Announcement to Increase the Nutritional Allowance of Police Martyrs
- 22 Oct 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On October 21, 2021, on the occasion of Police Commemoration Day, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced a 25 percent increase in the dietary allowance of policemen in the state and Rs 2,000 as mobile allowance every year.
- The Chief Minister paid homage to the policemen who lost their lives in the line of duty at a function organized at the Police Lines and also honored the families of the policemen who were martyred.
- Yogi Adityanath announced a 25 percent increase in their nutritious diet allowance for inspectors, sub-inspectors, chief constables, constables and class IV personnel and mobile allowance of Rs 2,000 annually to all lower rank policemen.
- The Chief Minister said that a provision of Rs 15 crore has been made by the state government for the convenience of the police personnel posted in various districts and units and Rs 20 crore for their welfare.
- Similarly, a provision of Rs. 9.15 crore was made for settlement of 1,926 claims related to medical reimbursement of serving and retired policemen and dependents. Apart from this, a provision of Rs. 48.13 crore has been made for 403 cases related to medical reimbursement of more than Rs.5 lakh for critical illnesses of 288 policemen and their dependents.
- The Chief Minister said that financial assistance of Rs 1,24.24 crore would be provided to the dependents of 527 martyrs of the State Police, as well as the Central Para Military Forces of other states and the Indian Army, who were martyred in the line of duty and originally residing in Uttar Pradesh.