Why In News
- On January 9, 2022, Chhattisgarh Governor Anusuiya Uikey inaugurated the Audio-Video studio of Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhilai.
- The Governor inspected the Ultra High Resolution UAV Mapping Machine at Swami Vivekanand Technical University. Describing this machine as useful for Public Works, Rural Development, Agriculture and Water Resources, Public Health and other departments, she said that such machines would prove to be very useful for designing the master plan.
- On this occasion a report on 42 villages adopted by CSVTU Bhilai was presented to the Governor and various social works done by NSS were mentioned.
Why In News
- On January 9, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel said that the work of formation of Chhattisgarh Sports Development Authority would be completed soon.
- Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel gave this information while discussing with the people of the state on the topic of 'Youth dreams and Chhattisgarh' in the 25th episode of Lokvani, a radio talk broadcast from All India Radio.
- The Chief Minister said that Chhattisgarh Sports Development Authority is being established in order to provide necessary facilities, training, equipment and other expenses to the youth players of the state.
- For the first time in the history of Chhattisgarh, the overall infrastructure of sports training has been developed, under which 9 academies have been established. Nine such academies have already been started for girls in football and for boys and girls in Kabaddi, Archery, Athletics and Hockey.
- The Chief Minister said that a 'Rajiv Yuva Mitan Club' would be formed in the state, so that youth could join this club and cooperate in creative work.
- Under this, an action plan has been prepared for the formation of Rajiv Yuva Mitan Clubs in 13,269 urban bodies and gram panchayats of the state. Each club will consist of 20 to 40 youth aged between 15 and 40 years.
- Under the 'Think Be' (Technology Hub and Innovation for Knowledge Bastar) project, the youth of Bastar are being encouraged for innovation, self-employment and entrepreneurship.
- Protection and development of various tribal arts, folk songs, choreography, craftsmanship, culture, language, literature, food, costumes are being done through the institution 'BADAL' (Bastar Academy of Dance, Art, Literature and Language).
- The Chief Minister said that a processing unit is being set up in Kanker district for crops like Kodo, Kutki, Ragi and in Durg district for processing various agricultural products. Land has been allotted for the establishment of food parks in more than 200 development blocks.
Switch to Hindi