Why In News?
Recently, The Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) of Chhattisgarh has once again won 4 National Awards, waving its flag all over the country with its outstanding work.
- Chhattisgarh has been ranked first among the best performing states in the East Zone in the Swachh Survekshan-Gramin of the Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation. In the best performing districts, Durg is second and Balod is third in East Zone.
- Chhattisgarh has got 3rd position in Central Zone in wall writing competition on ODF+.
- President Draupadi Murmu will reward the state for these achievements in a function organized on 2nd October at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi on the occasion of Swachh Bharat Diwas.
- Congratulating the state team of Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) for these awards, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel said that Chhattisgarh is doing good work every year in the Swachh Bharat Mission. Due to these good deeds, the state is getting top awards every year.
- He expressed hope that the Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) team of the state would continue its good work and Chhattisgarh would remain one of the cleanest states in the country.
Why In News?
On September 22, 2022, Premlal Patel, Assistant Director, Public Relations Department, Chhattisgarh said that not only in Chhattisgarh, but also in other states of the country, there is a demand for the products of 'Chhattisgarh Herbals' brand.
- Due to the purity and quality of the product of 'Chhattisgarh Herbals', shops will be set up outside Chhattisgarh for its sale in the state of Maharashtra and Goa, where the products of Chhattisgarh Herbals will be easily available.
- It is worth mentioning that under the brand 'Chhattisgarh Herbals' there are more than 130 products produced by Van Dhan Vikas Kendra's of State Minor Forest Produce Association and there are more than 90 products of Self Help Groups working under Collector Sector. These products are currently available in market in Chhattisgarh through 32 Sanjeevani shops, Dhanwantari shops, csc shops, amazon, flipkart.
- In this direction, Chhattisgarh State Minor Forest Produce Association has achieved a new achievement in the field of marketing. Now the products of Chhattisgarh Herbals will be available for sale in shops in Maharashtra and Goa also. Natureo Medex Pvt. Ltd. Pune has been selected by the association for marketing the products of 'Chhattisgarh Herbals' in the state of Maharashtra and Goa in the first phase.
- Private investors and distributors from other states are also showing their interest in view of the success of the product of 'Chhattisgarh Herbals' in the state, in view of which Chhattisgarh State Minor Forest Produce Association has invited interest from interested parties of state level distributors for marketing from different states of India.
- With the selection of state-level distributors in Maharashtra and Goa, residents will now have the advantage of enjoying the priceless purity of the 'Chhattisgarh Herbals' brand from the nearest retail outlets. In other states of the country also, the process of identification of distributors / selection of distributors is going on in a gradual manner.
- Sanjay Shukla, Managing Director, State Minor Forest Produce Association informed that a new plant for honey processing is being set up at Kawardha Van Dhan Vikas Kendra. Similarly, a new advanced cashew processing unit is being established at Asna Jagdalpur. Units are being set up at Dhamtari's Dugli for making Aloe Vera products and at Baronda, Raipur for making premium Jamun juice.
- Similarly other Van Dhan Vikas Kendra units have IITs. Improvements and modernization are being done with the advice of expert consultants of Kanpur, so that the high quality of the products is maintained continuously.
- Under Chhattisgarh Herbals, gift packs are being brought in the market for the last two years on the occasion of Diwali. Chhattisgarh Herbals products are available in attractive packaging which guarantees quality and purity. These gift packets will soon be available for sale through Sanjeevani shops, major private retail outlets, C Mart, Amazon, Flipkart.
- The products collected and prepared by tribal women from the forests of Chhattisgarh are sold under the brand 'Chhattisgarh Herbal', which aims at social and economic upliftment of tribals and other forest dwellers.
- Herbal brands include Bhringraj Oil, Neem Oil, Herbal Soap, Chyawanprash, Pure Honey, Sanitizer, Herbal Havan Ingredients, Seed Oil, Amla Juice, Bael Sherbet, Jamun Juice, Mahua RTS, Mahua Squash, Herbal Coffee, Amla Lachha , Pickles, Pachak Candy, Bael Murabba, Tea are available, while Mahua Ladoo, Jam, Cookies, Pickles, Chikki, Chunks and Tamarind Bricks, Candy, Kaunchpak, Tamarind Sauce and Jamun Chips, Masala Jaggery Powder and various of Ayurveda Churna products are being sold.
Switch to Hindi