Why in News
- On January 7, 2022, for innovation in the field of e-governance, the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Government of India, was awarded the Golden Award for Labor Service to the Labor Department of Chhattisgarh.
- The award was received by the Union Minister (Personnel, Public Grievances) Dr Jitendra Singh, Secretary, Labor Department, Chhattisgarh Alex Paul Menon and a team of Labor Department officials at a function held at Hyderabad International Convention Center, Hyderabad.
- The Labor Department of Chhattisgarh has been given the Golden Award for e-Shramik Service in the category Universalizing Access Including E-Services for National Award 2020-21 for e-Governance. An amount of Rs 2 lakh has been given with this award.
- About 36 lakh workers have been registered under e-shramik service by the Labor Department of Chhattisgarh Government. Chhattisgarh ranks 6th in the country in terms of registration of unorganized workers and third on the basis of target.
- The workers registered on the e-shram portal are being benefited from various schemes being run by the central and state governments for the workers.
- The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Government of India, gives awards to various departments and districts of the Central and State Governments every year for innovation in e-governance.
- Excellence in Government Process Re-engineering for Digital Transformation for the year 2020-21, Universalizing Access including e-Services, Excellence in District Level Initiative in e-Governance, Outstanding Research on Citizen Centric Services by Academic/Research Institution, Excellence in Adopting Emerging The award has been given in the categories of Technology and Use of ICT in the Management of COVID-19.
Switch to Hindi