the benefits of various schemes will be provided benefits as per eligibility. To benefit them from 33 public welfare schemes of the central and state government, 'Mukhyamantri Jan-Seva Abhiyan' is being run from September 17 to October 31 (45 days), the birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- It has been resolved to benefit every needy eligible person from the schemes through the 'Mukhyamantri Jan-Seva Abhiyan'. In order to fulfill the resolution in the campaign, great work is being done to benefit people by reaching door to door and taking information from the people.
- Home Minister Dr. Narottam Mishra said that 'Ladli Laxmi Yojana' is yielding positive results. Not only has people's thinking towards the girl child changed, but the sex ratio has also progressively improved.
- Indore tops the list in the state in the implementation of Ladli Laxmi Yojana. 1,81,000 girls are getting the benefit of Ladli Laxmi Yojana in Indore.
- Water Resources Minister Tulsiram Silawat said that the entire country is following the Ladli Laxmi Yojana of Madhya Pradesh. The scheme, which started in 2007, is benefiting 43 lakh girls.
Why In News?
Recently, Haryana Central University, Mahendragarh has received IDA Education Award 2022, achieving another achievement in the field of higher education.
- This award has been given to the university for the work done for the students and faculty members in the field of higher education.
- The award was presented by the University Vice-Chancellor Prof. Tankeshwar Kumar accepted.
- It is known that the IDA Award is a prestigious award in the field of higher education.
- For IDA Education Award 2022, more than 2300 nominations were received from more than 1100 educational institutions in 25 states of the country in various categories, in which Haryana Central University, Mahendragarh, under the Higher Education category, received this award for Student and Faculty Wellbeing, i.e. Institute and Partners. for the educational and emotional needs of students, researchers, faculty and staff and digital wellness.
Why In News?
On September 22, 2022, Dr. Mary Neelima Kerketta, a retired Indian Administrative Service officer, has been appointed as the chairperson of the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC). After the approval of Governor Ramesh Bais, the Department of Personnel, Administrative Reforms and Official Language issued a notification appointing him as the chairman.
- It is worth noting that the post of JPSC President was vacant after Amitabh Choudhary completed 62 years on July 5, 2022. Due to the absence of the chairman, many appointments, interviews, promotions etc. work in the commission has come to a standstill.
- Dr. Neelima will hold the post of President till the maximum age of 62 years from the date of assuming office. In this way, she will be able to remain in this post till August 2024.
- Dr. Neelima is a 1994 batch IAS officer of Maharashtra cadre. From 2008 to 2013, she held several posts in Jharkhand and retired as principal secretary of the health department.
- Dr. Kerketta, a resident of Karni village in Gumla district, did her matriculation from Ursuline Convent Girls High School, Ranchi, her graduation from BAU, MSc and PhD from ICAR, New Delhi. His father Dr. R. Kerketa has been the Vice Chancellor of Birsa Agricultural University.
Why In News?
On September 22, 2022, the Director of Jharkhand AYUSH Department sent a letter to all the district AYUSH officers and directed them to construct 10 bedded AYUSH hospitals in all the districts.
- On the lines of Allopathic system of medicine, now patients will be treated with the help of Ayurveda in the state. For this Indoor Ayurveda Hospital will be constructed.
- Hospitals of 10 beds each will be built in all 24 districts of the state. At present, 10 beds will be available in this hospital. This will facilitate treatment to patients. Ayush Hospital will be constructed on a total of 25 decimal land.
- In this regard, the Director of AYUSH Department has sent a letter to all the district AYUSH officers asking them to implement it. It has been said in the letter that in order to promote the indigenous system of medicine and to benefit the patients from the ancient system of medicine of the country, the needy patient will be admitted to AYUSH hospital and treatment will be done with AYUSH system with no side effect.
- So far there has been an outdoor facility for AYUSH therapy. After the 10 bedded AYUSH hospital is available, now the patients can be admitted to the hospital and treated with AYUSH system by providing indoor medical facilities.
- It is worth mentioning that in view of the various diseases that are growing day by day including the Corona period, almost the whole world including Mother India has been inclined towards AYUSH, especially Naturopathy Ayurveda, in which the three wings of AYUSH medicine are Ayurvedic medicine, Homeopathic medicine and Unani system of medicine. It is said to have no side effects.
Why In News?
Recently, The Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) of Chhattisgarh has once again won 4 National Awards, waving its flag all over the country with its outstanding work.
- Chhattisgarh has been ranked first among the best performing states in the East Zone in the Swachh Survekshan-Gramin of the Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation. In the best performing districts, Durg is second and Balod is third in East Zone.
- Chhattisgarh has got 3rd position in Central Zone in wall writing competition on ODF+.
- President Draupadi Murmu will reward the state for these achievements in a function organized on 2nd October at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi on the occasion of Swachh Bharat Diwas.
- Congratulating the state team of Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) for these awards, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel said that Chhattisgarh is doing good work every year in the Swachh Bharat Mission. Due to these good deeds, the state is getting top awards every year.
- He expressed hope that the Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) team of the state would continue its good work and Chhattisgarh would remain one of the cleanest states in the country.
Why In News?
On September 22, 2022, Premlal Patel, Assistant Director, Public Relations Department, Chhattisgarh said that not only in Chhattisgarh, but also in other states of the country, there is a demand for the products of 'Chhattisgarh Herbals' brand.
