Khel Mahakumbh in Uttarakhand
- 23 Sep 2022
- 3 min read
Why In News?
On September 22, 2022, Uttarakhand Sports Minister Rekha Arya told the media in the auditorium of the Assembly that the Khel Mahakumbh will start from October 2 in 662 Nyay panchayats of 13 districts of the state.
- Sports Minister Rekha Arya told that this Khel Maha Kumbh will be inaugurated by Uttarakhand Governor Lt Gen Gurmeet Singh (Sen.) from Raipur Nyay Panchayat in Dehradun.
- Starting from October 2 till January 25, 2023, the Khel Mahakumbh will see competitions in different age groups. Any player in the age group of 8 to 14 years, 14 to 17 years and 17 to 21 years can participate in the competitions. More than two lakh players will participate in Nyay Panchayat, Block, District and State level competitions.
- Registration in the contest is kept free. Registration can be done in the offices of Gram Panchayats, Primary Schools, Junior High School, Secondary School, Inter College, Youth Welfare, Sports and Education Department.
- The Sports Minister said that this year Pentathlon will also be organized, in which the soldiers of Indian Army, Paramilitary Force, Police, Home Guard etc. in the age group of 17 to 21 years will also be able to participate. Competitions will be organized at district and state level to attract the youth of the state in 1600 meters running, Long jump, High jump, Cricket, Ball throw, Chin-up disciplines.
- This year, under the Khel Mahakumbh 2022, traditional games, Murga Jhapat, Adan, Gulli Danda, Rassa-Kassi etc. have also been included.
- Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Volleyball, Athletics games have been kept in the under 14 and 17 years age group at the Nyaya Panchayat level.
- At the block level, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Volleyball, Athletics, Badminton and Boys' Football are included in Under 14, 17 and 21 age groups.
- At the district level, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Volleyball, Athletics, Badminton, Football, Judo, Boxing, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Handball, Basketball and Karate have been placed in the same age group at the district level.
- At the state level, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Volleyball, Athletics, Badminton, Football, Judo, Boxing, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Handball, Basketball, Karate and Hockey have been kept in the Boys category.