Why in News
- On September 11, 2021, the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, laid the foundation stone of the Uttar Pradesh National Law University Prayagraj and the Advocate Chamber and Multi-Level Parking to be constructed with an amount of Rs 640.37 crore during the program organized in Allahabad High Court.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Supreme Court Chief Justice N.V. Ramanna was also present.
- The President said that the Allahabad High Court is the fourth High Court established in India in terms of history and the largest High Court in the country in terms of the number of judges.
- He said that the historic decision to register Cornelia Sorabji, India's first woman lawyer, was taken in this High Court in the year 1921, which was a futuristic decision of the Allahabad High Court in the direction of women empowerment.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that Prayagraj is also an important center of education. In order to avoid political interference in the Law University, make an act to make the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court the visitor of this university.
- During the program, the President unveiled the portrait of Senior Advocate Late. Shri Anand Bhushan. A presentation was also made in the program about the establishment of Allahabad High Court and its glorious history.
Why in News
- On September 12, 2021, Rajasthan's Medical and Public Relations Minister Dr. Raghu Sharma inaugurated the newly constructed Singhdwar of Kekdi Gaushala in Ajmer district.
- Dr. Raghu Sharma said that an amount of Rs 21 lakh would be made available for the development works of Gaushala through MLA Local Area Development Board.
- Similarly, the process of opening an Animal Sub Health Center in Gaushala will be started. The temporary arrangement for the treatment of cows will start with immediate effect till the new center is approved.
- A cattle vehicle will be purchased through the municipality to provide treatment to the animals injured in the accident. 10 lakh development works and 10 lakh roads etc. will be made by the municipality.
- This cowshed is almost a century old. Earlier Gaushala was located in Devgaon.
- It has been constructed by the Crab Merchant Association of Agricultural Produce Market. It consists of 4 rooms and a synagogue.
Why in News
- On September 11, 2021, Minister of State for Labor and Indira Gandhi Canal Project, Tikaram Julie told that the work of the project has been started by issuing a tender for making the second page survey work and DPR of Isarda dam project to provide surface drinking water in Alwar district.
- For Eastern Rajasthan, this second major project of Rajasthan will benefit Alwar, Jaipur, Dausa and Sawai Madhopur in the state.
- A total of 2547 villages and 11 towns will get drinking water from the second page of the project. It includes 1118 villages and 4 towns of Alwar district and remaining 1429 villages and 60 towns are included in Jaipur district.
- In the second page of the project, 110 villages of Umrain Panchayat Samiti and 90 villages of Malakheda Panchayat Samiti in Alwar Rural Assembly constituency, 163 of Thana Ghazi of Alwar district, 140 of Rajgarh, 147 of Bansur, 110 of Raini, 206 of Laxmangarh and Kathumar A total of 1118 villages including 152 villages and 4 towns of Alwar, Rajgarh, Khedli and Thana Ghazi have been included in this project.
Why in News
- On September 12, 2021, a two-day training of circle level nodal officers for All India Tiger Estimation 2022 was completed at Pachmarhi, Satpura Tiger Reserve, Hoshangabad, Madhya Pradesh.
- All India Tiger Assessment is done every four years. This year this assessment will run for three months from October to December.
- Tiger estimation is done in three phases. In this, in the first phase, first of all the evidence related to the presence of non-vegetarian and vegetarian wild animals in all the forest vets of Madhya Pradesh and other states is collected.
- In the second phase, scientific study of the GIS map and in the third phase, photographs of wild animals are taken by placing camera traps in the forest areas.
- This year tiger data will be collected in a paperless manner through a special mobile app M Stripe Ecological.
- Along with this, emphasis will be laid on the enumeration of herbivorous-non-vegetarian wildlife in a phased manner in the regional forest divisions and corporation areas in addition to the Tiger Reserve. For this, field staff are being trained for tiger census.
Why in News
- During the butterfly survey conducted from September 10 to 12, 2021, 88 experts from 14 states, patrolling 80 trails of 21 camps, discovered and cataloged 103 different species of butterflies in Ratapani Sanctuary of Madhya Pradesh.
