Star marking (1-5) indicates the importance of topic
Why in News
- Recently, Chhattisgarh was awarded the 'India Green Energy Award' by the Indian Federation of Green Energy for the remarkable work being done in the field of biofuel. Chhattisgarh has been awarded this award in the Outstanding Renewable Energy Generation Project category of Biofuel.
- Union Road and Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari and Union Minister of State for New and Renewable Energy Bhagwant Khuba presented India Green Energy Award citation and memento to Sumit Sarkar, Chief Executive Officer of Chhattisgarh Biofuel Development Authority (CBDA), Raipur at a program organized in New Delhi.
- The Government of Chhattisgarh is promoting new alternatives to unconventional energy to reduce the dependence on conventional sources of energy. In this direction, remarkable work is being done by Chhattisgarh Biofuel Development Authority like establishment of ethanol production plant from surplus grains in the field of biofuel in the state, cooperation in the manufacture of bio-jet aviation fuel and research in the field of biofuels.
- Indian Federation of Green Energy, 2020; In supporting partnership with Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India, Sardar Sharan Singh National Institute of Bio-Energy and Association of State Road Transport Undertaking and in knowledge partnership of CARE Rating, various sectors of non-conventional energy such as solar energy, biomass, biofuel Award was given in etc.
- Out of the nominations received from all over India, a distinguished jury consisting of scientists from CSIR, a scientific organization of the Government of India and representative of the educational establishment IIT, was selected for the award in each category.
Switch to Hindi