Bastar : 'The Most Promising New Destination'
Star marking (1-5) indicates the importance of topic for CSE
- 13 Sep 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On September 12, 2021, Bastar was honored with 'The Most Promising New Destination' award at the country's largest tourism trade fair held in Kolkata.
- Bastar, which is developing into a world-class tourism center, remained the center of special attraction in the TTF fair held at Netaji Subhash Chandra Stadium in Kolkata from 10th to 13th September.
- The award was received by a tourism delegation led by Assistant Collector of Bastar Ms. Suruchi Singh at the Tourism Fair.
- The tourism, culture and artefacts of Bastar have been displayed in the stalls put up in this fair.
- Presentation on 'The Most Promising New Destination' was also given to tour planners and travel agents who reached Calcutta from the country and the world in the fair.
- In this fair, a fourteen member team from Amcho Bastar Tourism Committee participated from Bastar district administration to showcase Amcho Bastar tourism and local art culture.
- These members were selected from major tourist destinations like Chitrakote, Tirtha, Bijakasa, Kosartera, Madarkonta, Mahendraghumar, Tamra Ghoomar, Michnar, Tirathgarh, Toppar, Manjhipal and other tourist places.
- It is noteworthy that on the initiative of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, a special action plan has been prepared to attract tourists from all over the country and abroad and to highlight the art culture of Bastar on the tourism map.
- Beautification of many tourist places including tourism employment training, tourist trekking, rappelling, paramotor, camping, availability of Bastariya cuisine, tourist guide facility, STF camp, Kosartenda dam, eco resort is being done in Bastar.