- In the survey, very rare species of Panchmarhi Bush Brown, Angled Pirate, Black Raja, Nawab Common Tree Brown, Tri-coloured Pied Plate Butterflies have been found.
- There has been a special participation of Wild Warriors and Tinsa Foundation in this survey.
- On the last day of the survey, Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forests K.M.N. And Sanjay Shukla distributed certificates to all the participants.
Why in News
- On September 11, 2021, Betul district of Madhya Pradesh was selected for Teak production promotion.
- Under this, a marketing strategy will be prepared by listing the value-addition of the products while assessing the teak product quantity and exploring the possibilities of growth in it.
- The Forest Department has prepared a list of artisans and institutions engaged in the initial processing of teak wood and increasing the production of teak wood in Betul district in the 'One District-One Product' scheme.
- Marketing strategy is being prepared by listing the potential for value-addition of the products. For this, cooperation will be taken from All India Institute of Wood Science Technology, Bangalore and Indian Institute of Forest Management.
Why in News
- On September 12, 2021, Shivanshi, a student of Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University at Hisar, was selected in Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- Shivanshi is one of the 10 students who have been selected by ISRO from across the country.
- It is a two-year programme under which she will complete first year study in ISRO and second year study from University of Twente (ITC), Netherlands.
- It is known that Shivanshi Yadav, a student of Agriculture Engineering and Technology College of Chaudhary Charan Singh Agricultural University selected in ISRO, is originally from village Khushpura in Rewari district.
- Vijay Kumar, father of Shivanshi is working as Assistant Agricultural Engineer in Agriculture Department in Mewat while her mother Pushpa Yadav is a housewife.
- Shivanshi said that after a one year course in Dehradun, research work will be done in the Netherlands for the second year. His research work will be done on how and in what way satellites can be helped in the agriculture sector.
Why in News
- Recently, Rohit Yadav, Managing Director, Haryana Agro Industries Corporation Limited (HAICL) said that on October 2, modern retail stores 'Har-Hith' will be opened in the villages of Haryana.
- He informed that the scheme to open 'Har-Hith' stores was launched on August 2.
- He further said that under this scheme, the Haryana government is providing a platform for startups as well as about a dozen Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs), Government Co-operative Institutions, Self Help Groups (SHGs) to increase their business.
- He said that from September 1, out of the sites which are ready to be set up for shops 300 sites have been allotted, while the allotment process for remaining sites is going on. Along with this, 100 contracts have been done under the franchise policy of the scheme.
- 2000 ‘Har-Hith’ retail stores will be opened in the first phase and 3000 retail stores in the second phase.
- Along with consumers in the city, consumers of the villages too will get top FMCG products including Bakery, Food, Homecare, Personal Care etc from 50 companies of top International, National and Regional level at special discounts of 5 to 50 percent from time to time at these stores.
- High quality products of groups including Khadi, Vita, Hafed will also be made available in Har-Hith stores.
- These stores are being equipped with a complete IT support system to ensure smooth functioning and all sales will be done through the point of sale system.
- Complete IT solutions will be provided to the Franchise Partner including Har-Hith POS Machine, ERP Software, Franchisee App, On-call Support Cell etc.
- Facility of scanning the goods, billing, online payment and stock ordering will be given through the POS machine.
Why in News
- On September 12, 2021, Bastar was honored with 'The Most Promising New Destination' award at the country's largest tourism trade fair held in Kolkata.
- Bastar, which is developing into a world-class tourism center, remained the center of special attraction in the TTF fair held at Netaji Subhash Chandra Stadium in Kolkata from 10th to 13th September.
- The award was received by a tourism delegation led by Assistant Collector of Bastar Ms. Suruchi Singh at the Tourism Fair.
- The tourism, culture and artefacts of Bastar have been displayed in the stalls put up in this fair.
- Presentation on 'The Most Promising New Destination' was also given to tour planners and travel agents who reached Calcutta from the country and the world in the fair.
