Shree Dhanwantri Generic Medical Store Scheme
- 21 Oct 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On October 20, 2021, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel launched Shree Dhanwantri Generic Medical Store Yojna through video conferencing from his residence office. Under this scheme, he launched 84 shops in the state.
- Under this scheme 15-15 in Durg district and Janjgir-Champa district, 6-6 in Dhamtari, Korba and Raigarh, 5 in Rajnandgaon, 3-3 in Bilaspur, Kondagaon, Sukma and Bijapur, Raipur, Gaurela-Pendra-Marwahi, Two medical stores have been opened in Surajpur and Jashpur.
- One store each has been opened in Mahasamund, Balodabazar-Bhatapara, Gariaband, Bemetara, Kabirdham, Surguja, Balrampur-Ramanujganj, Bastar, Narayanpur, Kanker and Dantewada districts.
- Quality medicines will be available to the consumers at affordable rates from Shree Dhanwantri Generic Medical Stores. Consumers will get the benefit of minimum 50.09 percent and maximum 71 percent discount on the MRP of medicines.
- The Chief Minister also inaugurated home kits of medicines and travel kits on the occasion. This kit will be available for sale at Shree Dhanwantri Generic Medical Store. The home kit, priced at Rs 691, will be available in these medical stores at Rs 290 and the travel kit, which costs Rs 311, will be available at Rs 130.
- Under this scheme run by the Urban Administration and Development Department, there is a plan to start 190 medical stores in 169 cities of the state in the coming time. It will be mandatory to sell 251 types of generic medicines and 27 surgical products in these medical stores. Apart from this, Sanjeevani products of Forest Department, cosmetics products and baby food etc. will also be sold.
- The generic medicines available from these medical stores will be from 20 branded companies, which will be affordable as well as quality.