Why in News
- On October 21, 2021, on the occasion of Police Commemoration Day, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced a 25 percent increase in the dietary allowance of policemen in the state and Rs 2,000 as mobile allowance every year.
- The Chief Minister paid homage to the policemen who lost their lives in the line of duty at a function organized at the Police Lines and also honored the families of the policemen who were martyred.
- Yogi Adityanath announced a 25 percent increase in their nutritious diet allowance for inspectors, sub-inspectors, chief constables, constables and class IV personnel and mobile allowance of Rs 2,000 annually to all lower rank policemen.
- The Chief Minister said that a provision of Rs 15 crore has been made by the state government for the convenience of the police personnel posted in various districts and units and Rs 20 crore for their welfare.
- Similarly, a provision of Rs. 9.15 crore was made for settlement of 1,926 claims related to medical reimbursement of serving and retired policemen and dependents. Apart from this, a provision of Rs. 48.13 crore has been made for 403 cases related to medical reimbursement of more than Rs.5 lakh for critical illnesses of 288 policemen and their dependents.
- The Chief Minister said that financial assistance of Rs 1,24.24 crore would be provided to the dependents of 527 martyrs of the State Police, as well as the Central Para Military Forces of other states and the Indian Army, who were martyred in the line of duty and originally residing in Uttar Pradesh.
Why in News
- On October 21, 2021, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar announced a 15-day government holiday for 'Vipassana Meditation' in the centenary celebrations to mark the completion of 100 years of the Bihar Legislative Assembly building.
- The Chief Minister said that a Vipassana center has been set up at Buddha Smriti Park near Patna Junction. Government officials and employees willing to participate in this will be given 15 days leave by the government.
- Karuna Stupa and Buddha Smriti Museum have been constructed in Buddha Smriti Park. It was first made a meditation center, then later it was made a Vipassana center.
- The Karuna Stupa houses the relics of Lord Buddha brought from five countries – Japan, Myanmar, South Korea, Sri Lanka and Thailand. Apart from this, Bodhi trees brought by the Dalai Lama have also been planted here.
- 10 days stay and food in this center is absolutely free. At present, Vipassana centers are running at five places in Bihar. Apart from Patna, there are centers in Bodh Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Nalanda and Vaishali.
- Vipassana is one of the most ancient techniques of meditation. It means seeing things as they really are. It was discovered by Gautam Buddha more than two and a half thousand years ago. Its aim is the complete elimination of mental impurities and the happiness after complete liberation.
- Significantly, Lord Buddha had attained enlightenment through 'Vipassana-Sadhana' of meditation. Vipassana is also one of the teachings of Mahatma Buddha. Vipassana does not teach to run away from the reality of life, rather it inspires to accept the reality of life in its true form.
Why in News
- On October 21, 2021, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced an ex-gratia amount up to Rs 35 lakh to the soldiers of Haryana in cases of disability.
- According to the announcement, now the ex-gratia amount has been increased from Rs. 5 lakh to Rs. 15 lakh in cases of 20% disability of soldiers, from Rs. 10 lakh to Rs. 25 lakh in cases of 50% disability and from Rs. 15 lakh in cases of 100% disability, 35 lakh will be provided.
- The Chief Minister has given instructions to the officers of the concerned department to notify the announcement of increasing the ex-gratia amount within a week.
Why in News
- During the cabinet meeting on October 21, 2021, an amount of Rs 27 crore 42 lakh was approved by the state government for the construction of World Trade Center in Ranchi Smart City.
- In this World Trade Center, all facilities related to international business will be found in one complex. Facilities ranging from currency exchange to money transfer can also be found here. Apart from this, other facilities of air cargo, ship container and export management will also be available.
- There will also be a regional office of the Directorate General of Foreign Trade and offices attached to the Federation of Indian Exports. Apart from this, space will be provided for companies involved in import-export.
- Here companies doing international business will also get a place to display and promote their products.
- This World Trade Center will be built with the cooperation of both the Center and the State, the Central Government has given Rs 9.8 crore to the State Government for the establishment of the World Trade Center. The total cost of the scheme is Rs 48 crore.
- In the year 2018 itself, the central government approved the plan to open the World Trade Center in Ranchi. After that the first installment of the assistance amount was also allocated by the Center to the state government, but till now the work on the scheme could not be started.
Why in News
- Recently, Chhattisgarh was awarded the 'India Green Energy Award' by the Indian Federation of Green Energy for the remarkable work being done in the field of biofuel. Chhattisgarh has been awarded this award in the Outstanding Renewable Energy Generation Project category of Biofuel.
- Union Road and Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari and Union Minister of State for New and Renewable Energy Bhagwant Khuba presented India Green Energy Award citation and memento to Sumit Sarkar, Chief Executive Officer of Chhattisgarh Biofuel Development Authority (CBDA), Raipur at a program organized in New Delhi.
- The Government of Chhattisgarh is promoting new alternatives to unconventional energy to reduce the dependence on conventional sources of energy. In this direction, remarkable work is being done by Chhattisgarh Biofuel Development Authority like establishment of ethanol production plant from surplus grains in the field of biofuel in the state, cooperation in the manufacture of bio-jet aviation fuel and research in the field of biofuels.
- Indian Federation of Green Energy, 2020; In supporting partnership with Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India, Sardar Sharan Singh National Institute of Bio-Energy and Association of State Road Transport Undertaking and in knowledge partnership of CARE Rating, various sectors of non-conventional energy such as solar energy, biomass, biofuel Award was given in etc.
- Out of the nominations received from all over India, a distinguished jury consisting of scientists from CSIR, a scientific organization of the Government of India and representative of the educational establishment IIT, was selected for the award in each category.
Switch to Hindi