- In this fair, a fourteen member team from Amcho Bastar Tourism Committee participated from Bastar district administration to showcase Amcho Bastar tourism and local art culture.
- These members were selected from major tourist destinations like Chitrakote, Tirtha, Bijakasa, Kosartera, Madarkonta, Mahendraghumar, Tamra Ghoomar, Michnar, Tirathgarh, Toppar, Manjhipal and other tourist places.
- It is noteworthy that on the initiative of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, a special action plan has been prepared to attract tourists from all over the country and abroad and to highlight the art culture of Bastar on the tourism map.
- Beautification of many tourist places including tourism employment training, tourist trekking, rappelling, paramotor, camping, availability of Bastariya cuisine, tourist guide facility, STF camp, Kosartenda dam, eco resort is being done in Bastar.
Why in News
- On September 11, 2021, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel announced the opening of a medicinal processing and training center at Koteshwar Dham in Dhamtari district.
- The Chief Minister made this announcement while addressing the Vaidyaraj (Traditional Healers) convention at Koteshwar Dham in the district.
- Along with this, he also announced the construction of a rest house for ‘Vaidyas’ at Koteshwar Dham and a paddy procurement centre, a stop dam and community forest rights lease in 4 hectare areas.
- The Chief Minister said the government had started work to document the traditional knowledge of the vaidyas. The Vaidyaraj can grow medicinal plants in their backyards for which the government will provide him assistance.
- He said that at Satdhara a stop dam will be built and Koteshwar will get solar powered electricity supply and drinking water.
Why in News
- Recently, a MoU was signed between the Department of Tourism, Government of Uttarakhand and the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India. With this, Uttarakhand has become the first state in the country to sign a contract with the Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways, Government of India for the construction of a ropeway.
- In the presence of Chief Secretary Dr. SS Sandhu, Yugal Kishore Pant, Additional Secretary Tourism and Additional Chief Executive Officer, Uttarakhand Tourism Development Council and Prakash Gaur, Chief Executive Officer, NHLML, Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways signed the MoU on behalf of Uttarakhand Tourism.
- Its main objective is to facilitate easy access to more tourists and devotees to various religious and adventure tourist destinations in Uttarakhand and to make tourist movement available throughout the year.
- The Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways, Government of India has been made the nodal department for ropeway construction in Uttarakhand.
- For the construction of the ropeway, work will be started by preparing the DPR on behalf of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
- Kedarnath Ropeway, Nainital Ropeway, Hemkund Sahib Ropeway, Panchkoti to New Tehri, Auli to Gaursu, Munsiyari to Khalia Top and Rishikesh to Neelkanth in the first phase by the National Highway Logistics Management Limited (NHLML) under the control of the Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways. The process of DPR formation and construction of seven ropeways till Mahadev will be done in collaboration with the state government.
- Earlier, the tourism department has taken action to build and operate the Mussoorie, Purnagiri and Surkanda Devi ropeways on PPE mode. Out of this, the operation of Surkanda Devi Ropeway will be started by the end of this year.
Why in News
- On September 11, 2021, the 119th seven-day Nanda Devi Mahotsav was formally inaugurated in the auditorium of Shri Ram Sevak Sabha in Nainital, Uttarakhand.
- On this occasion the Chief Guest Nilesh Anand Bharane (Deputy Inspector General of Police, Kumaon Region) said that the Nanda Devi Mahotsav is part of Nainital’s special identity. Organising such festivals is very important for preservation and promotion of the native culture while also motivating the younger generation.
- Various cultural and religious programmes were also performed on the occasion. Folk dances and other presentations added to the enthusiasm and gaiety of the locals and devotees.
- Twenty one saplings presented by environmentalist Yashpal Rawat, which will be planted to compensate for the plantain to the chopped at Sariyatal were also worshipped on the occasion.
- Joint Magistrate Prateek Jain informed that on September 14 (Ashtami), the idols of the goddesses will be kept for the devotees to pay their obeisance and at a time 30 devotees will be allowed to do so one by one.
Switch to Hindi