- Due to the purity and quality of the product of 'Chhattisgarh Herbals', shops will be set up outside Chhattisgarh for its sale in the state of Maharashtra and Goa, where the products of Chhattisgarh Herbals will be easily available.
- It is worth mentioning that under the brand 'Chhattisgarh Herbals' there are more than 130 products produced by Van Dhan Vikas Kendra's of State Minor Forest Produce Association and there are more than 90 products of Self Help Groups working under Collector Sector. These products are currently available in market in Chhattisgarh through 32 Sanjeevani shops, Dhanwantari shops, csc shops, amazon, flipkart.
- In this direction, Chhattisgarh State Minor Forest Produce Association has achieved a new achievement in the field of marketing. Now the products of Chhattisgarh Herbals will be available for sale in shops in Maharashtra and Goa also. Natureo Medex Pvt. Ltd. Pune has been selected by the association for marketing the products of 'Chhattisgarh Herbals' in the state of Maharashtra and Goa in the first phase.
- Private investors and distributors from other states are also showing their interest in view of the success of the product of 'Chhattisgarh Herbals' in the state, in view of which Chhattisgarh State Minor Forest Produce Association has invited interest from interested parties of state level distributors for marketing from different states of India.
- With the selection of state-level distributors in Maharashtra and Goa, residents will now have the advantage of enjoying the priceless purity of the 'Chhattisgarh Herbals' brand from the nearest retail outlets. In other states of the country also, the process of identification of distributors / selection of distributors is going on in a gradual manner.
- Sanjay Shukla, Managing Director, State Minor Forest Produce Association informed that a new plant for honey processing is being set up at Kawardha Van Dhan Vikas Kendra. Similarly, a new advanced cashew processing unit is being established at Asna Jagdalpur. Units are being set up at Dhamtari's Dugli for making Aloe Vera products and at Baronda, Raipur for making premium Jamun juice.
- Similarly other Van Dhan Vikas Kendra units have IITs. Improvements and modernization are being done with the advice of expert consultants of Kanpur, so that the high quality of the products is maintained continuously.
- Under Chhattisgarh Herbals, gift packs are being brought in the market for the last two years on the occasion of Diwali. Chhattisgarh Herbals products are available in attractive packaging which guarantees quality and purity. These gift packets will soon be available for sale through Sanjeevani shops, major private retail outlets, C Mart, Amazon, Flipkart.
- The products collected and prepared by tribal women from the forests of Chhattisgarh are sold under the brand 'Chhattisgarh Herbal', which aims at social and economic upliftment of tribals and other forest dwellers.
- Herbal brands include Bhringraj Oil, Neem Oil, Herbal Soap, Chyawanprash, Pure Honey, Sanitizer, Herbal Havan Ingredients, Seed Oil, Amla Juice, Bael Sherbet, Jamun Juice, Mahua RTS, Mahua Squash, Herbal Coffee, Amla Lachha , Pickles, Pachak Candy, Bael Murabba, Tea are available, while Mahua Ladoo, Jam, Cookies, Pickles, Chikki, Chunks and Tamarind Bricks, Candy, Kaunchpak, Tamarind Sauce and Jamun Chips, Masala Jaggery Powder and various of Ayurveda Churna products are being sold.
Why In News?
On September 22, 2022, Uttarakhand Sports Minister Rekha Arya told the media in the auditorium of the Assembly that the Khel Mahakumbh will start from October 2 in 662 Nyay panchayats of 13 districts of the state.
- Sports Minister Rekha Arya told that this Khel Maha Kumbh will be inaugurated by Uttarakhand Governor Lt Gen Gurmeet Singh (Sen.) from Raipur Nyay Panchayat in Dehradun.
- Starting from October 2 till January 25, 2023, the Khel Mahakumbh will see competitions in different age groups. Any player in the age group of 8 to 14 years, 14 to 17 years and 17 to 21 years can participate in the competitions. More than two lakh players will participate in Nyay Panchayat, Block, District and State level competitions.
- Registration in the contest is kept free. Registration can be done in the offices of Gram Panchayats, Primary Schools, Junior High School, Secondary School, Inter College, Youth Welfare, Sports and Education Department.
- The Sports Minister said that this year Pentathlon will also be organized, in which the soldiers of Indian Army, Paramilitary Force, Police, Home Guard etc. in the age group of 17 to 21 years will also be able to participate. Competitions will be organized at district and state level to attract the youth of the state in 1600 meters running, Long jump, High jump, Cricket, Ball throw, Chin-up disciplines.
- This year, under the Khel Mahakumbh 2022, traditional games, Murga Jhapat, Adan, Gulli Danda, Rassa-Kassi etc. have also been included.
- Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Volleyball, Athletics games have been kept in the under 14 and 17 years age group at the Nyaya Panchayat level.
- At the block level, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Volleyball, Athletics, Badminton and Boys' Football are included in Under 14, 17 and 21 age groups.
- At the district level, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Volleyball, Athletics, Badminton, Football, Judo, Boxing, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Handball, Basketball and Karate have been placed in the same age group at the district level.
- At the state level, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Volleyball, Athletics, Badminton, Football, Judo, Boxing, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Handball, Basketball, Karate and Hockey have been kept in the Boys category.
Switch to Hindi